Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stardust205

~ Home Of The Pisceans ~

Electrical point at that wall already done.. too late :(

But the socket was located juz abt 30cm above the floor. Most probably we going to run an extension cord from that point to our tv-console, and then hide all the plugs behind the console. Lastly place another small piece of furniture to block the wire of that extension cord. ;)

Bro, how are you going to hide the extension cord then?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hmm.. the electrical pt and part of the wire of extension cord will be visible, while rest of it to be concealed by placing a furniture in-btw the electrical wall socket and TV-console

Bro, how are you going to hide the extension cord then?

Electrical Works (DIY)

My future FIL is helping us on the electrical portion.

we're not going to do rewiring for the whole house though; juz relocation/addition of electrical points with existing wires. And change all the light switches and sockets of course.

But even so, it turned out we encountered alot of constraint along the way.. :(

mallia.jpg

## Legrand Malia series :wub: - We chose white and got it from Choo Chiang at wholesale prices.

Finally fulfilled my long-awaited wish of using big-gang switches! :yeah:

img0142on.jpg

img0163zc.jpg## We have a total of x3 dimmer switches - living hall, dining & MBR. Initially wanted the dimmer in hall for the L-Box lights, but it is so difficult to find dimmable bulbs that are compatible with existing lamp holders.. :bangwall: Only way is to change all the lamp-holders which translates to additional costs..

In the end, I gave up and had the dimmer linked to another ceiling light (that uses halogen bulbs) instead.

img0149or.jpg## While installing the switches, we ran short of a single-gang light switch and hastily bought one at nearby hardware shop. But we couldn't find Legrand brand and got MK instead. It looks so different from the rest! :wacko:

img0143mo.jpg

## For the kitchen light socket however, we cannot change to the new switches as the wires inside the box are too many.. and not sufficient space for the Legrand switches to be installed onto it. We just have to settle for the old switches... Super Sad!! :(

Edited by stardust205

Hmm.. the electrical pt and part of the wire of extension cord will be visible, while rest of it to be concealed by placing a furniture in-btw the electrical wall socket and TV-console

okie got it! :good:

(... con't) Electrical Works (DIY)

img0186oo.jpg

## FIL replaced the old (spoilt) storage water heater with an instant heater :bath:

He also done up the water inlet pipe for us and changed the taps. :thumbs up:

img0145k.jpg## I kinda like our toilets & storeroom lights - Big & Round.. WTB thinks otherwise though. :lol:

img0247sj.jpg## Ceiling fan is up!

img0242kyf.jpg## Our "Movie Lights" - uses halogen lamps and are dimmable.

Good for movies sessions, or creating 'nice, romantic atmosphere' :yeah:

Edited by stardust205

Painting

After 3 Sundays of work, we finally completed :paint: all the walls and ceilings! :dancingqueen:

img0216lm.jpg

img0218sj.jpg## MBR

img0397dx.jpg## Guest-room

img0393j.jpg## Study-room

Frankly, we didn't expect the 'Lily White' paint to turn out so yellowish.. :o

And I was pretty upset by this for a few days.. :(

But wad to do.. I don't think it is right to repaint the walls. It will be a waste of the paint which we already bought.. and also everyone's efforts..

I guess it is just a matter of getting used to it. :P

Edited by stardust205

Painting

After 3 Sundays of work, we finally completed :paint: all the walls and ceilings! :dancingqueen:

img0216lm.jpg

img0218sj.jpg

The guest-room also has a slab of wall painted in blue, while the study-room has a slab of wall in light green.

Frankly, we didn't expect the 'Lily White' paint to turn out so yellowish.. :o

And I was pretty upset by this for a few days.. :(

But wad to do.. I don't think it is right to repaint the walls. It will be a waste of the paint which we already bought.. and also everyone's efforts..

I guess it is just a matter of getting used to it. :P

Don't be so upset.. The Lily white doesn't look that bad... It looks really fine from the pics.. lightings play a part as well.. besides, it shld be easier to maintain than pure white =)

Edited by zone23

img0242kyf.jpg## Our "Movie Lights" - uses halogen lamps and are dimmable.

Good for movies sessions, or creating 'nice, romantic atmosphere' :yeah:

I like this! :dribble: and its at your "dance floor" area right? Nice romantic dance after dinner.. Phewweee :thumbs up:

yea.. it's above our "dance floor" area ;)

It doesn't spin like a shiny disco ball though :D

I like this! :dribble: and its at your "dance floor" area right? Nice romantic dance after dinner.. Phewweee :thumbs up:

Electrical point at that wall already done.. too late :(

But the socket was located juz abt 30cm above the floor. Most probably we going to run an extension cord from that point to our tv-console, and then hide all the plugs behind the console. Lastly place another small piece of furniture to block the wire of that extension cord. ;)

Eh.. Don't quite understand on adding more outlets to minimise wires.. you mean more electrical points?

okie got it! :good:

Bro Zone23, you got what I mean hor ?? :D

Hi, how much you gotten the Crestar Airvac 54 fan? :yamseng:

Electrical Appliances

closeupview.jpg

## Crestar Airvac 54" Fan - It actually exceeded our budget for a ceiling fan but after checking out numerous models, this one gives the strongest airflow. :)

Brought it at ChanHuat (Balestier) together with our chandelier.

hibxf.jpg

## Rhoyxon RZ-9313M - We decided not to take our chances with a glass hob after hearing horror stories about the glass cracking under heat.. :o

Another selling point of this brand is that it is claimed that Italian hobs follow a std size for the cut-out. That is important to us as we don't need to worry about modifying our table-top to fit a new hob, should our existing one gets spoilt one day :good:

washera.jpg

## 7.5kg, Samsung WA95V3 - (Courts) WTB got it at a very gd price during their 'First 10 pieces Special price' promotion. ;)

fridgez.jpg

## Hitachi RZ451EMS, 358 litre - (Gaincity) It fits our criteria: "4-ticks" for energy-saving. Think the size is right for us since we unlikely to cook often. :P

52999596.gif

## Sharp Aquos 40" LCD TV, LC40L500M - (Best Denki) Decided to just settle for a Full-HD LCD TV instead of getting LED which is more exp. It matters more to us that the screen size must be at least 40" :D

Heya,

I got it @ Chan Huat for $255 (no installation).

But we didn't compare price with other shops for the same model, so...

Hi, how much you gotten the Crestar Airvac 54 fan? :yamseng: