Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kalimantan

How To Make Shirt Or Clothes Smell Better Or Refreshing ?

ok i use washing machine , then follow by dryer to spin dry the clothes.

Then follow by ironing.

I would like to know how to make shirts or clothes smell refreshing.

At which stage of the process above, should i be adding special smells or chemicals (maybe not the right word) so that shirts smell nice ?

I think using sunlight to dry clothes will always smell nice, but i cannot predict nature.

Is smell determine by washing powder or liquid detergent ? Or do i need to add some chemicals during the drying process in dryer ?

Or during ironing, i should spray some stuffs and iron it ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

ok i use washing machine , then follow by dryer to spin dry the clothes.

Then follow by ironing.

I would like to know how to make shirts or clothes smell refreshing.

At which stage of the process above, should i be adding special smells or chemicals (maybe not the right word) so that shirts smell nice ?

I think using sunlight to dry clothes will always smell nice, but i cannot predict nature.

Is smell determine by washing powder or liquid detergent ? Or do i need to add some chemicals during the drying process in dryer ?

Or during ironing, i should spray some stuffs and iron it ?

i use dryer sheets when i put the clothes into the dryer - clothes come out smelling nice.

if you want to add scent during the ironing process, you can use linen water

My wife adds essence laundry detergent into the washing machine for washing, the clothes smell alot nicer but i think they cost quite abit as compared to normal detergent.

I don't use dryer cos I find that the clothes always smell funny afterward even if I use the dryer sheet. :)

I can't hang my clothes in the sun but I find that I solved the problem of the stale smell by using Downy brand fabric softener. I like the blue bottle which is also anti-bacterial. :)

thank for feedback

Each process has a nice-to-add scent.

Dryer-sheet - any brands ?

ironing - linen water - what is that ?

essence laundry detergent - brands ?

Of course i am not going to put everything in one-go. But to test at each stage what is the best for my family.

thank for feedback

Each process has a nice-to-add scent.

Dryer-sheet - any brands ?

ironing - linen water - what is that ?

essence laundry detergent - brands ?

Of course i am not going to put everything in one-go. But to test at each stage what is the best for my family.

dryer sheets - i'm currently using Purex and Bounce, both are nice - some brands offer various different scents, which i can usually sniff at through the box before deciding which to take.

linen water - it's like the water you spray on clothes before you put the iron to fabric, just that linen water is scented.

essence laundry detergent - essence is the brand; i believe this is referring to a fabric softener.

Edited by random_username

dryer sheets - i'm currently using Purex and Bounce, both are nice - some brands offer various different scents, which i can usually sniff at through the box before deciding which to take.

linen water - it's like the water you spray on clothes before you put the iron to fabric, just that linen water is scented.

essence laundry detergent - essence is the brand; i believe this is referring to a fabric softener.

are there linen water sold in supermarkets ? Or DIY ?

Just use 'Softlan' will do. Cheap and good. Make your clothes smell good and softer. You can get it from any supermarkets.

Add it before the laundry just like adding the detergent.