Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
elaine81

Tenant Is Rediculous

we rented out 1 of our common room to a Malaysian guy who wk in Airport Cisco as a sc anning officer 1 mth ago . This guy he pay for the 1st mth rental fee & deposit. But till the 2nd mth , which he is suppose to pay on the 13th , but he din , when i asked him abt it , he threw his temper at me and said " cannot wait ah ??" Then this still nevermind , when my hb come bk , he asked the guy . The guy told my hb next day he will pay , but again he say next day . So next day my hubby saw him and asked him again , the guy told him , he will move out the next day , my hubby being a kind hearted guy b , gv him another chance , so the next day when i come bk from my mum hse , his belonging still ard , but he was no where to be seen. He came bk late in the nite at 2 am ++ , my hubby asked him why he lied , he told my hubby he could not find a place to live , so he would like to use his deposit as offset for the rental fee , and live till 13th Aug . I am currently 8 mths coming to 9 mths pregnant . I am frigtened everyday that the guy will not keep his promise , i dare not quarrel with this guy , neither will i dare to call the police if he really doesn't leave . Cos i am afraid he might harm my kids , i hv another 2 gals aged 9 & 11 . I intend draft out a letter to tell him to sign to proof that the deposit had been offset and he need to leave by 13th Aug , but wat's the point , previously i drafted out a term & condition list , and he never follow any of the rule . i am really frustrated and doesn't noe what to do , could someone pls advise me ?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

we rented out 1 of our common room to a Malaysian guy who wk in Airport Cisco as a sc anning officer 1 mth ago . This guy he pay for the 1st mth rental fee & deposit. But till the 2nd mth , which he is suppose to pay on the 13th , but he din , when i asked him abt it , he threw his temper at me and said " cannot wait ah ??" Then this still nevermind , when my hb come bk , he asked the guy . The guy told my hb next day he will pay , but again he say next day . So next day my hubby saw him and asked him again , the guy told him , he will move out the next day , my hubby being a kind hearted guy b , gv him another chance , so the next day when i come bk from my mum hse , his belonging still ard , but he was no where to be seen. He came bk late in the nite at 2 am ++ , my hubby asked him why he lied , he told my hubby he could not find a place to live , so he would like to use his deposit as offset for the rental fee , and live till 13th Aug . I am currently 8 mths coming to 9 mths pregnant . I am frigtened everyday that the guy will not keep his promise , i dare not quarrel with this guy , neither will i dare to call the police if he really doesn't leave . Cos i am afraid he might harm my kids , i hv another 2 gals aged 9 & 11 . I intend draft out a letter to tell him to sign to proof that the deposit had been offset and he need to leave by 13th Aug , but wat's the point , previously i drafted out a term & condition list , and he never follow any of the rule . i am really frustrated and doesn't noe what to do , could someone pls advise me ?

Sorry to hear this.

Since you're pregnant, I suggest you leave it to your husband to talk to the tenant nicely but firmly.

For your next tenant, spend more time to screen them, sit them down and have a talk.....only rent to them if you feel comfortable.

(Some tenants will "act nice" on initial meeting, it is hard to judge if you do not interact with them enough)

Best,

Mark

Unless he pays the rent, be firm and tell him to pack up in 3 days and you will refund him his balance deposit. Even if he pays the rent, tell him to get lost by 13 Aug as there is no point retaining such tenant. Deposit is not meant for offsetting rent.

I wont talk to him anymore in case he become very angry and u are alone at home.

Do it in front of your hubby..

If u have a Tenancy Agreement signed that did mention payment of monthly rental is on the 13th.

And should your tenant fail to do it.

Just ask the police to be present and ask your tenant to leave.