Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BIRD1

White Powdered Coated Windows & Frames Users Please Help

Decide to start this topic as we could not really make up or decide to have the white powdered coated window and grilles or the normal natural aluminium ones.

Price quotes for 5 rooms is around 3k+ for the normal aluminium window and grilles but the white powdered coated frames are 4k+ - a difference of about 1k.

as for "why white powder coated" - its nice and aesthetically pleasing but that does not justify the 1k. but the other hand, the normal natural aluminium frames and grilles just feel abit dated.

so, figured best is to ask for any advise or inputs from forumers who are currently using the white powdered coated window and grilles.

thanks in advance.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Decide to start this topic as we could not really make up or decide to have the white powdered coated window and grilles or the normal natural aluminium ones.

Price quotes for 5 rooms is around 3k+ for the normal aluminium window and grilles but the white powdered coated frames are 4k+ - a difference of about 1k.

as for "why white powder coated" - its nice and aesthetically pleasing but that does not justify the 1k. but the other hand, the normal natural aluminium frames and grilles just feel abit dated.

so, figured best is to ask for any advise or inputs from forumers who are currently using the white powdered coated window and grilles.

thanks in advance.

My opinion... Have to maintain if you plan to get the white powdered coated window and grilles. No joke.

My opinion... Have to maintain if you plan to get the white powdered coated window and grilles. No joke.

its really that bad/painstaking to maintain it? coz my big issue is that the windows will have to face the afternoon sun

Edited by BIRD1

white looks good when new, a year later....... ermmm.....

Okay3. Thanks alot yet sorry to hear/read too.

Time to go au natural

im using white windows and grill, after 1 and half year still white leh. my maid wipes it once a week though.but given back a choice, i will still goes for white, asthetically definately win hands down.

Okay3. Thanks alot yet sorry to hear/read too.

Time to go au natural

it depends on how hardworking u are to clean the window frames and grilles... like a spanking new car, first few months every week wash, polish twice a month, one year later, wash once a month, polish half a year, at the end of 2 years, send to yewpom to wash and gets lots of scratches.... :D

get dark bronze type which will be low maintenance, clean or no clean, doesn't look any difference......haha

im using white windows and grill, after 1 and half year still white leh. my maid wipes it once a week though.but given back a choice, i will still goes for white, asthetically definately win hands down.

Actually ive seen a couple of houses with the white frames and ageing well (discoloration) - for one thing these frames were not exposed directly to the afternoon sun and theres always Leticha around to assist.

Yea i agree with you that the whitees are gorgeous

Edited by BIRD1

it depends on how hardworking u are to clean the window frames and grilles... like a spanking new car, first few months every week wash, polish twice a month, one year later, wash once a month, polish half a year, at the end of 2 years, send to yewpom to wash and gets lots of scratches.... :D

get dark bronze type which will be low maintenance, clean or no clean, doesn't look any difference......haha

couldnt agree with you more.

currently using them. even after 5yrs still looks great somemore clean quarterly only :sport-smiley-018:

see howla

How can price be so much different? The different for silver bronze colour and white powder coated is only a dollar different per square foot....

Just checked with a few vendors including Alex and the Pang Giap and all are quoting white powdered quoted to be S$8.5psf. If I am not wrong, I read some old threads that in 2009, it was 6.50psf. The price of aluminium has increased so much??

my window grille is white powder coating, after 8 years is still white in color, i only clean them once a year near chinese new year.

Of course.

But there is a difference when the frame is inside protected from the elements, and outside exposed.

Nevertheless, powder-coating is harder than normal paint.

Cheers!