Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tailgatepro

Lousy Air Con Service

My company one of the aircon not cold. Called well known for serving industial for air -con.

They charge for S$800 for finding leak and servicing and charge up freon. I comment that this 1 unit air-con only S$1300.

So he reduce the price to S$500 but no guarantee to find the leak.

I was surprise that they using soap water method and 1/2 hrs later, they still can't find the leak and call off the day.

So my they didn't not troubleshoot complete.

3 mths later, my HOME air-con also same problem, but this time is system 3. I called another servicing centre - they are

very popular and big company too. I don't want to compare the price, but those PRO service ppl using soap method again.

They said my air con no leak. But I explain that why the freon is empty in my system. A long arguement with them.

I was wonder, since there can open for business and yet give this type of professional result and pursuit me to buy new system.

I(myself) work in Navy as tech before, I know how to do this job too. I had no choice by going to EBAY to buy freon dectector and surprise that price from S$45 to S$100 include shipping.

To cut short the sentence, I found the leak at the join and complete my job myself.

Story: Pls be professional when open a business . I do understand that if 1 team have 1 unit of this device , if they have 20 teams, = S$100x20 = S$2000

But just simple save S$2000 and try to bluff us and dare to ask me to change new air con. WHAT A PRO service :(

Edited by tailgatepro

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Dear Tailgatepro,

I know this original posting is old. But I hope TailgatePro reads my question...

Could you share your story on how you used the FREON detector to find the leak? Did you test around connection points, e.g. compressor - pipe, pipe - blower unit, or everywhere (from compressor - pipe - blower unit)?

Are your pipes hidden in false ceiling?

Thanks.

=Alex

I was wonder, since there can open for business and yet give this type of professional result and pursuit me to buy new system.

I(myself) work in Navy as tech before, I know how to do this job too. I had no choice by going to EBAY to buy freon dectector and surprise that price from S$45 to S$100 include shipping.

To cut short the sentence, I found the leak at the join and complete my job myself.