Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
whitefantasy

New Refrigerator Delivered With Hairline Scratch

Hi All,

I just rec'd a call fm the service center. They say they can only replace me with a brand new door which i think shd be good enough? So they will dismantle that scratch door and replace with a new one tmw afternoon.

Hopefully all goes well, plus dismantling & installing will not affect the surface of other doors. Or is there any precautions i shd take beforehand to ensure no further

hiccups?

You need to be around to inspect the condition of the replacement door and of the other surfaces/doors before they install. Take pictures as evidence. If installed and you notice something new, then I think you have every right to request for a replacement.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

You need to be around to inspect the condition of the replacement door and of the other surfaces/doors before they install. Take pictures as evidence. If installed and you notice something new, then I think you have every right to request for a replacement.

Thank you for the valuable advises, greatly appreciate :)

Hey whitefantasy, congrats lor...mean at least they still bother to do some salvage work!

strikingreality gave some gd advices, n may I kiasu-ly add on this (if u can & r kiasu as me): Video the process of the whole rectification!

Not kiasu enough? Well go shrinkwrap the whole unit except the scratched door! Don't laugh at me but I did use my leftover corrugated sheet to cover my kitchen cabinets prior to the deliveries of both my fridge & washer lei :)

Prevention beta than 'Sorry' as the only cure ma

Hi tuasbird,

No leh, of coz won't laugh at u as i totally agreed that prevention first rather than regret. Actually i always take my own initiative to put protection first like for example installing aircon i lay a lot of carton boxes on my laminate floorings etc.

I hv bought soft table cloth n bubble wrappings n later ask the technicians if they want to use, or maybe as what u suggest shrink wrapped the fridge which i think very good idea. Till now i still quite worry n thinking if i just accept put magnet to cover then letting them change just the door. If lagi unlucky again, they scratch other areas, die liao. I hope their technicians will be gentler & more carefully during the whole procedure.

As for videoing, not sure ok or not, will the technicians feel

uncomfortable? Maybe i just gentle reminder them to be more careful can liao?

True true...taking video may be too intruding n impolite - do away w this suggestion beta! It's good to allow those technicians to work without being 'eyed' all the time, n this way they could work beta if they r the responsible types of ppl.

What we Focus on, Expands! Don't feel like an alien cos most of us would be so - being bothered by undesirable defects which we came to know on newly purchased items (esp).

I got my fair share of flaws on my newly built wardrobe n kitchen cabinets n console too! But they r more minors than majors n I'm so uncle now that m willing to totally ignore em 'gracefully'.

Know what? Time is definitely the cure of this kinda uneasy feelings but for a 'speedy' one...u may need Assurances! I mean other than the willingness to overlook those spots, my wife is the one that keep saying 'Nevermind la! Little bit only nia...!' & yes, this v much helps to 'erase off' all defects eventually ;)

Now couple of months back I chanced upon a local website selling a nice-looking magnet fridge clock that can wrap round the curve of the door. Couldn't find the site on iphone now but I can check it out on my laptop if I'd saved it as fav, then pass to ya for reference these few days lor

Cheers & Cheer Up!

Hi

Thanks for ur comforting advises & it is really kind of u, can understand how i feel.

Actually my hubby said that the scratch quite minor and if dun keep looking at it won't notice lar. But even after his assurance, i still can't help feeling uncomfortable abt it for the past few days. Maybe it is my dream fridge since 6 yrs

ago and finally can buy it so expectation set higher so cannot tahan the defects.

They are coming right now to fix the new door, now can only keep my finger crossed and everything turn out

smoothly and no further headaches.

As for the fridge magnet, pls fwd the website to me when u found it, of course no hurry, u can take ur time. :)

Edited by whitefantasy

Hi All,

Disappointed again!

After dismantle the door & install the replacement door, realize that the door got more scratch. So got to reject again. Sigh :( they say will come again tmw with another door.

