Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
DingDong

My Little 3I Siaolangkeng @ Tpy

My kitchen has no tiles also. Personally i prefer no tiles i jut put backsplash in the hob area.

Ohhh..cos i never seen a tile-less kitchen before..so is kinda hard for me visualize. Esp when 3sides have tiles and 1 side where the Ikea base cabinet/sink is gonna be are "bald"? or maybe wat reno uncle tell me is some tiles pop out while i visualize whole stretch wall tiles came down!?!?

I like the way you narrate, actually it took me 3 times before i noticed that your MahTong is not Mahjong but Toilet Bowl.

If you are on a budget. Can consider those that comes with a set. Attached a package for your reference.

Anyway i went down but didnt buy from them because I didnt get a good experience during my trip down.

System 3: can consider the Midea brand, but remember to buy the extended warranty from gaincity in case the brand is not lasting compared to the japanese brand.

I think it is about 2.3k compared to 3k for the Mitsubishi Electric one.

Hope it helps. And looking forward to your reno updates.

I saw the catalogue too.. will hobble down testing personally..btw,..their svc no good,too pushy with sales??y u no get good experience fm them??

Will check the aircon,,, thanks!!!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Ohhh..cos i never seen a tile-less kitchen before..so is kinda hard for me visualize. Esp when 3sides have tiles and 1 side where the Ikea base cabinet/sink is gonna be are "bald"? or maybe wat reno uncle tell me is some tiles pop out while i visualize whole stretch wall tiles came down!?!?

I saw the catalogue too.. will hobble down testing personally..btw,..their svc no good,too pushy with sales??y u no get good experience fm them??

Will check the aircon,,, thanks!!!!

The sales person that attended to us seem a little new:

1) do not know the price (example: he got to spend 5 mins checking the price after each WC that we like)

2) keep quoting us price that is more expensive then their ads (example: ads shows SGD288 he will say now got promotion and quote me SGD350)

3) do not know their product well (example: insisting that the sink is Elkay but it shows Rubine on the sink)

4) do not know that HDB are not concealed and keep insisting that my plumber will know what to do (reality: an adapter is needed as HDB pipes are outside

The above are forgivable as he seem sincere and eager to close the deal.

We spend about 45 min with him. What made us decide to leave is:

5) The other senior sales person do not want to help him and just let him drown.(he ask them price then they give him black face - It was a morning so not much customer in the shop but all sit there shake leg and not willing to come and ask if he need help)

The final blow:

6) he helped us ask about the Rainshower set promo in the website a lady replied loudly to him, "no need see sample, just sell the package can already"

3-4k is a big amount for us and we will be more comfortable buying from someone who knows the product well and the shop is genuinely interested to sell us a product they believe in.I would want to see the items if I can before i make the decision to purchase. With that I took the guy's card, thanked him and left.

Anyway just a side note: their package price for their Grohe seem to be quite good so if you are able to get a good discount over the package price. A pretty good deal.

Edited by dinobros

Been a week since reno started and I only been there once..

:jawdrop: to realise that the tree outside my house is being chopped and removed..... :furious: there goes my hammock plan and now the bus stop is of full view!!

CHECKED

Hackable items are hacked and disposed. (cabinets/sinks/doors)

Due to hollow-ness of kitchen walls, those are to be hacked away after I gave the go-ahead.

Old wiring are also torn down and awaiting replacement next week.

Squat pan hole is covered and waiitng new sit bowl.

PENDING

Ikea reply if they will fix the sink w sink cabinet or my plumber can do it?

Aircon! I prefer non inverter due to low usage but few salesperson told me non-inverter R22 gas will be obsolete in 2014/15?

Non inverter come in R410 gas too right? :dunno:

Last but not least, I have yet to get my mahTong/sinks/lightings!!!!

looking around for cheap cheap n good good :deal:

lol..time to zz zz .. will be back soon for some update!

your place is opposite potong pasir market? there got the famous melben crab... :D

Sorry for the late welcome to renotalk fellow tpy-ian;

You should be able to find everything you need here.

We almost picked a corner unit at the ground storey at blk 2.

Ya, and the hawker has completed her renovation,

a couple of food stalls are just a stone throw away from you home ;)

bedok minced meat noodles, hokkien mee facing the road side and my recently

new found love; "B for beancurd" stall.

Drop neubie or me a msg if you need help; he's a reno-guru.

