Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mishu

My Hdb Renovation

Hey mishu,

Sorry to hear about your ID. Renovation works is already such a stressful process and to have to meet such ID who doesn't help the situation can be quite a nightmare.

How's the situation of your reno works now? Any improvements since then?

Edited by schiz0id

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

thanx so much........evryone for giving console us, they r doing work slowly, not receiving call, liying only 2 3 patch up remaining.

but he harrasing us a lot by keep dragging our work.....really feeling that i go and do something.

after i finish my 2-3 things i will start upload my pictures...it will take 1 week. :furious:

:furious:

Edited by mishu

Hope he doesn't delay your works further.

Did you check if his company is registered with Radac? They may be able to mediate for you if the company is registered with them.

If your contract has a handover date and he's not able to handover, I think you can seek some form of compensation.

Look through your contract. If there is a handover date clearly indicated in the contract, you can seek compensation.

If you have not pay up the full amount, withhold any outstanding balance.

However, I will advise you to terminate his service and look for other contractor to finish up the job. No point sticking to him and hoping he will change for the better. It is better to cut losses early than to having burn a bigger pocket at the end of the day.

hi mishu,

Guess i nearly fall into his trap too...

His ID firm kept on calling me a few times and 'yes" this quote much cheaper than other firms i shortlisted.

Vertex 100% is that place~ u know what, i was in the discussing at Ubi ave 2 that time negotiating the price and overshoot the time for meeting your ID..

Well we signed at Ubi ave 2 instead at Vertex building at the same day :)

Phew thanks for your advise now i would not recommend his ID firm to my colleagues

** His quote is really cheap~ (this i should emphasize~)

u r lucky that u din get trapped.

thanx everyone. he has given us so much stress i want allow him to go like that. thinking what can i do??? :bangwall:

hey guys i am having hdb permit latter that mentioned 1 month is that ok to complain hdb about my problem?

try mentioned your problem to hdb and town council, verbally talk to these government sectors are wasting your time. Emailed it to slightly higher rank (maybe you can get angelbutterfly help) relevant personal for advise.

I wondered why you can't complain to the contractor's boss/coy?

Worst case, call up Chinese newspaper's hotline open up your issues to nation....zzz

Hi Mishu.. Just saw ur thread.. Btw i stay quite near ur place commonwealth crescent.. But just moved out from my parents place.. Hopefully u can resolved ur reno problems.. Wish to see ur final thing done too..

Edited by JX83

Very sorry to hear your problem. How is the situation now?We are also using xD..., but the ID that is working for us is quite nice. His name is Jxxxy Txx. Can you pm me the name of your ID? I am going to tell my ID to talk to him. It's important that they pull up their socks else their company will be affected. I don't want to reveal his name here coz they are still doing my place half way. I will recommend him if I find the workmanship good.

sigh.. another problem like this... It can only be rectified when people learn to control the payment plan. Only pay what has been done or pay partly in advance abit only. When one controls the money, then the power balance is tipped in your favour.

I've only left 2 pieces of carpentry to finish fully (i.e. they are already being built halfway as of now) - tv feature wall and dining room storage seating cushion bench. Then just touch up on painting at those injured spots and I'll only be paying the 2nd last 15% today after going to see my place again. I'll pay the last 15% after ensuring all defects are rectified and handover by early next week.

Contractors/IDs will always want us to pay up as much as possible, we always want to pay as little upfront as possible. It's about negotiations that allows both parties to be satisfied with the payment plan and an acceptable timeline handover date. My contractor was willing to accomodate our payment plan as we were a recommendation from his preivous customer and we told him we are wary of the renovation industry due to all the horror stories. So he was relaxed about it.

Will set up a T-blog and share my contractor when all is completed..