Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
prody

A&m's Love Nest [Modern Resort]

Hi, may I know how much u paid for this lounge chair ?? Thks!

U have got very nice looking lounge chair :) where did u purchase this?

Hi Cookiez and Potatoes,

The Eames lounge chair replica was from Lush-lush. Damage was $1533.

I believe you can find a cheaper version at Winter (a shop at Eunos).

I confirm you can find the original $10K plus Herman Miller version at Proof Living Ion Orchard. :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, is the workmanship good? If it is , can pls PM me contact. I notice you toilet basin pipings are exposed, you don't want them to be concealed?

Sorry I realized I was using my WTB account AGAIN.

Finally logged out.

I forgot to mention Lush-lush gave us a choice of wood and leather.

swatchw.jpg

As shown in many interior design magazines, the most popular one is the black leather/walnut version.

eamesblack.jpg

We reckon the above combi won't fit our theme, so we chose white leather(gasp!) with white oak!

americanwalnutplywood.jpg

photo4vei.jpg

Of course, the white leather will unlikely to keep its shine for long, especially the ottoman. Let's hope this lounge chair will age gracefully....

definitely will look out for your pictures :dribble:

Are you using laminate for the whole house (Living + 3 rooms?)

No lah! Only the 3 bedrooms. But if I can choose again, I would either choose parquet (which is more solid) or stick to tiles flooring. Laminate can't polish and they make those "crack crack" sound whenever we walk on it. Plus, some of the laminates have seriously POPPED up the last few days. Now we are waiting for the ppl from power decor to come and fix it. Sigh...

Our KITCHEN is 99% done!

Here is the wet kitchen area.

Before

img0107az.jpg

After

kitchen1i.jpg

kitchen2r.jpg

And here is the dry kitchen area. We intend to put a wine chiller inside that squarish space beside the fridge.

kitchen8.jpg

kitchen9.jpg

Not a big space where we can play with the dry and wet area concept (especially when its a long kitchen layout). But this is the best we can come up with. :D

hi Prody,

can you PM how much is the kitchen door? so sorry to throw qtn to you while you are so busy... :yamseng:

Hi Prody, which Cellini outlet did you go to purchase the dining table?

I went to one of the outlet today, and when I quoted your purchase price during GSS (1 bench and the quartz top oak table),, the person said that it's not possible, said that must be oak top. And was super pushy, wanted me to buy the whole package which I don't need :(

And another said that the table is going to be discontinued, but a sales rep from another outlet said that it isn't true. Don't know which is which!

I decided not to argue with them. Could you pm me which person you bought it from? Really appreciate your help :)

Hi, is the workmanship good? If it is , can pls PM me contact. I notice you toilet basin pipings are exposed, you don't want them to be concealed?

Samsara,

We don't see the need to conceal the basin pipings cos the toilet is already very small.

thejabbox,

Supply & install tempered glass door at kitchen entrance (1 no fix panel & 1 no sliding panel) - $1200

Edited by prody

Hi all

We wana make a note on our "wonderful experience" on laminate flooring.

laminateflooringpui.jpg

Just last week, we noticed there is an area of the floor where it "popped" / sink / soften, you know what i mean. So we called the contractor and the guys (which is from power dekor I presume) to come see whats wrong. They ended up ripping off all our flooring, explaining that the cement screed underneath is NOT TOTALLY DRY. The moist have risen and soften the wood. Its not just the affected area that they removed, they took off (almost) everything, saying the moist could be coming from other parts of the floor as well. However, they left the bedframe area out (too much hassle i guess).

I dont' know whether it makes sense but being the laminate expert, shouldn't you know when the cement screed is dry or not?? Where is your judgement?? It could be the contractor's fault rushing the laminate guys due to time constraint or it could be the laminate guys simply can't be bothered?

Whoever fault it is. We blame ourselve for choosing laminate wood as flooring!

By the way, the cement screed is not done by our contractor. Its done by the designated contractor from HDB because we are entitled free cement screed (to a certain amount). So exactly who is to blame, we really don't wana know. Just get it all FIXED!! :fire:

Sorry to know this bad news. So is your contractor giving u new laminate? Or reuse the old ones?

I suspect they reuse those intact laminates and brought in some new ones.

Definitely insist on new laminates if your contractor is not already doing so. Btw, they didn't remove the ones under the bedframe?! What happens If those warp as well and affect the bedframe?

Nope the bedframe was already glued onto the wall. What happens to those laminates underneath the bed? Your guess is as good as mine. :dunno:

Depressing news aside... We sort of went shopping on Sunday at Tanglin Mall with no intention of buying stuff. Until WTB and I went inside iwannagohome shop.

Below are the loot from 15mins of "window shopping" :D

Salt and sugar/pepper/soy sauce bowls

imagejgy.jpg

Cutting board and tray for our wine glass.

photovj.jpg

kitchen9.jpg

The height of wine chiller is up to bottom of first drawer, WTB wanted the tray to be place on top of our wine chiller to hide the ugly gas pipe beneath.