Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Syukur

Fridge In Store Room

Hi all,

I would like to seek some advise. I am planning to put an approximately 200litres capacity fridge inside my store room/bomb shelter.

The question is, is there sufficient ventilation? Or it will be too stuffy & hot? I don want to either spoil the fridge, or to foot high utilities bill.

Kindly advise me. Is it ok? Or do I need to put those ventilation fan? Where exactly do I put it?

Thank u in advance friends, for your invaluable inputs.. Have a good day..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

its also a first for me.

all fridges need some ventilation for the compressor to cool down dude...

no way of putting a ventilation fan because you are not supposed to drill any holes on any of the bomb shelter doors...let alone ventilate it...

200L? so i guess you are putting your 2nd fridge inside?

or maybe a wine chiller?

Not good idea. The ventilation is not so much on cooling the compressor, but to allow thermal dissipation of the heated liquid refrigerant. in no time he enclosed storeroom will be warm n humid, due to condensation water evaporated in the air. Cooling efficiency will be low, compressor lifespan short.

Thanks all for the kind input.. Yeah archenemy, 2nd fridge for me.. Wifey doing some home base bakery.. So I guess somehow no solution for it? Guess have to just leave the door open?

So due to the humidity in the store room, my other storage in the store room will also be affected? Mind u, I also put baking ingredients in the store room.. No choice, kitchen cabinet almost full..

I have to stock up on thirsty hippo then..

Thanks all for the kind input.. Yeah archenemy, 2nd fridge for me.. Wifey doing some home base bakery.. So I guess somehow no solution for it? Guess have to just leave the door open?

So due to the humidity in the store room, my other storage in the store room will also be affected? Mind u, I also put baking ingredients in the store room.. No choice, kitchen cabinet almost full..

not economical to always use thirsty hippo lah bro...

not exactly very cheap also..

no other place to put your fridge? just outside the living room? in the service yard?

think what can be done is to mount one KDK ventilator inside the house shelter, and leave the blast-door ajar so heat/moisture can be removed better.

I have a 2nd fridge in my utility room but it's not a bomb shelter. The utility room opens out to the service yard and we never leave the door close so I supposed I don't have the ventilation problem.