Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bepgof

Hdb Lauches Another 3,600 Flats

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

thumbsup.gif

but quite a few studios. i wonder why? high demand for elderly who downgrade?

Given a choice, I believe many elderly people will not want to go through the hassle of moving house from a bigger one to a small one.

Govt always increases the minimum sum required for CPF every year and builds more studios. It is like 'confiscating' more and more of the elderly people's retirement fund, and makes them downgrade to a studio to get money for retirement and pay for medical bills.

Given a choice, I believe many elderly people will not want to go through the hassle of moving house from a bigger one to a small one.

Govt always increases the minimum sum required for CPF every year and builds more studios. It is like 'confiscating' more and more of the elderly people's retirement fund, and makes them downgrade to a studio to get money for retirement and pay for medical bills.

some elder don't like to move due to "use to it"

They use to "their neighbor"

they use to "where to lim copi"

they use to "where to do marketing"

If I'm at their age, I also don't want to move.

B'coz of laziness.

Eat full nothing to do ahh..

move simi move..

:sport-smiley-018:

:thumbs up:

but quite a few studios. i wonder why? high demand for elderly who downgrade?

Studio apartments are the most expensive of all the flat types. They are squeezing the most out of the elderly by making SA "affordable". Go calculate the cost psf per year. That's more expensive than a 5 rm flat.

hmm.. HDB web down

Network Error (dns_server_failure)

Your request could not be processed because an error occurred contacting the DNS server. The DNS server may be temporarily unavailable, or there could be a network problem.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

Tio hack?????

some elder don't like to move due to "use to it"

They use to "their neighbor"

they use to "where to lim copi"

they use to "where to do marketing"

If I'm at their age, I also don't want to move.

B'coz of laziness.

Eat full nothing to do ahh..

move simi move..

:sport-smiley-018:

You also observe this yuh? This indicates you are no longer young.

Organisation Behaviour study suggests that when one gets older, more "resistance to change" will develop. That's what ppls say " cannot teach old dogs new tricks".

But management so far seems does not suggest either stomach too full or too empty will bring abt "change".

Only those too full like to come out with "funny ideas" to make them looked busy, those too empty stomach sincerely & eagerly like to change to better? like street protest?

So many SA or "shoeboxes" suddenly, don't know out of ideas of too full or too empty?

Edited by bepgof

wah pian..

don't remind me about my age...8|

:bleah:

I'm already quite down this mth..

After realize this mth, I will be 20th yrs of my working life.

sian ahhh... zz

Studio apartments are the most expensive of all the flat types. They are squeezing the most out of the elderly by making SA "affordable". Go calculate the cost psf per year. That's more expensive than a 5 rm flat.

hmm not really, i don't agree look only at psf.

u have to look at whether u need the space or not, for e.g., only 2 people staying in the house, no need to buy 5room. Though on a psf basis, price is higher for studio, the absolute price for 5rm is very much higher.

Hence, for old people who cannot take on too much loan (on absolute amount), they have to settle for a smaller space.

Im just curious as to why there is an increase in BTO for studio especially in matured estates. There should be a demand out there, and if so, are those people actually downgrading to cash in on their current houses?

Personally, the old people i know (my parents and in-laws)are unlikely to shift as they are really used to the environment and people.

When i am old, i might consider getting studio. As it is now, the housework to do in a 3 room flat is tiring enough..

wah pian..

don't remind me about my age...8|

:bleah:

I'm already quite down this mth..

After realize this mth, I will be 20th yrs of my working life.

sian ahhh... zz

i got gg 12 yrs luckily haha ..

u have to look at whether u need the space or not, for e.g., only 2 people staying in the house, no need to buy 5room. Though on a psf basis, price is higher for studio, the absolute price for 5rm is very much higher.

Hence, for old people who cannot take on too much loan (on absolute amount), they have to settle for a smaller space.

Im just curious as to why there is an increase in BTO for studio especially in matured estates. There should be a demand out there, and if so, are those people actually downgrading to cash in on their current houses?

Personally, the old people i know (my parents and in-laws)are unlikely to shift as they are really used to the environment and people.

When i am old, i might consider getting studio. As it is now, the housework to do in a 3 room flat is tiring enough..

Big "build in" areas have small $psf values.

Small "build in" areas have high $psf value.

Their correlationship is a like a left-hand-side portion of a hyperbolic cosine curve.

Y-axis being "build in".

X-axis being "$psf".

It is not a tangent +45 degree curve.

Chiam hor?

Tokong.

When ppl reach "sun set" stage when about to lose its shine, many "morning sun" and " noon sun" stages ppls will come and "corner them to a corner".

History repeats itself without fail. Sad story.

Edited by bepgof

I am not saying 2 old folks need to buy 5 rooms, but doesn't mean they have to ignore other factors. What I am trying to highlight is that SA is very very expensive and HDB is squeezing the most out of old folks by making them think that SA is "affordable and good value for money" and "perfect answer to your need" - words used by HDB.

Let's look at the pricing of Golden Lily at Tampines based on the lowest prices -

SA $76,000 (37sm) or $2,054 psm or cost per year psm $64.47.

SA $96,000 (47sm) or $2,021 psm or cost per year psm $67.38.

2rm $120,000 (47sm) or $2,553 psm or cost per yr psm $25.79.

3rm $194,000 (68sm) or $2,853 psm or cost per yr psm $28.82.

4rm $294,000 (93sq) or $3,162 psm or cost per yr psm $31.93.

5rm $362,000 (113sm) or $3,204 psm or cost per yr psm $32.36.

But the SA is only for 30 years and cannot be sold in the market. It need to be returned to the lessor based cost less unexpired lease.

To sell SA at those prices is crazy just because the buyer cannot afford a proper 2rm. The difference between SA and 2rm (highlighted in red) for same size is world apart. The 2rm is slightly more by $24k but got full 99 years and can grow in value or sell in the market compared to SA that has no value.

Value for money is 2rm.

Edited by dumb