Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ane

Cost Of Blum System

1)can someone explain what does porkypig mean ?? thanks

2)and if my old bought wardrobe, those normal hinges i wanna change to BLUM, can or not ??

I am not porkypig but I hope this helps....

1) There are two hinges for a door. Look at the picture below. The soft close mechanism is in the centre, I believe. So, you need 2 hinges and 1 mechanism to make the whole unit. Then, count how many whole units you need, and the ratio of hinges to mechanism is 2:1

Stainless-Steel-Door-Hinge-2bb-Door-Hinge-Door-Hardware-1380-.jpg

2) Like what Obama says: Yes, You Can!

Got money anything also can. sport-smiley-004.gif

If I am wrong, feel free to correct me...I humbly accept

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

1) There are two hinges for a door. Look at the picture below. The soft close mechanism is in the centre, I believe. So, you need 2 hinges and 1 mechanism to make the whole unit. Then, count how many whole units you need, and the ratio of hinges to mechanism is 2:1

Hi hi, correct me I'm wrong, this is a hinge use mainly for room doors.

I'm not sure if the cut out hole in the door where the hinge sits in is universal but most of them are likely to fit.

Ratio of soft closing to hinge may depends. on how big and heavy the door is, 1:2, 1:3, 2:3.

Ikea has adjustable soft closing which also have softclosing system which works individually without having to change your hinge.

Blum blue motion hinge for door are comparable to others which also have about 3 type of angles. The other type of advance system are expensive and you can purchase directly from them @ Ubi near the driving centre.

oh oh , so sorry , now then i look carefully that people are asking for DOOR , ( i tot is those wardrobe door or kitchen cabinet door )

very sorry ...

but why use this type of door hinges still can put BLUM soft closing meh ? any picture to view ?

xie xie again

Yeah. The picture of the hinge I put above is a room door hinge. I just use that as an illustration. The concept is the same. Two hinge, left and right, and a soft close mechanism in the middle.

Ratio differs, as Defelio says. Got to see the door to know actually. 2:1 is just what porkypig uses to explain, so I use 2:1 also.

yamseng.gif

Edited by renoseeker

there are other types that has its gas-filled or oil-filled dampers integrated inside the hinge assembly, far slimmer than Blum. and cheaper.

there are other types that has its gas-filled or oil-filled dampers integrated inside the hinge assembly, far slimmer than Blum. and cheaper.

yes neubie, u r rite ... i saw another brand "REVO" ... looked same as "BLUM" but so far i dont know what are their price ... cos i only concern quotation of reno , looked at sample but forgot to ask for all these pricing ???

Hi, may I know if Blum is a brand name or a type of hinge. My ID bought the same type of hinge from Excel. I am wondering if it is also called a Blum hinge or he bought a cheaper brand.

I heard my colleague installed Blum onto his cupboards at home and cost him around $2000+. I also emailed them and they recommend that we go to their autherised carpenters to do the installation.

Hi, may I know if Blum is a brand name or a type of hinge. My ID bought the same type of hinge from Excel. I am wondering if it is also called a Blum hinge or he bought a cheaper brand.

Excel is [alot] cheaper. Blum is the name of a brand.

whats the difference between blum & ABS? do they basically manufacture the same stuff like hinges, drawer baskets etc?

I thot ABS refers to the trimmings of the door aka ABS trimmings? I don't think ABS is a brand.

Excel is [alot] cheaper. Blum is the name of a brand.

Thanks joshdes. Any idea roughly how many percent cheaper ? Thanks