Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luvalist

First House, Lesson 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Great to see all about to finish :)) So excited for u :)

Tell fuse concept he loss alot of potential cust ^^

Rem to invite mi to your new house hor if not I dun go ur dinner hee ;p

Cya soon :)

Great to see all about to finish :)) So excited for u :)

Tell fuse concept he loss alot of potential cust ^^

Rem to invite mi to your new house hor if not I dun go ur dinner hee ;p

Cya soon :)

I actually have 8 couple friends + u as potential customers! Come visit me!!! Haha.

Edited by luvalist

Hi.. Fuse concept was one of my shortlisted ID as well.. Now I really need to reconsider. But ur designs really looks fantastic. Did fuse concept customize ur dining table for u? Love ur tv console too? Was that custom made too?

Hi!!! gotta leave a note to say I absolutely lurve yr suspended dining table and tv console!

Nevertheless, glad to have some fabulous picture of our house in progress:

6069567354_d6a39dd8d5.jpg

Our lovely sofa! by Sonic04, on Flickr

6069565432_5603b7f847.jpg

The brick wall, the tv and the useless soundbar by Sonic04, on Flickr

6069013839_2c0ee2479f.jpg

IMG_2374 by Sonic04, on Flickr

6069558534_a2eb05c062.jpg

The fabric backing with the bench... by Sonic04, on Flickr

Hi.. Fuse concept was one of my shortlisted ID as well.. Now I really need to reconsider. But ur designs really looks fantastic. Did fuse concept customize ur dining table for u? Love ur tv console too? Was that custom made too?

Yes, the design is good! I really love the clean look. :)

You can engage them if you don't mind the minor imperfections here and there. Just for one, we had a hard time adjusting our fridge. Somehow it just cannot balance! My uncle (an ex-carpenter) said if you look carefully and compare the distance from the fridge to all the cabinets, the cabinets are not really straight. and not sure if the tiling wasn't done properly, that's why the fridge is not straight.

Yes, the dining table and console are custom-made by them! Supposed to have a matching coffee table which use the same laminate as the console and black matte steel as per the drawing. But they are charging us $600 to $700 plus (which is abit overbudget) for that. :( the exact price was unknown because they can't be bothered to give us a exact quotation since it's off budget.

frigginfuchsia: Thanks! But we had some elderly relatives visiting our house, not very well-liked by them :P but we still love the show-flat house lah :)

Here's some minor update!

The white showflat kitchen! awaiting for the greens :)

6085228455_7f506c8794.jpg

IMG_2404 by Sonic04, on Flickr

The lovely white bedframe with storage which occupies 70% of the space!

6085772876_891e8f7322.jpg

IMG_2406 by Sonic04, on Flickr

Bedroom 2. Curtains finally delivered. with Ikea's $49 rug

6085233839_88921c0ae1.jpg

IMG_2414 by Sonic04, on Flickr

Bedroom 3: See the ugly truck! That's supposed to hide the wires for the brick wall. Totally failed because the wires are either too short or connected wrongly by the electrician. We have to tear that out and re-arrange. So might as well leave it open til we finalised the wirings.

6085234665_6a89f0acf8.jpg

The living room, finally with the 2 blinds, the rug and a laptop table which doubles up as a side table for now.

6085770220_f059159008.jpg

IMG_2405 by Sonic04, on Flickr

IMG_2415 by Sonic04, on Flickr

Edited by luvalist

I was juz reading back and noted that you were still looking for tmyour pendant light. You found it yet? If not, Motto has something quite similar, not exactly the saame shape, but same with black powder coated aluminum like what your ID designed. The lighting shop above macs in the Shaw Plaza in Balestier also has something similar. :)

Not bad! I like your white kitchen! The blue wall in your room - what colour is it? Very bright and cheery. Think v close to what we chose as well! :)

That's aquamarine! I wanted to choose pink, white strips actually or pokka dots maybe? But ID refused to paint for me. and Fengshui master said cannot have red... and so in memory of my younger sis who passed away 1 year plus ago, I chose something close to Turquois (her fav color).

what a reason to choose this color right!

and thanks for the info! we bought it at ebay. It says 5 in stock but this China maker said it's out of stock when we paid. So gotta wait another 2 weeks! FINGER CROSSED!

Before that, we did go to Motto but black (both sizes) went out of stock. The lighting shop is LC Lighting, also out of stock! Super frustrating.

metalbone: YES!! TOO FREAKING NEAR IN FACT! It's all nice to look at but functionality wise, totally CMI. Prior to this, my ID also installed a hood switch on the bottom cabinet. When the fridge was installed, we can't touch the switch at all! So we complained (together with all the frustrating things), they replaced the bottom cabinet and changed the switch to inside. :P

Hi luvalist, my coming new place will be in punggol, is it near u? Mind if I visit ur place to view the workmanship? And I really like the laminate you use for ur TV console, mind to share the brand and name of it?