Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shawncck

Pd Door Review

here you go

IMG_1839.jpg

it is the one in the middle, previously the ugly wooden door from hdb, i did it to match the other doors in my house

Oh u slide outside .. then i got a problem i gt a feature wall on that side whahahhaa .. so cant slide unless i slide far out then i need to change the wall of the toilet haha .. chamz ..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks for the pic... Where is door king??? Is the door durable?? And there is no bottom thread rite??

i also want know how come u choose door king instead?

Thanks

Indeed, the door hangs from the top rail. It moves pretty smoothly and silently.. Durable is the question. But to be honest, the plastic slide/swing mechanism is very likely to be less durable then the wooden door. Of course, wood may rot after 10-20 years but in my case the shower I am not showering next to door and have a glass shower screen so I think the durability will be much better then the PD door design. A little bit of maintenance/varnishing from time to time and it would last a lifetime ;)

http://doorking.com.sg

Thanks for the info. Can you still remember how much does it does?

I went to besglas last sunday... They also have top hung bi-fold door.... plastic cost $378 and glass cost 500 plus...

It is far over my budget.... Hope ur doorking is cheaper...

Thanks for the info. Can you still remember how much does it does?

I went to besglas last sunday... They also have top hung bi-fold door.... plastic cost $378 and glass cost 500 plus...

It is far over my budget.... Hope ur doorking is cheaper...

Sorry, but the doors were around $800 each. They are solid wood doors with frosted glass..

But they are the eye catchers in our house and get the most comments from people coming to visit. Everybody loves them. There are many choices to make and not all have been good, but changing the doors from PD door to the sliding bi-fold is one of the best ones.

Sorry, but the doors were around $800 each. They are solid wood doors with frosted glass..

But they are the eye catchers in our house and get the most comments from people coming to visit. Everybody loves them. There are many choices to make and not all have been good, but changing the doors from PD door to the sliding bi-fold is one of the best ones.

Wow 800 plus... super expensive... u can post a pic to let me see how it look?

Wow 800 plus... super expensive... u can post a pic to let me see how it look?

Like the picture on the first page...

When a shop starts to have good reputation or having good sales. Person in charge or bosses start to be boostful and start to let their salesman to give different pricing to different customers and charge even more expensive to the interior designers or other vendors whom are doing renovation. And this goes to the material and the product grade too. Automatically both grade will go down and customers will complain.

Then sales personal or person in charge will be boostful and start to say if you want purchase a new door from us at a "discount rate" (which appear to me more expensive) or change the entire new door (meaning no longer using PD door). Due to many of us consumers will feel that change the entire new door will be very hassle. So consumers had no choice but to buy from them. This is some of the bad side of sales tactic.

So likewise if no one purchase from them in a months time or so. Then they will be good and learn a lesson. This trend keep going round and round.

I got mine 2 weeks ago. Installation done on time.

I got it from Eunos :yamseng:

But the price faking high le...is it standard?????? I pay for $549...

Hope it will last as i get the good one :sport-smiley-003:

Edited by Bernard9922

I got mine 2 weeks ago. Installation done on time.

I got it from Eunos :yamseng:

But the price faking high le...is it standard?????? I pay for $549...

Hope it will last as i get the good one :sport-smiley-003:

I paid ard that price for besglas.

I just want to add my complete disregard for the way people at PD door understand to liaise with clients and the substandard brazen mentality of the 'director' Valerie Lim.

I would encourage every customer out there to thoroughly avoid this service provider as they totally lack elementary customer service skills.

I'll be more than happy to share my latest experience with whoever is interested.

• Like 1

Hi,

personally i would use bi-fold door instead of pd door. i have a uncle who get stuck inside the toilet, unable to open the pd door from within.

Bigmouse, on 14 May 2014 - 2:05 PM, said:snapback.png

hi guys,

now theres a new bi-fold door without bottom tracks too. another option for pd door. yet more durable.

check this out>>> http://www.windowgri.../bi-fold-doors/

Have check the new bi-fold door and pd door. personally find that bi-fold is much user friendly and durable. pd door is space saving but the material and mechanism doesnt seems very durable. also have seen quite a bit of "reviews" in RT. so i would go with bifold door. cheers!

Just to share my very bad experience with PD Door (East Plan). They have installed a PD Door in my toilet that can not open fully because it is block by the Towel Bar. This is very obvious that it is fault of the installer with poor workmanship and refuse to rectify this mistake made by them.

Check out this video clip uploaded onto YouTube: http://youtu.be/R0WLZXOkCsU

Alternatively, you can type in "PD Door that cannot open fully" in YouTube to search for it.

Hope this video clip and message will alert and warn those who interested to install PD door in their house to be very careful.

Just to share my very bad experience with PD Door (East Plan). They have installed a PD Door in my toilet that can not open fully because it is block by the Towel Bar. This is very obvious that it is fault of the installer with poor workmanship and refuse to rectify this mistake made by them.

Check out this video clip uploaded onto YouTube: http://youtu.be/R0WLZXOkCsU

Alternatively, you can type in "PD Door that cannot open fully" in YouTube to search for it.

Hope this video clip and message will alert and warn those who interested to install PD door in their house to be very careful.

i don't see this as a workmanship issue. the door seems to be working fine from your video. just that both you and the installer did not take in consideration of the towel bar at the back of the door. when the person came for measurement, they will have asked you which direction you will like your door to swing to. you will still face the same problem if you will to install a bifold door.

by the way, im not fan of pd door. i had a hard time opening them as the magnet holding it is too tight. my 4yr old couldn't push the door open and the door wouldn't stay open. so we are always sliding in and out of the toilet.

switched to bifold in my new place.