PENDING

Ikea reply if they will fix the sink w sink cabinet or my plumber can do it?

Aircon! I prefer non inverter due to low usage but few salesperson told me non-inverter R22 gas will be obsolete in 2014/15?

Last but not least, I have yet to get my mahTong/sinks/lightings!!!!

looking around for cheap cheap n good good :deal:

lol..time to zz zz .. will be back soon for some update!

In regards to Aircon, Yes, the sales person is right; R22 will likely to phase out around 2016.

I am currently using Daikin Non-inverter, a R22 neverthless (usage is low prob once a week; weather dependent)

and my monthly electrical bill hovers around $68.

hope this helps.

Haha.. the salesman is not totally right.. they just heard say heard say.. salesman wanted to push u inverter aircon that why saying this. In SG, no law is been implemented yet for R22 equipment usage.. That's to say, no news yet on when SG will ban R22 equipment. Even if the equipment is banned, the R22 gas will still be available for a long long time, for the usage of those R22 equipment around. (Unless government wanted to subsidize all replacement of aircon to new gas... :)) So don't be worry. Follow your heart...

Edited by jackwolf

Thanks guys for the replies and help!!

For aircon, I probably will get the non-inverter,if possible with R410 gas. :)

For Food.... oh my love..my lalings.. erm...so there is nice beancurd @ the market..lol i wish there is a 7-11 there though.

cant wait to try all the food in the estate!!

:drunk:

Drop by Courts to see see look look..end up signed for the following :

1) Panasonic System 3 Non Inverter Aircon @ $1599 + $130 for brackets.

2) Sona 16" Wall fans for my 2 bedrooms @ $89 per pc

3) Sona 16" Portable fan for Utility Room use or General Usage

4) LG 230L 2 Door Refrigerator @ $369.

Total damage in less than 1hr :jawdrop: $2444.90 which include extended warranties and they waived off the delivery charge. :)

Should I buy other items in any Courts before the delivery date,I can just inform them to deliver 2gether w/o having pay for the delivery charge too.

Yoohoo.. now left my kitchen items and a tv console to purchase!

:yamseng:

Went by the house on fri and saw reno on-going. Place too dark n messy to take pics.

Electrical uncle bz at kitchen drilling away.

He reminded me that the aircon guy can fix up the aircon next week and he will inform me in advance when to send the lights over.

Another uncle humming away while painting the house.

Confirm with me the colors again and ask me to send the toilet bowl/sink/instant heater/mirror and all stuff that need to be installed over next week!

So far no major hicups except I need fork out $1k more to hack off all the kitchen tiles which are :jawdrop: Hollow.

:bow: there is no issue with the kitchen sink piping as it is sealed w the cement kitchen base (done long ago by previous owners)

14th Dec Delivery Schedule :

1) KS Lighting to deliver the sanitary wares & heater.

2) Aircon Installation

3) Ikea site measurements for kitchen cabinet.

:rofl:

14TH DEC 2011

Sad due to protruding walls and beams which cannot drill,I cant fix my aircon to where i wan.Instead the locations result in fat trunkings all over my room. :(

028.jpg025.jpg030.jpg

Only Room 2 is not affected by any trunking....... and .....Aircon in the hall

032.jpg3b4d9ae4.jpg

My ideal choice was just above the bedroom doors for the room units. :bangwall:

Being cheapo, I kept the wall tiles and just did redo the floor tiles.

The kerb will be done up too.

038.jpg040-1.jpg

My MAHTONG..washbasin and instant heater :bath:

*sorry still bergin..yet to open*

c027c0dd.jpg5b5b7d19.jpg

The switches used in the house.

4c27f315.jpg

14TH DEC 2011

Sad due to protruding walls and beams which cannot drill,I cant fix my aircon to where i wan.Instead the locations result in fat trunkings all over my room. :(

028.jpg025.jpg030.jpg

Only Room 2 is not affected by any trunking....... and .....Aircon in the hall

032.jpg3b4d9ae4.jpg

My ideal choice was just above the bedroom doors for the room units. :bangwall:

waseh really love your floor tiles!

as for the aircon trunkings, dont be upset, just paint over with the same wall colours cannot see liao!

Thanks Jeep3.. wanted a retro retro theme but I guess only the tiles are retro now.. LOL

I still like those red tiles of yours!