Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
garywu

Electric Water Heater Vs Gas Water Heater

I am looking at a gas water heater for my new home . Just need to know what the different between Gas and electric heater.

Does anyone know :

The rate of heating up of water ? (Electric Water heater Vs Gas Water heater)

Saving and $ (Electric Water heater Vs Gas Water heater)

I heard that some people say gas " Bo power" . Wondering is it true a not.

I was eyeing on the city gas MA-10L ( anyone using this model, Your comments and review is appreciated) or is there other good recommendation.

Thank You

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

1 thing for sure is the rate of increase for gas is lesser than the rate of electricity..

so in the long run..it might be cheaper to use the gas powered heater...PROVIDED that their efficiency is the same...

frankly the calculations are all on paper

in terms of real savings, not too sure if its substantial

anyone can verify?

haha...frankly speaking you brought out a very good point! no one would be able to tell unless he changes fm instant to a gas operated one.

for me, when i got my gas heater, i did not look even into utilities consumption. i do note however, that if i were to put up instant heater for both bathrms respectively, it would be minimum $100 X 2.

whereas for my gas heater: $168 incl installation. 2 points can be utilised at the same time as i was told.

thats how i arrive at my purchase lor

Edited by tuasbird

agreed.

it was mentioned in the news before that our piped gas prices quite fixed compared to electricity prices.

we always hear electricity prices go up..but seldom hear piped gas go up in prices mah..

but then again...as nimm12 and tuasbird mentioned..we do not know how EFFICIENT is the gas heater compared to the electrical heater..

scarly it take $0.20 for the gas heater to heat 10L of water..compared to $0.40 for the electrical storage heater to heat 20L of water...then its LPPL.

i didnt have 2nd thoughts when i bought a storage heater though...never even think of other options like the gas heater or instant heater..

Edited by archenemy

i didnt have 2nd thoughts when i bought a storage heater though...never even think of other options like the gas heater or instant heater..

a storage heater would be great for u then! thinketh nothing of rest & be well-assured lor, heehee...! :sport-smiley-004::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

Hi,

Sorry to side track abit but if I am going for rain shower, is there a more recommended kind of heater?

Anyone using Rain Shower can share the experience?

Hi,

Sorry to side track abit but if I am going for rain shower, is there a more recommended kind of heater?

Anyone using Rain Shower can share the experience?

Pending on the size of your rain shower head, meaning the output volume, this will determine whether a storage tank would enhance the experience of a rain shower. And if the storage tank is directly stored above the shower head, that will be the optimum placement.

An instantaneous heater will work well if the flow rate for your home is good. Personally I don't like the aesthetics of an instantaneous heater. To me it is an eyesore. My storage heater is hidden in the false ceiling, in case you are wondering why I think storage tanks are of remarkable beauty. If you do a search on the forum, it was said instantaneous heaters don't work well with rain showers.

Personally I am using 2 storage heaters to minimize pipe works. The flow rate at my home isn't at all water massage therapy prowess. The tanks have made the shower experience better in opinion. My shower head is 350 by 350mm in case you are wondering. It does take a while to heat the water up. But when it is heated up, it stays warm for a quite a while. I never need to turn on the heaters to shower. My wife turns it on whenever she showers. There is always enough left over for me. But again mine is a 50 liter tank.

Which leads me to another consideration you might be thinking. Tank size. Honestly, mine is an over kill. I thought the wife would take one hour showers daily and she loves hot water. Thankfully it has never come to that. I think 30 litres is adequate for a normal shower of 10 minutes or less with almost scalding hot water.

I am looking at a gas water heater for my new home . Just need to know what the different between Gas and electric heater.

Does anyone know :

The rate of heating up of water ? (Electric Water heater Vs Gas Water heater)

Saving and $ (Electric Water heater Vs Gas Water heater)

I heard that some people say gas " Bo power" . Wondering is it true a not.

I was eyeing on the city gas MA-10L ( anyone using this model, Your comments and review is appreciated) or is there other good recommendation.

Thank You

Installed the MA-10L in my service balcony but will only be able to test it next month when everything is ready. I think you need to consider how the extra hot water piping will run from your service balcony to your toilets/kitchen as the stainless steel piping might not to be your liking. You will also need an extra power point for the MA-10L.

Hi, am using MA-10FE, which temperature setting is by digital. Am happy using it as hot water comes, took less than 10secs. For rainshower, still able to get full flow but pressure not that strong, anyway, my rainshower only use it once a while to pamper myself, so no issue to me. Most important for me is to save some cost as electricity is getting ex and I am afraid to install storage heater because I tend to forget to switch off heater after shower.

Still thinking whether to get Electric or Gas Water Heater. Any feedback from gas water heater user? thanks

The Gas water heater takes a shorter time to heat up. Provided you are ok with the piping running from where your Gas water heater is being install. Most likely it will be install in the kitchen where your City Gas outlets are. Hope this help.

agreed.

it was mentioned in the news before that our piped gas prices quite fixed compared to electricity prices.

we always hear electricity prices go up..but seldom hear piped gas go up in prices mah..

but then again...as nimm12 and tuasbird mentioned..we do not know how EFFICIENT is the gas heater compared to the electrical heater..

scarly it take $0.20 for the gas heater to heat 10L of water..compared to $0.40 for the electrical storage heater to heat 20L of water...then its LPPL.

Bro, may I know the Brand & Model of your STORAGE HEATER as I am undecided either to get that or 2 separate Instant water heaters. Thanks !! By the way, how much did you pay for it?

Hello there. Electric vehicles have gained significant attention and popularity in recent years. But many owners are faced with the problem of installing a charging station at home since they are quite expensive. To remedy this, LADWP provides rebate programs for charging stations to its customers. To use this program, each client can call the ladwp phone number and their experienced employee will be happy to tell you how this can be done and help you arrange everything correctly.