Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
samsamwch

Is Wallpaper Suitable For Singapore Weather?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Disadvantages of wallpaper:

* Humidity can cause it to become unglued.

* It's easily soiled and damaged.

* Older paper nearly impossible to match color or pattern if damaged.

* Costly to replace.

The greatest disadvantage of wallpaper is that it has gone out of fashion. This means that any house decorated with wallpaper will lose value in the market.

personally i think it depends on your house also. if the area always exposed to harsh sunlight, then it will not last long. and of course the wallpaper should not be too near the humid places such as toilets etc.

wallpaper is coming back! well it is a fashion. i dun think valuation will take into account the wallpaper at all. maybe flooring like marble or granite will make such an impact.

personally i think it depends on your house also. if the area always exposed to harsh sunlight, then it will not last long. and of course the wallpaper should not be too near the humid places such as toilets etc.

wallpaper is coming back! well it is a fashion. i dun think valuation will take into account the wallpaper at all. maybe flooring like marble or granite will make such an impact.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts !

Agreed, conventional wallpaper may get outdated soon. That's why we see new products in the market, i.e: wall mural and self adhesive wallpaper.

Wall Mural: It's a picture for your entire wall. Looks great and there are lot of different themes for u to choose form. Really nice. Goodrich carries a few only, but too expensive and they can't customize to size. There are other players in the online market, i found Creative Wall Decal has the best collection and price, which is purchased according to your wall size.

Self adhesive wall paper: Conventional wall paper required glue and to replace it, you will need to lay over or complete removal. In Korea, they are using self adhesive wall paper, which is DIY friendly and you may remove it without damaging your original paint (or a little only). Thus, you can change/replace it anytime your want.

i personally like wall papering for walls as well, simply because the colour, texture and overall feel is what i'm after. however, that said, i learnt that wall paper has off gassing issues (mainly the vinyl type i believe but these are the mainstream currently in our market)and not to mention the type of adhesive may be toxic in nature as well...

Anyone can advise on this? Which company provides eco friendly wallpaper with no off gassing issue?

Understand these toxic vapors can affect young children health.

Seems like another self advertisement!

Anyway, I personally do not really like wallpaper. Because of the fact that it will peel. Having young kids around makes it worse! Plus u need to pay a bomb for installation.

End of the day, I opted for tiles that too achieve the wall paper effect for my living wall.. best part is that its cheaper compared to wallpaper, including installation..

I think Nippon paint has this new range of new paints that look like wallpaper leh. LOL

I personally like the gold and silver series! But I think looks better against spotlights on feature wall. :D

Wallpaper, if you rent/sell the property out afterwards, will the tenants complain? It should be sticky?? :o

bro nisey,

U will be shocked by the Nippon's momento price... for the same wall, I did it in tiles and it cost me half the price of the paint.

Use of wallpaper is timeless and classic. Depends on the pattern that you choose and how that matches your furniture, curtain selections. Singapore is slow to adopt the use of wallpapers but look at countries like Korea and Japan where they literally cannot live without wallpapers. In terms of humidity, during summer season, the mentioned countries are so much worse than here. The technologies of glue has also advanced the past few years and don't fred about the wallpapers being easily unglued. Installers are happy to fix for you if that really happens at very affordable prices or even free if they happen to pass by your area.

Wallpaper prices have also gone down a lot and if you are really keen to have it do contact Joseph @ 90215641, or visit www.artwall.com.sg, he is a wallpaper importer and sure to give you the best prices in the market.

My cousin introduce me Mg The Wall Gallery as their whole unit are done up by them. Her friend done and first and intro to my cousin. it turns out nice as they help her to design the wallpapers and roller blind done up by them too. I'm getting my keys soon and i guess i'll proceed to go ahead with MG as their workmanship and services are quite good. Their website www.mgthewallgallery.com.sg.