Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tirades

Kitchen problem: Stove facing Sink

i am reviving this thread as i dont see any recommendation or remedy to this problem. hope can get some suggestions.

my inlaw's house's sink is facing the stove. is there any way to solve this problem? i heard from one of my friend's mum, who is currently going through some feng shui course, that placing a green mat in between the stove and the sink will help to counteract this?

appreciate your replies.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

From what I understand... place something 'wooden' inbetween will help. but in hdb this is difficult, i mean, can u imagine, how to have something of a wooden structure inbetween right in the middle of the kitchen right? keke..not practical.

so probably have to shift the stove or the sink. but if u shift the sink, make sure that the water pippings do not run under the stove, as it defeats the purpose.

better to get some professional help, stove placement is 1 of the most impt in fs i think, cannot anyhow place one.

precaution is better than cure.

wearing green apron or putting something green in between only cuts down the effects by tiny percentage.

precaution is better than cure.

wearing green apron or putting something green in between only cuts down the effects by tiny percentage.

then what can be done? do you mean that its better to reposition the stove or the sink? my inlaws do not want to get fsm to audit the house as they are worried that there are too many do's and dont's.

haiz! is there anything else to help in this case?

then what can be done? do you mean that its better to reposition the stove or the sink? my inlaws do not want to get fsm to audit the house as they are worried that there are too many do's and dont's.

haiz! is there anything else to help in this case?

is there always quarrelings in house?

if worried this worried that then forget it, might as well take it as no such thing as fs.

how about if stove with same wall with toilet?? :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall:

fiflth....unhealthy, sickness for serious cases, 4D always jump..etc

If your stove is not sharing the same wall with toilet...then is ok. I mean stove opposite is the wall...

hah??? OMG.... :jawdrop::bangwall::bangwall:

what if the stove is facing the fridge, will fight a lot, right?? Not really facing each other but stove facing the side of the fridge. If made to measure a wooden table (those folding type), same height as the stove, next to the fridge, can help a bit?

what if the stove is facing the fridge, will fight a lot, right?? Not really facing each other but stove facing the side of the fridge. If made to measure a wooden table (those folding type), same height as the stove, next to the fridge, can help a bit?

not much of a worry

i heard that food item should share same wall as toilet wall...does it mean

no place of fridge against the wall which is shared by toilet

no placing of full height cabinet with built in oven against wall which is shared by toilet...

how about

placing of fridge and full height cabinet with built in oven against wall which is shared by MBR??

anyone can help....