Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Cornball

Documenting Our Journey Of Our Loveshack

Dear renovation aficionados, ive been silent for more than a month because we have been busy at work and squeezing in time in the days we are both in town to decide on some things.

So far, we have:

1. Decided on a contractor

2. Bought our sofa from Casa Italy

3. Decided on the tiles for the entire house

4. Decided on kitchen sink

5. Decided on the feature walls

6. Decided on the toilet bowl

7. Bought our marble dining table

8. Bought our speakers from KEF

9. Decided on the amp

10. Decided on the location of the electrical points

11. Decided on the air-conditioning system

We just started on the hacking last week and here are some pics:

Living Room - Before

IMG-20110718-00270.jpg

Living room - After

P1000601.jpg

Dining Room - Before

IMG-20110718-00271.jpg

Dining Room - After

P1000603.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I am not sure if it's the lighting in your photos. Your unit looks a bit dark from the inside. If I were you, I would stick with white or very light colours for the walls/flooring in order to make everything look bigger and brighter. Especially the kitchen. You can use your "favourite" colours for the accents eg furniture.

The common bathroom is small. Should keep the decor simple and light colour too. Or else it will look very "cluttered" if you have too much detailing.

Actually, I quite like your living room before you reno. It looks quite good condition and stylish. Not sure why you do it though...you must have your reasons.

Good luck for the reno!

Actually, I quite like your living room before you reno. It looks quite good condition and stylish. Not sure why you do it though...you must have your reasons.

Good luck for the reno!

I didnt like the fact that it divided up the living room, plus the blue, white and pink colors on the left was so gaudy i might puke if i stared long enough.

Edited by Cornball

I didnt like the fact that it divided up the living room, plus the blue, white and pink colors on the left was so gaudy i might puke if i stared long enough.

made me laugh the puke comment! but I agree, reminds me of bad 1980's attempt at style!

made me laugh the puke comment! but I agree, reminds me of bad 1980's attempt at style!

Well, the way fashion/trends goes, i wont be surprised if a new buyer buys it 10 years from now, another patsy_sg would say it's 2011's attempt at style. So I'll just do something that i like, and more importantly can afford.

Hey no offense, was agreeing with you!

Definitely do what you like rather than what's on trend!

Good luck with your reno!

I know you were. im just saying aloud my thoughts about what direction i should take with the renovation.