Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
watchthewaves

Looking For Quality Folding Door Makers

Looking for glass folding doors (from living room to the patio outside). I understand that those who use the track systems imported from overseas (eg, Germany) are more reliable, would last longer without giving problems. Anyone can recommend brands and/or makers?

Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Looking for glass folding doors (from living room to the patio outside). I understand that those who use the track systems imported from overseas (eg, Germany) are more reliable, would last longer without giving problems. Anyone can recommend brands and/or makers?

Thanks.

You can try fascina. It is one of the more premium quality product. http://www.fascina.com.sg

Alternatively, you can get a carpenter craftman to help you design it using part tempered glass and partly using high quality chengai wood, using higher end weather proof stainless steel track system and hinges.

You can try fascina. It is one of the more premium quality product. http://www.fascina.com.sg

Alternatively, you can get a carpenter craftman to help you design it using part tempered glass and partly using high quality chengai wood, using higher end weather proof stainless steel track system and hinges.

I'm OK with standard local aluminium frame. I am interested in good heavy duty track system and hinges. Any suggestion of where to look for these?

I'm OK with standard local aluminium frame. I am interested in good heavy duty track system and hinges. Any suggestion of where to look for these?

You can try:

Active Restoration Technology Asia Pte Ltd

No. 2 Fan Yoong Road

Singapore 629780

Telephone: (65) 6261-4154

Fax: (65) 6265-0745

http://www.artech.com.sg

I am using fascina for my whole house. From what you are describing, it could be similar to what i have. I do not have a fix panel system, all on folding roller track system that opens up my living room to the back patio where my koi pond is. You need a good system as the door will sag over time due to weight.

What colour is your Fascina windows? So far, I hear good feedback for the standard white ones. However, I'm told that other colours, because the top layer is laminated, is not as durable? How old are your windows and what has your experience been?

I know alum is heavier, so a good track and hinge system is needed. That's what I'm looking for.

Edited by watchthewaves

What colour is your Fascina windows? So far, I hear good feedback for the standard white ones. However, I'm told that other colours, because the top layer is laminated, is not as durable? How old are your windows and what has your experience been?

I know alum is heavier, so a good track and hinge system is needed. That's what I'm looking for.

If you want to consider another brand. You can look at Vento. I use them and are pretty happy with it.

http://vento.com.sg/

mine is white, i think fascina only has another color, it's woody. I have it for 3 years and it has been maintenance free for me. I have been told to oil it but have been lazy about it. I think you should visit their showroom/office in Changi, near to expo.

I've heard that when these glass door is used, more often than not, the roller will give way and hence have to be service often.. It is worth investing in a good hinges and track system. What is the total length of your door and your intended no. of doors?

Is this a picture of what you're looking for?

Album1002.jpg

Album3005.jpg

Album7023.jpg

Edited by keelink