Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SClofthouse

Our Humble Loft To Sleep, Eat & Play

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Zio, I did walk past a few stores that provide shipping service in chatuchak but i threw away the pamphlets so i can't recalled the prices. :(

I remember there are few freighting companies to choose from with different rates, the reputable ones are DHL / UPS / TNT etc..

In fact, we wanted to get the solid timber table with bench as it was quoted less than S$500 & we got referred to a lady by the shop owner about the shipping fees, she added in S$200 plus on top of the selling price. We discussed & worried that any defects it will be a hassle so ultimately we drop the idea, only bought items that can be hand carried.

What i heard is that certain store has their designated shipping co., otherwise they just leave it to customer to do the arrangement with their preferred shipping co.

ya...i saw some freighting companies, didnt go take their pamphlets...

so as you mention about the table so total will be about S$700, you think is worth it ? caus I didnt see the design i cant judge. as compared to when u get it in SG.

I also will be worried if there are defects when arrived den dunno.gif

Nice findings of decors....I am really fascinated by the furniture in BKK, they are really cheap but the worries will be the quality and condition.Need the courage to buy.

Here is a list of the shops that we have visited while searching for the right WC, basin, tap head etc, etc...

I have included my personal opinion as well.

- Royal Franco @ Jalan Besar

Outlook seems old & not eye-catching, products being displayed are outdated & boring. Didn't check on the price as choices are limited.

don't underestimate royal franco. the display items are like those items "on sale" in 4d shops. they have a huge catalogue of various items and can give very good prices.

don't underestimate royal franco. the display items are like those items "on sale" in 4d shops. they have a huge catalogue of various items and can give very good prices.

Haha, I got the same opinion here. Royal Franco is really not bad. Worth a look even though the showroom may not be very power

Errandz, talking about this, it brings me back to 2009 (when hubby & i bought this unit). :)

I never have the idea of buying a flat that soon till my mum's constant reminder that flat prices will be increasing instead of decreasing. Panic me, after discussion with hubby, we went over to HDB to check out the new flats coming up. As a west-sider since i was a little gal, i preferred to have a new home in the west area as well. Sweet hubby agreed though he has been staying in the north central. We spotted an upcoming project at Lakeside so we placed 10bucks for balloting, as expected we received a mailer that our application was unsuccessful. :(

Thinking that there wouldn't be any supply at the area that we are looking at. Moving forward, we tried for resale although i never like the idea of living in an old unit. We started our search in early 2009 when the global financial crisis occurred so it could be a blessing in disguise for us. Back in our mind, we have the blocks that we would like to view so it is pretty straight-forward for the agents. However, the unit layout for our preferred blocks doesn't suit us so we need to scout for other blocks. We viewed 10 over units and at last we found our home. I like the fact that the condition is above average, the flat is about 7 years old when we bought it & it is high floor without any blockage. The previous owner is a young couple as well so that explained all the bold wall colors & stylish furniture. :)

The couple asked for 10K COV & we tried to negotiate lower as the market value was already at the high side. We leave it to our agent to do the negotiation with their agent, they were quite persistent & willing to reduce to 8K max. We told our agent that we do not want to fork out that sum of cash & let us know if they could reduce further more. On the other hand, i am so worried the unit will be sold. At that point, we were like playing mind game, gladly to say that we received the call from our agent that their valuation will be expiring soon & the owner willing to compromise. Lucky us, we sealed off at 5K COV. :deal:

Thanks a good bargain taking into consideration the current high COV. :thumbs up:

The kitchen will be simpler as we are not doing heavy cooking.

Excluding the chimney hoods & we are including a dish drainer on top of the basin.

6044855452_373c62383f.jpg

Master room toilet

6044304195_490f1c1bf8.jpg

I like the effect of the platform bed, the door at the toilet will be frosted glass door instead of what being seen here.

6044307593_82a13cbe77.jpg

Lastly, the guy's favourite, movie room. He highlighted that there won't be any frames of pics at the side of the wall & coffee table. The sofa shown will be changed to recliner seats.

6044857026_c1c91ddb48.jpg

Impressive 3D layout and design... :yeah:

We also bought a Lotus Vinsense Tatalay Latex King mattress. I couldn't search the picture online so no link & pics to be shown.

Our recent buy over the weekend, the speakers for living hall. As a lady, i am not too conscious with those audio systems since hubby already fulfill his dream on having a dedicated theater room. The equipment for the hall will be neater & simpler.

6044451479_c6f4e194e2.jpg

6044453017_4d14580ac4.jpg

6044454283_4f802deeeb.jpg

For more info:

Audioengine 2

We did not budget sound system in our new home as DH doesn't appreciate them and would rather put the $ on other area. However, me being greedy as usual would like to have a home theatre system. Juz got to know from a friend that home theatre does come together with a good sound system, meaning do not need to have 2 system at home to cater to both needs (it is a want in this case). DH thought that we could just buy those Sony/Samsung/JBL which cost only a few hundreds or sometimes comes free (although the cost is incorporated) with the TV. Thus, in the beginning I thought probably we can upgrade later when we have deeper pocket. However, this option would then come with the ugly exposed cabling if we do it later.