Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
broop24

What To Expect During The First Mtg With The Id?

Hi all, my family recently purchased a unit at Tampines and we're in the midst of sourcing for IDs. We'll be going down to a few IDs this coming weekend.

This is my first time doing renovation, so I really don't quite know what to expect during the first meeting with the IDs.

What I understand (from reading through the posts in this forum, you guys are awesome) is that we have to bring our floorplan to show them, and they will be asking us what kind of works we're looking at.

Right, so what I would like to ask is, should I be expecting any form of designing from them on the first meeting? Also, will they at least be providing me with an estimated quote for the works we're considering?

Thanks a lot for your help! :yamseng:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Also expect they don't get back to you (especially those well known ones if you are on a tight budget) so its best you try to look for few more ID. It's always good to see many as some of them will give you info/advice you might have overlooked. :yamseng:

hi, appreciate some experts here to share share abit as after see so many ID and contractors , i am still very "LOST" ///

i meet 1 ID basically never suggesting anything to me ... only i do the talking ... and when i show my anger, he said that is his style ... he will only talk during the next meeting ... WTF ...

hi, appreciate some experts here to share share abit as after see so many ID and contractors , i am still very "LOST" ///

i meet 1 ID basically never suggesting anything to me ... only i do the talking ... and when i show my anger, he said that is his style ... he will only talk during the next meeting ... WTF ...

Just drop him then furious.gif

Just to share with you what I did before meeting the ID for the first time.

I would email those whose designs I like from reno magazines, etc. Those who are interested in my business will call quite soon after receiving the email.

Those who don't call, I don't bother. When I talk on the phone with them, I will ask them to see if they are ok to send me a general quote based on a copy of

my floor plan. If I like the quote, then I will go and meet with them, if not, waste time.

At least I have some grounds of comparisons before meeting them… :yamseng: