Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stardust205

~ Home Of The Pisceans ~

(..cont') Electrical Appliances

htsm.jpg

## Sony BDV-E380-PWP 5.1 HTS - (Best Denki) Probably my most prized electrical appliances we bought. :wub: Exceeded our budget but for the sound quality and many functions (Blue-ray, 3D-discs compatible, Ipod playback), I think it is worth it :yeah:

Bro, nice kitchen ! This Sony is good GOOD ! Initially wife n me also wanted to get this, but we bought another Sony sound bar instead...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thks for the compliment!

There was a $200 discount off usual price if one buys it as a bundle with another Sony (Smart-tv, I tink) TV. We already set our eyes on a Sharp TV.. but the salesperson says he's able to give us that discount nonetheless, so we decided to take it! :sport-smiley-004:

so what makes you wanna buy the Sony sound bar instead? more space-saving? :)

Bro, nice kitchen ! This Sony is good GOOD ! Initially wife n me also wanted to get this, but we bought another Sony sound bar instead...

Edited by stardust205

Contractor Report Card!

Our contractor handed over the keys to us after 4wks of work. Overall, I would say the reno progress is pretty smooth.

Here's the Report Card!

Contractor's responsiveness : 10/10

Contractor's willingness to give freebies/ FOC services : 8/10

Tiling : 7/10 (a few tiles abit higher than the rest. But again, I'm doing overlay and the old tiles might been slightly uneven in first place)

Plastering : 5/10 (saw lines on walls, ceilings which did not go away after painting..)

Piping : 10/10

Carpentry : 8/10 (joint lines not that visible, pretty good workmanship)

Solid surface table-top : 6/10 (there were 2 patches that are of lighter color tone..)

Laminate Flooring (Vista) : 6/10 (some of the lines between pranks are quite obvious)

Edited by stardust205

DIY works - Sundays on week 4~6

As my future-FIL is only available to help us out on Sundays, most of the major tasks (electrical, painting works) had to wait till then.

25420410150279551805861.jpg

## Wrapping up the aircons

img0715bd.jpg

## Preparing for painting - taping newspapers to the skirting before putting a plastic sheet over the floor.

25399810150279551475861.jpg

## Spent over an hour scrapping off the old, thick coat of paint from the tv-cable pipe.. so that it would look nicer after we re-paint it. :)

img0144f.jpg

## The original wooden door was damaged due to water. My dad gotten us a piece of laminated wood cut out to the exact size of the old door. It fits so well that we don't even need to nail it or install door hinges! :yeah:

img0185bp.jpg

## Feeling a sense of achievement scrapping & peeling off the old paint from the bath-tub. :D

Edited by stardust205

Contractor Report Card!

Our contractor handed over the keys to us after 4wks of work. Overall, I would say the reno progress is pretty smooth.

Here's the Report Card!

Contractor's responsiveness : 10/10

Contractor's willingness to give freebies/ FOC services : 8/10

Tiling : 7/10

Plastering : 5/10

Piping : 10/10

Carpentry : 8/10

Solid surface table-top : 6/10

Laminate Flooring (Vista) : 6/10

Looks pretty good. Too bad Im not doing any piping.. will look for Mr Lee on Carpentry though :D

The piping looks neat to me. So far no leakage yet.

Nothing I can find fault with :P

Looks pretty good. Too bad Im not doing any piping.. will look for Mr Lee on Carpentry though :D

Chandelier woes..

Around 3 wks before the scheduled delivery of our chandelier, Chan Huat staff informed me that the chandelier which we chose.. won't be available as there was some quality issue and the whole batch of lamps are rejected by Factory. :jawdrop: Asked us to come down and choose another model.. :(

This is so disappointing and furstrating!! :furious:

Despite Chan Huat is a fairly large store, we couldn't find any other models which we like and yet within our budget.

(yes.. we're very picky when it comes to choosing the chandelier design..) And so we requested for a full refund.

And of course, we all know shops are like that. They are quick in chasing for payment but when something goes wrong.. its very hard to make them cough back the money. The salesperson, though sounded apologetic everytime I called her to chase for my refund, always gave some reasons/excuses to drag the problem - either boss uncontactable or went abroad for business trip..

This dragged on for nearly 2wks before the salesperson finally got back to me that her boss managed to find ONE working lamp in China Factory and shipped it back for us. Wow.. The ONE and ONLY working lamp. It really worries us on its reliability since they earlier claimed the whole batch of lamps are rejected.. :wacko:

We decided to take our chance. Partly I'm also tired of 'pestering' them and just want to close and move on. Hah.

Chandelier woes..

Around 3 wks before the scheduled delivery of our chandelier, Chan Huat staff informed me that the chandelier which we chose.. won't be available as there was some quality issue and the whole batch of lamps are rejected by Factory. :jawdrop: Asked us to come down and choose another model.. :(

Despite Chan Huat is a fairly large store, we couldn't find any other models which we like and yet within our budget.

(yes.. we're very picky when it comes to choosing the chandelier design..) And so we requested for a full refund.

And of course, we all know shops are like that. They are quick in chasing for payment but when something goes wrong.. its very hard to make them cough back the money. The salesperson, though sounded apologetic everytime I called her to chase for my refund, always gave some reasons/excuses to drag the problem - either boss uncontactable or went abroad for business trip..

This dragged on for nearly 2wks before the salesperson finally got back to me that her boss managed to find ONE working lamp in China Factory and shipped it back for us. Wow.. The ONE and ONLY working lamp. It really worries us on its reliability since they earlier claimed the whole batch of lamps are rejected.. :wacko:

We decided to take our chance. Partly I'm also tired of 'pestering' them and just want to close and move on. Hah.

Sorry to hear that Stardust! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that the precious one will come to you in perfect condition thumbsup.gif

Chandelier woes..

but think of it

one and only its really exclusive

perhaps it is also the one and only in the whole world! sport-smiley-004.gif

Thks for the compliment!

There was a $200 discount off usual price if one buys it as a bundle with another Sony (Smart-tv, I tink) TV. We already set our eyes on a Sharp TV.. but the salesperson says he's able to give us that discount nonetheless, so we decided to take it! :sport-smiley-004:

so what makes you wanna buy the Sony sound bar instead? more space-saving? :)

Yes, rite $200 off :D I also got the $200 off for my soundbar...

The reason I did not get the system was because there are too many wires for me to conceal, as I did not have a customise TV feature wall, alot of wires will be expose, so we opted for the soundbar, only 1 wire and can save cost :o:D

@ Bluesummerayz & west : Thanks! :D

@ Kobelala : Heh, I also don't have TV feature-wall. Now having heachache how to hide so many wires.. LOL

Edited by stardust205

@ Kobelala : Heh, I also don't have TV feature-wall. Now having heachache how to hide so many wires.. LOL

Bro, fast hand fast leg finalise where you want your system to be and get your electrician to add outlets there to minimise the wires flying around :) but that's really a cool system to have :good:

Electrical point at that wall already done.. too late :(

But the socket was located juz abt 30cm above the floor. Most probably we going to run an extension cord from that point to our tv-console, and then hide all the plugs behind the console. Lastly place another small piece of furniture to block the wire of that extension cord. ;)

Bro, fast hand fast leg finalise where you want your system to be and get your electrician to add outlets there to minimise the wires flying around :) but that's really a cool system to have :good:

Eh.. Don't quite understand on adding more outlets to minimise wires.. you mean more electrical points?