Now i am thinking that just accept the original n live with it.

Or shd i give them another chance again. Or ask for full refund? Really headaches!

Hi

Thanks for ur comforting advises & it is really kind of u, can understand how i feel.

Actually my hubby said that the scratch quite minor and if dun keep looking at it won't notice lar. But even after his assurance, i still can't help feeling uncomfortable abt it for the past few days. Maybe it is my dream fridge since 6 yrs

ago and finally can buy it so expectation set higher so cannot tahan the defects.

They are coming right now to fix the new door, now can only keep my finger crossed and everything turn out

smoothly and no further headaches.

As for the fridge magnet, pls fwd the website to me when u found it, of course no hurry, u can take ur time. :)

hi white

here goes: http://www.beds.sg/home-decor-lifestyle/home-accessories.html

i wana place order for this fridge clock initially but aft spendin much $$$ on my reno + elec appliances...boh lui liao, need do some recovery first :sport-smiley-003:

i did however go for their mattress...the cheap kinda! note: expected politeness fm their delivery guys weren't met. lower your expectation on this aspect :rolleyes:

and oh...my guess is: they would not have $1 change for your $x9.00 items if you not payin the exact amt ;)

Edited by tuasbird

Hi All,

Disappointed again!

After dismantle the door & install the replacement door, realize that the door got more scratch. So got to reject again. Sigh :( they say will come again tmw with another door.

Or shd i give them another chance again. Or ask for full refund? Really headaches!

hmm...hearin this jus makes me wonder if this is an already existing issue & that they have in their warehouse more than one set of door for 'exchanging purposes', hoping to get away with customers who r more accomodating? :unsure:

anyway if it happens to me, i would request for a totally brand new replacement but not before some expected arguements (if can't be helped). if this fails, would ask for a refund even with the knowledge it will never come back to me in full amt.

don't mean to fuel but as Phintastic put across, it's a premium price paid for a premium prodt. a post service by the agent shouldn't be delivered in this manner...replacing a One-Scratch door with another Multi-Scratches one?? not professional lei :bleah:

on getting back the original door - don't know if the dismantling & then assembling again of the door be good? anyway it is those fishy actions that had me as a reader doubt their integrity & sincerity. i could be wrong of cos.

ps: is it convenient to reveal who this seller is? m not kaypo-ing here but keepin a lookout for my sis who would be doing bulk purchases soon for her new place sometimes in oct. PM no prob

Edited by tuasbird

Hi All,

Disappointed again!

Sorry to hear the bad news. IMHO, I would have demanded a full replacement

Hi Phintastic,

Do u think possible? B'cos they will said i already using the fridge so cannot full replacement. The salesman even asked me not to change the door & just accept that minor flaw?

Hi tuasbird,

Thanks for sending me the website.

I hated arguments, most of the time i try to talk nicely as don't want to make the situation more awkward. So i think by changing just that door shd be alright and while watching them change the procedure quite fast and easy. The technician use a philip screw to take out the top clip

panel & d/c the sensor control panel & just jack out the whole door. He did it slowly n carefully.

Ok for the brand of the fridge is Mitsubishi Electric Folio MR-E62S. The fridge was delivered directly fm Mitsubishi warehouse. Bought it fm Gain City as their price not consider lowest $3850 with total 4 yrs warranty. I check with HN their price $3796 but warranty 1 yr. Both say the

price quoted is brand new set not display.

Actually prior to that i did check with GAB & Everjoint their price even lower by another $300 plus. Told the Mitsubishi

salesman Andy & he told me be carefully not sure new or display set they send me. And most of the times both

shops might hv no stocks. He said buy fm big company sure got stock n confirm new set. I really dunno how true is

it, see my case, new set got scratch. And now i even find a very small dot hollow on the bottom versa compartment

which i did not notice that day coz it is at the bottom so not very visible.

