Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
salvatooo

Need Advise On My Ceiling And Lighting Plan

Need advise on this:

1. Does the number of lights bright up every area sufficiently, especially the living area without any lights in the middle?

2. Is the switch plan to control the lights feasible for the living area? Or more switches better?

Thanks!

04-204520257-CelingLightingPlan.jpg

Edited by salvatooo

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Need advise on this:

1. Does the number of lights bright up every area sufficiently, especially the living area without any lights in the middle?

2. Is the switch plan to control the lights feasible for the living area? Or more switches better?

Thanks!

I think your lightings are more than sufficient. No need worry about any dark corners.

Your positioning of the downlights is similar to mine except mine is 3 by 3 on the side, less the 2 downlights by the balcony. It is already very bright.

for such case, it is recommended to add a ceiling light in the middle of the living room for more illumination as well as enhancement of lighting aethetic.

You may wan to add cove lighting to your living area if your afraid that it might be very dark. Overall its very okay cause the PLC nowadays comes with 2 tubes..

Alternatively, you can add track lights in your living room facing the center of the living room.

or

Position halogen light on the wall for rebound

Anyway the color of your wall do affect the brightness as well. It is is white base, i think that it will be bright enough.

Need advise on this:

Thanks!

Lighting in LR definitely enough. I have got 3 on the balcony side and 2 on each of the other sides with 4 hologen lamps on the 4 corners. Each bulb is 10w PL. Usually I on 5 lights and it's bright enough. Seldom I need to on the other 4 and the hologen lights with dimmer is rarely used.