Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
prody

A&m's Love Nest [Modern Resort]

Yea. I think many companies here are buy&sell kind. Singapore market is too small to build a local factory I guess. Within Sparico they have different versions of pole system too. Goes to show they are simply distributors as well.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Grafunkt has a shop at Park Mall. There is lalang coat hanger there. The remaining items are from Ikea. Cheers!

Edited by prody

Grafunkt has a shop at Park Lane. There is lalang coat hanger there. The remaining items are from Ikea. Cheers!

Thanks Prody! Seems that I have not done my shopping well... Ikea aso dunno?!

Hi Prody/Dreaming

Can share the supplier you got for your glass door? Tiling will be completed tomorrow and it's time to invite suppliers to go up to do a site measurement for quotation... :)

Up next, we went to a quite well-known shop to purchase 1 coffee table and 2 study chairs.

noguchicoffeetable.jpg

img0260uo.jpg

img0258jz.jpg

No introduction required, readers of Home & Decor or Square Room will recognize the Noguchi coffee table and Eames dowel legs armchair. I'm pretty sure these are replicas, it's amazing some high-end boutique in Orchard Road is selling that same armchair for $1K each. Seriously...

In a way the Eames armchairs were a bit of impulse buy for me. After purchase, I realized everybody is using it on Home & Decor, machiam its buy one get one free or FOC. Anyway I quite certain I will not get anymore of those as dining chairs beside my Royal Oak.

My purchase from this quite-well-known shop was not the end. After a week or so we realized, for the 2 armchairs, the sales lady charges us $100 more than what was advertised on the newspaper! Admittingly, we did not do our homework prior to buying them.

Nevertheless, we went back to that shop and tried to reason with the manager. Fortunately, he was still professional and agreed to refund us the excess payment made. We were told that a cheque will be written and they will call to inform once its ready for collection. However, that was 1 month ago and we have not receive any news from them, I wonder if we kenna snooked again :bangwall: .

Hi mind sharing where is this well know shop? Thank you.

I just got my laminate done, hopefully all is well!

Nice furniture u've got there, iconic designs with history. I too like Eames & will prob get the RAR. Just saw the real stuff @DWR in NY. Took some photos & will post later on my Tblog.

Anyone can share where to buy the original and the replica in Singapore and how much would it cost? Also eyeing that Herman Miller, Wegner, Noguchi table etc. Just bought some books on such. May I know how much is the price tag here for the dowel leg armchair (DAW) replica? Other than Lush-Lush, where else sells these at a good price? Where did u get the Noguchi table fr? saw it selling in NY @ US$1.2k+.

Know a friend who has middleman to bring in replica but can't see sample. Price is cheaper but catch is no guarantee on the final product, wondering whether to take the risk.

The call of Nature...

Before

img0104ci.jpg

After

mastertoilet5.jpg

mastertoilet2.jpg

mastertoilet1.jpg

mastertoilet.jpg

This is our MBR Toilet. Due to the mickey mouse size of HDB toilets, our contractor told us we are unable to have two basins inside. We searched high and low for a long basin. I decided against a counter top basin due to space constraint. With an undermount basin, the remaining of the countertop can still be used to put toiletries. :good: It's all about function before form.

As for the mirrors, both "side mirrors" can be open to reveal storage rack for toiletries.

For your sink top, what kinda material did you use? Did you hack the tiles in the toliet away or did you just lay new ones over?

Edited by Confidential

Hi Prody and Dreaming,

We like your long kitchen, bed frame and home design. Can pm me your Id contact and if you don't mind, can tell me your Reno cost quoted by your Id? Thanks.

Taj-Down!

tajsofa.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen, announcing the arrival of Taj sofa at A&M Love Nest. :sport-smiley-004:

After more than 4 months setting our interests on it, the sofa is finally in our living room.

We made our payment during GSS (July) and were told we can choose different fabrics for couch and cushions.

However during our second trip to choose the fabric (which was 1.5 months later), we were told that only one choice of fabric was allowed. :furious: This was to our dismay as a monotone combi makes the whole ensemble rather dull.

So decided to fight for our rights 8|.

It was only after much haggling with the sales at Park Mall and with manager at their flagship store (via phone) we were given choice of different fabric for couch and cushions. Flax was for the main couch and Castor cushions.

photofj.jpg

sofa2y.jpg

sofa3g.jpg

sofa4u.jpg

All in all, the effect and its size are appropriate and blended nicely into our living room. With the photo taken during the day, the tone of walnut isn't very obvious.

Hihi - may i know how much is this sofa?

The mirror PD door is mainly for functionality as the WIW n toilet is adjacent to each other. WTB n I would need a mirror to dress up. Bifold door would certainly be cheaper (and more durable?) but we wanna have the choice of leaving the toilet partially open. So that one could dress up while the other half can still use the toilet ;) This is something that bifold door can't give.

My impression is that tempered glass us more expensive? Let me know if you need the cost of our PD-mirror door :)

Hello could you pm me the contact for the PD door? Tks!