Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
incubator

Pay >$100K Cov Or Rent & Wait Out?

my personal opinion, COV is unlikely to come down much within a year (unless Mr. Khaw does something drastic),

it did dip abit around Dec to Jan period (iirc), where I managed to help a buyer buy a place for 12k COV, after that COV went up again within weeks.

Although there is a lot of talk about the govt releasing more land & BTOs, it is not going to solve the current supply & demand imbalance.

Best,

Mark

hahaha...agent looking for business

are you trying to imply that you are the very smart one who see the cov rising again in that few weeks time frame?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I do not think I am very smart, but it is indeed the situation we're in.

"Prices of HDB resale flats in the third quarter jumped 3.8 per cent from a quarter ago.

The squeeze on supply drove the steepest quarterly increase since the third quarter of 2010, which saw a rise of four per cent."

3 Oct 2011

source: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1157017/1/.html

hahaha...agent looking for business

are you trying to imply that you are the very smart one who see the cov rising again in that few weeks time frame?

I do not think I am very smart, but it is indeed the situation we're in.

"Prices of HDB resale flats in the third quarter jumped 3.8 per cent from a quarter ago.

The squeeze on supply drove the steepest quarterly increase since the third quarter of 2010, which saw a rise of four per cent."

3 Oct 2011

source: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1157017/1/.html

These ones more tokong:

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/9237/propertynavigatingchopp.jpg

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/9237/propertynavigatingchopp.jpg

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/9237/propertynavigatingchopp.jpg

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9237/propertynavigatingchopp.jpg

Edited by bepgof

each time media inform hdb price index up..cov prices in famous property website increases also...how to expect cov to go down..some are commanding ridiculuos cov for bigger unit even up to 150k.

Edited by salavanun

Indeed, it is quite ridiculous now...even 5I in Yishun asking $100k.

each time media inform hdb price index up..cov prices in famous property website increases also...how to expect cov to go down..some are commanding ridiculuos cov for bigger unit even up to 150k.

Why do you want it to go down? You are buying?

Cheers!

Luckily i bought mine but i think is unhealthy if it is keep going up like rocket :jawdrop: I rather it maintain or even down abit. :sport-smiley-004: So everyone can afford a roof. quite a number are realy being priced out. :yamseng:

Unfortunately, the prices of public housing were allowed to increase at an alarming pace since 2007.

Measures to control the prices only started to surface nearer to the election, which is already too late.

I believe plans for population increase to 5.5million were already in the works in the early 2000s (now it is aiming 6million?), perhaps the building of the 25,000 BTOs could have started in the mid 2000s?

But having said that it is hard being in Mr. Khaw's shoes, they cannot allow the prices to drop too much, neither can they let it increase at the current pace (especially after this year's election result).

I believe they will try to control the prices at the current level as much as they can, because if they don't...Executive flat owners in Queenstown will all become millionaires in a few years time.

(Average prices of Queenstown Executive flats in 2011 = $830,000)

This couple years will be tough though as housing Demand & Supply problems don't get solved "overnight".

Best,

Mark

Luckily i bought mine but i think is unhealthy if it is keep going up like rocket :jawdrop: I rather it maintain or even down abit. :sport-smiley-004: So everyone can afford a roof. quite a number are realy being priced out. :yamseng:

Don despair. When Euro bust, the housing problem can be solved 'overnite'. Not only developers, but many investors and other sellers will be on the supply side. No. of suppliers increase + buyers all hold back = problem solved overnite.

Don despair. When Euro bust, the housing problem can be solved 'overnite'. Not only developers, but many investors and other sellers will be on the supply side. No. of suppliers increase + buyers all hold back = problem solved overnite.

What a clever gril.

Euro bust, when huh? Greece being announced broke?

The Green on the rise, why huh?

MAS will be releasing its monetary policy statement on 14 Oct at 8am Singapore time, watch out. Current estimation of the SGD NEER slope is at 3.5%, and it could be moved back to 2.0%.

SGD shrinks, cannot go holidays liao. :~

Nar, told u already, Germany Chancellor Angela Merkel and France President Nicolas Sarkozy joined hand and "will propose important changes" to the way eurozone work.....

Don't expect Italy PM Silvio Berlusconi to talk about Euro....why? His mind/soul/limbs occupied with women....

Nar, told u already, Germany Chancellor Angela Merkel and France President Nicolas Sarkozy joined hand and "will propose important changes" to the way eurozone work.....

Don't expect Italy PM Silvio Berlusconi to talk about Euro....why? His mind/soul/limbs occupied with women....

Extremly hilarious...

Totally agree..