Not sure is i or gain city unlucky, everytime buy fm them sure got problems. The 1st time is Aircon but they did settle for

us as per our request to change to another brand, so regain some confidence in them.

The replacement door is not consider scratch. It is consider a hollow medium dot on surface, 2 dots in total. The technician tell me that i very kind & willing to accept change of door only, he said some customers will ask for full replacement. But what i think if change door and it is

brand new + no defects then dun need go thru hassle trouble, that's why agreed to it. How will know their service so irresponsible, anyhow send a door w/o checking properly.

Btw how to know that electrical items purchased are brand new set instead of display. For big company is it sure that they won't send us display although what we purchased is brand new?

Edited by whitefantasy

Hi tuasbird,

Thanks for sending me the website.

I hated arguments, most of the time i try to talk nicely as don't want to make the situation more awkward. So i think by changing just that door shd be alright and while watching them change the procedure quite fast and easy. The technician use a philip screw to take out the top clip

panel & d/c the sensor control panel & just jack out the whole door. He did it slowly n carefully.

Ok for the brand of the fridge is Mitsubishi Electric Folio MR-E62S. The fridge was delivered directly fm Mitsubishi warehouse. Bought it fm Gain City as their price not consider lowest $3850 with total 4 yrs warranty. I check with HN their price $3796 but warranty 1 yr. Both say the

price quoted is brand new set not display.

Actually prior to that i did check with GAB & Everjoint their price even lower by another $300 plus. Told the Mitsubishi

salesman Andy & he told me be carefully not sure new or display set they send me. And most of the times both

shops might hv no stocks. He said buy fm big company sure got stock n confirm new set. I really dunno how true is

it, see my case, new set got scratch. And now i even find a very small dot hollow on the bottom versa compartment

which i did not notice that day coz it is at the bottom so not very visible.

Not sure is i or gain city unlucky, everytime buy fm them sure got problems. The 1st time is Aircon but they did settle for

us as per our request to change to another brand, so regain some confidence in them.

The replacement door is not consider scratch. It is consider a hollow medium dot on surface, 2 dots in total. The technician tell me that i very kind & willing to accept change of door only, he said some customers will ask for full replacement. But what i think if change door and it is

brand new + no defects then dun need go thru hassle trouble, that's why agreed to it. How will know their service so irresponsible, anyhow send a door w/o checking properly.

Btw how to know that electrical items purchased are brand new set instead of display. For big company is it sure that they won't send us display although what we purchased is brand new?

Fridge doors are pretty easily dented if there is a lot of shifting of the fridge in and out of the shop(if you buy from a neighbourhood electrical shop). I notice for neighbourhood shops they usually do not turn on their display sets. Their display is really display only. As for the big boys selling floor, Gain city or harvey norman or best denki.. take a closer look the next time you visit them.. almost all their display fridge got some visual defects here and there.

Edited by Phintastic

Hi Phintastic,

Tks for ur informations.

Yes i remember seeing a display set at HN, diff brand & model. And the salesman point to me a dent at the side of the fridge. He also mention for display set they will point out all the defects to customer B4 purchase & if customer agreed then buy.

For my set other than the scratch on top & a very very small dot in the versa compartment, the rest of the body ok no visible dent or scratch. So is it still possible that they send a display set? But the salesman keep assuring me it is new set as big co. no need to do that & tarnish their own

reputation when truth are out. It is as good as cheating

case.

Gd day, white!

Phintastic did furnish some gd info with regards to display units. As to your further queries, honestly me don't know & thus can't help. Probably if I'm to probe, I might make a trip to the showroom where I'd made the purchase from & check if the display set is there.

But having said this, it could be a time wasting & unnecessary trip cos another unit might have arrived there on time to be its display set. More importantly your prob is still existing so finding out just about anything never helps in addressing the issue.

U r probably left with:

1) accepting the fridge with the One-Scratch door or

2) negotiating for a refund (as close as possible to your purchased amt)

Whatever it is, take it easy!