Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
melmel

Love Nest @ Sk

Hi, I m new to this forum. My husband and I bought a unit at 210A Compassvale Lane and had just started the 1st stage of renovation. I had read through a couple of blogs and decided to create one myself too!

The hacking of walls for my unit had just completed and I am looking forward to the tiling works. We went around with our designer to choose our tiles and had finally settle on colours. I really hope the tiles will look nice when it's done. Really looking forward. ^^

Maybe I will upload some pictures of the process the next time to share with all of you.

Oh, my designer just update us that the 3D perspective drawing will be done next week. I'll upload them as well if I can.

I can't wait to see how the house will look like. ^^

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hey guys, here's my original floor plan.

3n8r_633_ucgt5.jpg

My husband and I had many long discussions on the layout of the house. The designer actually came out with quite impressive ideas for us and he worked with us to see what's the best solutions. This is the proposal of our hacking plan. I requested for a walk-in wardrobe (AHAHA), and therefore hacking of the walls are needed. The walls indicated in red will be hacked away and to create a bigger space for the wardrobe. ^^

3g7u_8c8_ucgt5.jpg

I am surprised by the idea my designer proposed for the wall at the living room. The walls indicated in blue are to be hacked half. Ya, just half of the wall will remain. The designer suggested to have tempered glass on the empty area, this make the living room look more spacious and we can check on our daughter while we watch tv at the living room. HAHA. The 1st draft of 3D drawings are done and he had emailed us. My husband and I love it, we were just wondering if it's too out of the box becox it's don't look like normal house in singapore.

2wd1_651_ucgt5.jpg

I really like the texture on the wall! The ceiling looks nice too. I really wonder how it will look like real life. ^^

I hope to hear some feedbacks on this! We can't stop thinking and discussing about it, and i really look forward to hear some comments here too! ^^

2wd1_651_ucgt5.jpg

I really like the texture on the wall! The ceiling looks nice too. I really wonder how it will look like real life. ^^

I hope to hear some feedbacks on this! We can't stop thinking and discussing about it, and i really look forward to hear some comments here too! ^^

Very nice 3D, congrats on your new home and wish u a smooth n fun reno journey :yamseng:

Hey guys, here's my original floor plan.

3n8r_633_ucgt5.jpg

My husband and I had many long discussions on the layout of the house. The designer actually came out with quite impressive ideas for us and he worked with us to see what's the best solutions. This is the proposal of our hacking plan. I requested for a walk-in wardrobe (AHAHA), and therefore hacking of the walls are needed. The walls indicated in red will be hacked away and to create a bigger space for the wardrobe. ^^

3g7u_8c8_ucgt5.jpg

I am surprised by the idea my designer proposed for the wall at the living room. The walls indicated in blue are to be hacked half. Ya, just half of the wall will remain. The designer suggested to have tempered glass on the empty area, this make the living room look more spacious and we can check on our daughter while we watch tv at the living room. HAHA. The 1st draft of 3D drawings are done and he had emailed us. My husband and I love it, we were just wondering if it's too out of the box becox it's don't look like normal house in singapore.

2wd1_651_ucgt5.jpg

Congrats and welcome to the t-blog. :D Hacking of the walls and having clear tempered glass is common especially there are quite a no. of forumers done that already(but mostly the room is converted to a study rather than a bedroom due to privacy). Since this is your daughter's room, maybe its not a good idea to have the tempered glass at all, imagine that she do grown up and need her own space and privacy. Looking nice and being practical always crush with each other. :yamseng: Wishing u a smooth reno ahead. :D

P.S. Oh ya the platform steps do look nice but there is a HDB height limit on that (2.4m from floor finish to ceiling).

Edited by jaskel

Congrats and welcome to the t-blog. :D Hacking of the walls and having clear tempered glass is common especially there are quite a no. of forumers done that already(but mostly the room is converted to a study rather than a bedroom due to privacy). Since this is your daughter's room, maybe its not a good idea to have the tempered glass at all, imagine that she do grown up and need her own space and privacy. Looking nice and being practical always crush with each other. :yamseng: Wishing u a smooth reno ahead. :D

P.S. Oh ya the platform steps do look nice but there is a HDB height limit on that (2.4m from floor finish to ceiling).

I agree with you.

Miss out a very impt factor. Noise, very low insulation frm the glass wall.

yea.. I agree with jaskel. Most ppl would use that as a study room instead of a bedroom.

Personally I do not like this concept as that room would eventually becomes cluttered with stuffs after moving in.. and it won't be eye-appeasing to guests in the living room then. Juz my 2c worth :)

And all the best to your reno. journey! :yamseng:

ur ID's 3D drawing looks amazingly real btw.

Hi there,

I had the same idea with the glass half wall in our study room to overlook the living room. Initially I find it difficult to find similar pic for reference, thanks for sharing!I think it looks fabulous!

You can install a curtain to set your privacy.

However, I decided to do a window opening than a glass, as it doesn't suit our interior style of Scandinvaian-classic.

Keep posting please!