Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
landedlover

Need Help In The Rebuilid Of My Humble Inter Terrace

Hi guys,

I have been reading this wonderful forum since last year when I am looking for my dream landed property, and I think you great folks deserve a clap for the selfless sharing of information.

I have bought an Inter terrace and am currently in the process of selecting my builder. I will be pursuing the builder route as I know my builder from my army days. He has his own Archi + QPs in the implementation of paperwork. I have checked his company and also of his team and they are properly registered in BOA and BCA.

My current landed is a humble 2250 sqft Inter terrace. I am looking to rebuild(not reconstruction) to 3.5 storeys with a built in area of 4900 sqft. A glass lift with glass frame will also be built. The total quoted cost is 820k inclusive of all costs, including all the professional fess+ RC pilling. No hidden cost as I have grilled him using all the points shared by all the experts here in the various threads, such as unlimited power points, etc, and he has agreed to this in that price. The only thing that is not included is the carpentry work which I will approach another friend. Works out to be around $160 psf for built-in. The type of tiles used is mostly marble + granite in living and common areas with parquet in bedrooms.

Can any kind souls please advice if this is reasonable? I hope to use him but I am also scared that I am paying a ridiculous price as this is only an Inter terrace and I am paying about $820k.

Thanks

Edited by landedlover

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I think it is a very fair price. I am doing an A&A on my inter-terrace, 2.5 storeys and it is around one million with similar fittings, though no lift. Do share with us your rebuilding journey as you go along!

Hi guys,

I have been reading this wonderful forum since last year when I am looking for my dream landed property, and I think you great folks deserve a clap for the selfless sharing of information.

I have bought an Inter terrace and am currently in the process of selecting my builder. I will be pursuing the builder route as I know my builder from my army days. He has his own Archi + QPs in the implementation of paperwork. I have checked his company and also of his team and they are properly registered in BOA and BCA.

My current landed is a humble 2250 sqft Inter terrace. I am looking to rebuild(not reconstruction) to 3.5 storeys with a built in area of 4900 sqft. A glass lift with glass frame will also be built. The total quoted cost is 820k inclusive of all costs, including all the professional fess+ RC pilling. No hidden cost as I have grilled him using all the points shared by all the experts here in the various threads, such as unlimited power points, etc, and he has agreed to this in that price. The only thing that is not included is the carpentry work which I will approach another friend. Works out to be around $160 psf for built-in. The type of tiles used is mostly marble + granite in living and common areas with parquet in bedrooms.

Can any kind souls please advice if this is reasonable? I hope to use him but I am also scared that I am paying a ridiculous price as this is only an Inter terrace and I am paying about $820k.

Thanks

Sounds pretty cheap to me. Think you have a good deal or you need to check the quality of what you are getting.

Hi guys,

Thanks

Agree with Kardtoon, $820K is a very reasonable and good price for constructing an inter-terrace. My caveat is that the construction quality are good and there are no hidden cost. Cheers!

unbelievable price, including rc piling and lift, wow!! Since he is your army buddy, he could be giving you are cost for the wet works. The thing about hidden cost is sometimes unavoidable. You may change your mind on some of the layout/design when you see the physical during the construction process and this may invite the VO.

unbelievable price, including rc piling and lift, wow!! Since he is your army buddy, he could be giving you are cost for the wet works. The thing about hidden cost is sometimes unavoidable. You may change your mind on some of the layout/design when you see the physical during the construction process and this may invite the VO.

As this is inter-terrace and only two side facing, the figure is still doable with reduced profit margin from contractor. I heard that the small glass lift is about $30K to $40K.

Given that it's 4900 square feet, if that's GFA, it works out to be $167psf which is amazing construction cost for today, not to mention you are getting a lift for it. I suggest that you make sure you get the full cost including carpentry, submission fees etc. And more importantly get a performance bond.

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the kind advice. I was away on a biz trip and just got back today for National day! Happy Birthday Singapore!

I am glad to hear that the price that my friend quoted is fair. I will be signing the contract with him on Friday.

The contract will be prepared by my lawyer and it will basically state that 820K is inclusive of everything such as URA submission fees, pilling, interior designing fees etc. I have spoken to him and he is agreeable to it, including changes that I may make along the way during construction with no extra charge, He also agree to build it in 6 months or less from the date of pilling permit from BCA. I agree to pay him a bonus of 20k if he can achieve that. In return, he agree to pay $200/day as damage for late hand over. Lastly, he also mention that the glass lift comes from Italy and the shipping time alone needs 4 months so I will need to book it now.

Edited by landedlover

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the kind advice. I was away on a biz trip and just got back today for National day! Happy Birthday Singapore!

I am glad to hear that the price that my friend quoted is fair. I will be signing the contract with him on Friday.

The contract will be prepared by my lawyer and it will basically state that 820K is inclusive of everything such as URA submission fees, pilling, interior designing fees etc. I have spoken to him and he is agreeable to it, including changes that I may make along the way during construction with no extra charge, He also agree to build it in 6 months or less from the date of pilling permit from BCA. I agree to pay him a bonus of 20k if he can achieve that. In return, he agree to pay $200/day as damage for late hand over. Lastly, he also mention that the glass lift comes from Italy and the shipping time alone needs 4 months so I will need to book it now.

Happy National Day to you too!

You may want to give him more time as 6 months is fairly short and not too good for you if he rush through the works. Probably 8 months to 10 months will be more comfortable. After all, cement needs time to cure.

Regards.

Hi guys,

At this price, speed and promise of no extra charge for any changes.... He must be a super good friend. :-)

Seriously it sounds so far below the market rate that I'd be careful that you pay only for works completed and get a performance bond.

Given that it's 4900 square feet, if that's GFA, it works out to be $167psf which is amazing construction cost for today, not to mention you are getting a lift for it. I suggest that you make sure you get the full cost including carpentry, submission fees etc. And more importantly get a performance bond.

That kind of price today... wow, loss making project, unless of course they cut corners. Better spec everything carefully.