Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rover

3-Roomer : Bachalor'S Paradise

Hi all seniors,

Hv been lurking ard the forums, browsing thru ideas and creative innovations recently as guest. Never thought of signing up or looking at renovation forums in past years but due to my upcoming divorce proceedings, gotta get back in line and be appraised of the current trends and ethics.

As I'll be splitting the sales proceedings in halves wif my wife, will need to get geared up to look for suitable resale unit. Am thinking of getting a unit near my current house so tt I could at least be close to my beloved 10yrs old son (my wife will be residing near my in laws, which is within close distance of my current house).

Papers likely to be signed by end year and will hv to get the house sold off within stipulated grace period stated by the court. Hope to be able to get a cheap 3 room corner unit wif low COV (reckons tt I wun hv much left for loans, COV and reno after splitting the sales frm my current house). Thus, I doubt I'll be able to get a 4 room unit and still hv $$ for reno. Hv to settle for a 3 room. Yet praying hard cos of the high resale prices and COV.

Hope I'm able to move on and get a place of my own which is within my buying and reno budgets. Hv oredi thought thru on my interior decors. Will be doing open kitchen concept and probably hack off the common room to both extend the MBR and to widen the living room. Space allocated for kitchen will be small as I seldom cook and thus do not need a big area for kitchen or its cabinet. Wats more impt to me is be more generous in space for MBR and living/dining room.

Hv to thought thru carefully on space allocation for placement of sofa, tv etc. As u all knw, 3 room unit is small and narrow. Dun wan a situation where poor planning leads to crampiness of space and results in uncomfortness in movement ard the house. Wat I wan is to relive my life and relief.

Cheers to all and hope to post progress as and when details are in (be it good or bad news). Afterall, we are all here to care and share.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Attached are some ideas I hv frm wat I gathered frm the net, based on similarities to my likings. I'll be doing a full white theme.

** apologies if there's any 'copyrights' infringement. Will of cos be modifying the concepts based on my personal preferences and subject to final space allocation.

128725aa.jpg

4817a52d.jpg

6c908ea5.jpg

56622799.jpg

Guess I'll be spending a considerable amt of time to think thru how I wan my future place to be, incorporating within my budget and how I like it to be. Can't seem to see much of a bachelor style units. Any single or divorcee care to share how they doll up their home?

I think to have the bachelor pad look you need to inject some manly touch in your design and do it tastefully

Guess I'll be spending a considerable amt of time to think thru how I wan my future place to be, incorporating within my budget and how I like it to be. Can't seem to see much of a bachelor style units. Any single or divorcee care to share how they doll up their home?

I think to have the bachelor pad look you need to inject some manly touch in your design and do it tastefully

Ya. Am thinking of going Minimalist cos I dun like things to be too clustered. Need also to think of allocating a corner for storage of unecc barangs barangs, as I'll be hacking off original storeroom to extend my MBR. Likely will be having lotsa cabinets or drawers carpentry to store things so tt place will be neat in look.

yeap minimalist is good , go for clean cut look i hate it when people hv shelf here and there on the wall especially in the living room is the id way of design and adding cost to carpentry and it owner way of adding dust and buying stuff just to buy stuff to put on it .

Ya. Am thinking of going Minimalist cos I dun like things to be too clustered. Need also to think of allocating a corner for storage of unecc barangs barangs, as I'll be hacking off original storeroom to extend my MBR. Likely will be having lotsa cabinets or drawers carpentry to store things so tt place will be neat in look.

Minimalist kitchen cabinet concept. Now how cool can it be to get style wif limited space :)

97f7b42a.jpg

Edited by Rover

Minimalist kitchen cabinet concept. Now how cool can it be to get style wif limited space :)

97f7b42a.jpg

It can be absolutely cool! :good:

BTW, you might also want to think about whether your son will be staying with you on weekends or for extended periods of time (apologies if this is rather personal, but I'm assuming here that you will share some sort of joint custody with your soon-to-be ex-wife and you might want to think about your son's living needs if he were to spend quality guy-bonding time with you at your place - especially as he gets older). If you don't want to actually set aside separate bedroom space for him, you might want to invest in a good sofa bed or a Murphy bed.

For example, here's a very cool convertible sofa bed (just perfect for a bachelor bad):

As a sofa...

round%20sofa%20bed.jpg

As a bed...

saba-italia-scoop-bed.jpg

And here's a rather nice Murphy bed (basically a bed that folds into a cupboard when not in use):

As a cupboard...

116188_0_8-3102-modern-bedroom.jpg

As a bed...

116187_0_8-3065-modern-bedroom.jpg

I think adding darker tones of colours like brown and black, instead of pastels, would help?

Raw wood, leather night accentuate the "manly" theme as well..

Cool thing! Can it fit into a 3 room though?

Yesh! Tts a very cool convertible sofabed (guess the pricing is gonna be way cool too ;) )

I'm thinking of converting the common room into an extended living area, ie a cosy corner. It'll be an open sliding glass door/wall concept. This circular sofabed served nicely as one impt furnishing in this cosy area. If I hv guest staying overnite, I'll hv binds lowered to cover the sliding glass wall to provide privacy.

BTW, you might also want to think about whether your son will be staying with you on weekends or for extended periods of time (apologies if this is rather personal, but I'm assuming here that you will share some sort of joint custody with your soon-to-be ex-wife and you might want to think about your son's living needs if he were to spend quality guy-bonding time with you at your place - especially as he gets older). If you don't want to actually set aside separate bedroom space for him, you might want to invest in a good sofa bed or a Murphy bed.

It'll be joint custody and I'll hv his company during weekend (due to my work commitments). Likely he'll either slp wif me or in the common room sofabed (when he gets older).