Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
prody

A&m's Love Nest [Modern Resort]

As you know, we have the long sitting wood bench that comes with the dinning table.

We have been looking around for suitable chairs to go with the other side of the table. And preferably stick to our resort theme. We thought the Wishbone chair is the best choice!

wishbonei.jpg

We got it from LUSH at $352 each. There is an option to add on a leather cushion (additional cost) that would make it easier to clean. But we think this original version blend in better. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi all

We wana make a note on our "wonderful experience" on laminate flooring.

laminateflooringpui.jpg

Just last week, we noticed there is an area of the floor where it "popped" / sink / soften, you know what i mean. So we called the contractor and the guys (which is from power dekor I presume) to come see whats wrong. They ended up ripping off all our flooring, explaining that the cement screed underneath is NOT TOTALLY DRY. The moist have risen and soften the wood. Its not just the affected area that they removed, they took off (almost) everything, saying the moist could be coming from other parts of the floor as well. However, they left the bedframe area out (too much hassle i guess).

I dont' know whether it makes sense but being the laminate expert, shouldn't you know when the cement screed is dry or not?? Where is your judgement?? It could be the contractor's fault rushing the laminate guys due to time constraint or it could be the laminate guys simply can't be bothered?

Whoever fault it is. We blame ourselve for choosing laminate wood as flooring!

By the way, the cement screed is not done by our contractor. Its done by the designated contractor from HDB because we are entitled free cement screed (to a certain amount). So exactly who is to blame, we really don't wana know. Just get it all FIXED!! :fire:

Hi Prody,been following ur Tblog..nice reno u have there! we wanted to do Parquet (by contractor for convenience) but decided on Laminate eventually. We had just done cement screeding to our bedroom flooring.

According to the Laminate dealer, a safe time to do the laminate will be 2weeks after cement screeding,or 3 weeks on the safe side (after we probe). We actually even added a silent absorber foam/to reduce sound & also to enhance waterproof protection (??) for additional cost.

She said she will do a layer of plastic over it (to protect it in case),& the moisture content will go out from the side/skirtings,I wonder how believable that is, since the skirting is also made of wood :P

So how has ur laminate been so far? Thanks!

As you know, we have the long sitting wood bench that comes with the dinning table.

We have been looking around for suitable chairs to go with the other side of the table. And preferably stick to our resort theme. We thought the Wishbone chair is the best choice!

wishbonei.jpg

We got it from LUSH at $352 each. There is an option to add on a leather cushion (additional cost) that would make it easier to clean. But we think this original version blend in better. :)

This wishbone chair looks really good..where is it from & how much is it?

coincidentally, I believe I saw this at the new Tampines DBSS showflat 3-4mths back and I was wondering where to find it! It came with a matching round dining table :)

Sorry I realized I was using my WTB account AGAIN.

Finally logged out.

I forgot to mention Lush-lush gave us a choice of wood and leather.

swatchw.jpg

As shown in many interior design magazines, the most popular one is the black leather/walnut version.

eamesblack.jpg

We reckon the above combi won't fit our theme, so we chose white leather(gasp!) with white oak!

americanwalnutplywood.jpg

photo4vei.jpg

Of course, the white leather will unlikely to keep its shine for long, especially the ottoman. Let's hope this lounge chair will age gracefully....

Looking to buy this Eames lounge chair too. Went to check lush-lush and selling price at $2199 after 20% discount is $17++. Must pay full to order new set...

May I know who was the sale guy you deal with and could get $1533. See whether can bargain again :sport-smiley-018: Thank you.

Looking to buy this Eames lounge chair too. Went to check lush-lush and selling price at $2199 after 20% discount is $17++. Must pay full to order new set...

May I know who was the sale guy you deal with and could get $1533. See whether can bargain again :sport-smiley-018: Thank you.

Terence2811,

The sales guy who served us (twice) is Kalvn. This lounge chair was bought back in July during GSS so I guess thats where the extra discounts came from...

Hi Prody,been following ur Tblog..nice reno u have there! we wanted to do Parquet (by contractor for convenience) but decided on Laminate eventually. We had just done cement screeding to our bedroom flooring.

According to the Laminate dealer, a safe time to do the laminate will be 2weeks after cement screeding,or 3 weeks on the safe side (after we probe). We actually even added a silent absorber foam/to reduce sound & also to enhance waterproof protection (??) for additional cost.

She said she will do a layer of plastic over it (to protect it in case),& the moisture content will go out from the side/skirtings,I wonder how believable that is, since the skirting is also made of wood :P

So how has ur laminate been so far? Thanks!

Bigbag,

We also waited more than 3 weeks before the contractor said ok to lay the laminate flooring. Not sure about whether the extra protection works but laminate flooring defintely is a high maintenance job. Can't touch water from below. Can't touch water from the top...

Our flooring have been re-layed and we can only do the wait-and-see approach. Hopefully everything is fine from now on.. :unsure:

Edited by prody

Line TV Console

After being psycho by Dreaming, we eventually decided to put an order for the Grafunkt product. We bought this extravagant furniture with by telling ourselves that it is a good investment and we will be using for a long time.

Finally the console came ytd and it was very heavy. I guess the whole piece was made out of solid oak wood, which in a way justified the hefty price tag :D

The 3 big furniture are in (TV console, sofa and dining table), everything is falling into place. :good:

lineconsole.jpg

lineconsole1.jpg

lineconsole2.jpg

lineconsole3.jpg

lineconsole4.jpg

Over the weekend, we went to XZQT at Pandan Crescent. They were having clearance sale. We went down with one aim. To buy the MEMORABILIA coat hanger from their Calligaris series. We got it at $330 (display set). Retail price is $539. The price after discount was suppose to be $370. The sales person punch in the wrong numbers at the first time but we were glad that he gave us the first price though. How i wish they always punch in the wrong numbers. Haha

coathangero.jpg

We considered Grafunkt's LALANG coat stand but are not willing to fork out 800+ for a coat hanger so we thought the above one suits us the best.

grafunktcoatstand.jpg

Edited by prody

Gotten more things from IKEA:

KNODD bin for the kitchen. This is a Love at First Sight. It looks like Cookie Monster Oscar the Grouch's hideout place!

greenbin.jpg

DOKUMENT bin for the Study. Love the clean look of it.

paperbin.jpg

HAMPEN rug for the WIW

wiwcarpet.jpg

Edited by prody

Thanks Strikingreality and SClofthouse for the information. Defintely helpful.

Think we missed out one very important purchase from that list (which I have added in). ie. pole system WIW.

We initially plan to get it from IKEA, Stolmen system, found this entry (IKEA pole system) by neubie while doing a search in forum. :jawdrop:

Reminded me that not all products from IKEA are worth buying (especially when it involves 4 figures). Other than its Billy bookcase (which we are intending to buy) cos WTB used the bookcase in her current house for 5 yrs now and it haven't collapsed. So i presume it should be worth another try.

Now that we have one more item in our To-buy list.

Done abit of research and spoken to ejszaka (link). I have shortlisted the following suppliers and wish to hear from all of ya who had done similar research or purchased from them. Service, price, quality etc..?

- OPSH

- Ximula / Alumix

- Excel

- Closet Design

- Closet robe

- Lumierawardrobe

Any other supplier worth mentioning is most welcome! Thank you in advance! :)

Still remember this post we did back then?

We have now gotten our WIW and surprisingly, we didn't use any of the suppliers mentioned above.

We visted OPSH and Closet Design. OPSH has very limited design and the pole doesn't look stable in their showroom. Quote was pretty compeitive (slightly cheaper than Closet Design) but remains at market rate.

Closet design provides 5 years (i think is 5 yrs) warranty and they have alot of "gadgets" and variety of system to play with. But of course, there is a price to pay. For our space (2 sides), we have to pay around 4K for Closet Design.

And really by chance, through a friend who used to worked in an ID firm, gotten this contact who used to work at Alumix but now came out to set up his own pole system company. We got quite a good price and satisfactory service!

The company is called Sparico Sys Pte Ltd. They are relatively young company. Its a 4-5 years old company according to their sales person. Their contractor, Mr Tim, is nice and easy going. Not much airs and offered to carry our full height door all the way up to our unit!. Bcos full height door usually cannot be fitted into HDB lift, more established WIW manufacturers are reluctant to do full height door for HDB. One salesperson mention HDB no need to do full height door. Outright rejecting us.

Overall, we are very satisfied with their service. And of course the price tag. :yeah:

Photos as follows...

Edited by prody

wow nice!!!!

FOr 4K :jawdrop:

I alwiz wanted to get one of these pole system ...

but my wifey still prefer to stick back wooden shelving..and plan to "chop" my space for ther dressie?? :yamseng:

Nice design u have there prody :good:

And really by chance, through a friend who used to worked in an ID firm, gotten this contact who used to work at Alumix but now came out to set up his own pole system company. We got quite a good price and satisfactory service!

The company is called Sparico Sys Pte Ltd.

Interesting, from the pictures, the system looks quite identical to Alumix, I wonder if they are functioning as a reseller/distributor?

Only differences I can spot are in the drawer handles.