Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Simontsh

Another Flat At Segar Meadows Hdb 4Rm 93Sqm - Very Very Very Last Minute Reno

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

my advice .. go for the ones you really do feel good with and have absolute trust in .. it will be worth the pennies .. i learnt the hard way .. the big names does helps .. dont go for those untested ones unless u personally knows them ..

my advice .. go for the ones you really do feel good with and have absolute trust in .. it will be worth the pennies .. i learnt the hard way .. the big names does helps .. dont go for those untested ones unless u personally knows them ..

hey welcome to segar, i went thru a few IDs and finally chosen the boss of plush to do up my unit. Its slightly more ex than contractors but at least its jus a point of contact and most importantly he mus deliver his promise and be trustworthy. Some of the glass and mirror works i sub out to the mirror company to do, cheaper that way. And he agreed also.

hey welcome to segar, i went thru a few IDs and finally chosen the boss of plush to do up my unit. Its slightly more ex than contractors but at least its jus a point of contact and most importantly he mus deliver his promise and be trustworthy. Some of the glass and mirror works i sub out to the mirror company to do, cheaper that way. And he agreed also.

hiya , i agree .. hee maybe one day we can meet up but after my renovation finally completes .. haiz ..

Update

while budget is the primary concern, my wife and I are both very particular about service and workmanship.

We contacted quite a few IDs over the last few weeks and we had the following experiences. Some good, some bad. Some perhaps not so interested in our project cause we dun have a big budget.

IDs we met (I'll only quote those I feel not bad one. The rest the quote was crazy)

Pavilion Creation : Mr. A came to our unit, but i think he dun have measuring tape (had to use mine). Guy was quite new. Not very experienced, thus many questions we have cannot be handled. Alot of "I need to go back and check". Keep stressing to go back to his studio to discuss. I wasn't impressed at all as not much input from him. I have to remind that I want to see the quote before meeting up again. But see the quote, I :jawdrop: because one of the highest.

Urban Design : Mr. B came to viewed our unit. Impressed me with his details like measuring of individual carpentry (he even gave some fengshui tips like what measurements to take.) Very attentive. Listened to what we wanted, then gave us his opinions. He got the "Very experienced uncle" aura and I had the feeling he will be the best choice. Asked him for an estimated costs for the works we needed. He quoted the lowest among all. less than 20k?!?! (even though we know cannot be la) Was looking forward to see his quote. But unfortunately, never received it after a week of waiting. I sent a reminder. Promised to send me but again didn't receive. But he did stress he was busy with other projects thus I was ready to wait. But my wife don't want to wait liao. (which also true la, may take key, now almost Oct liao not much time to wait) Anyway we will still recommend Mr. B to all but make sure you are able to secure his services!

Rhiss Interior : Mr. F came to view our unit. He gave the very "hands on" type of guy. The leader type, able to tell us what he intend to do. But maybe too insistent, certain things we gave our opinions, he will defend that his idea is better. Nevertheless we were reasonably impressed with some of his ideas that were "not the norm". We received his quote on time as well, although some details were missing/errant. The pricing is quite similar to the final 2 IDs we were deciding between. We wanted to see his show-flat but never hear from him afterwards. Possibly he was busy with other projects too.

Sincerity : Mr J. who is also a forumer here. We arranged to meet at our unit as well. Able to give us very good details of what needs to be done. One of the most knowledgeable IDs we met. We were looking forward to his quote, but never received in the end. Possibly also very busy. But he did tell us his quote will not be cheap. So we also never followup much.

Final 2 IDs we were deciding between :

Defong : Mr. K came to view our unit. My wife first to be impressed. Cause he is like a body-builder. :sport-smiley-004: But he was quite detailed and attentive, listening to what we wanted. His followup speed also very good. Able to give very fast response. Quote was lower than our final choice, but some items were not added yet. We really wanted to take up the offer, until we went to see the showflat, one flat they were working on in AMK. The workmanship was acceptable but not as good as our final choice. But nevertheless we will recommend to others.

(chosen) S k y C r e a t i o n : Ms C and Mr G was handling our project. Ms C is very good with followup, always calling me to check if there's any problems with the quote. Initial and final quote definitely higher than Defong. We were deciding to take Defong due to budget issues. Mr. G then came to view our flat. Gave us a "Can do" impression and "Ar ka chiu ji" (hokkien) feel. Also very knowledgeable, gave us pros and cons of each feature (like mirror good for design, but bad for maintenance etc) They were very attentive and able to grasp what we wanted....almost to 90% accuracy. Quote was detailed although can be improved in formatting. The first deal breaker was the show-flat. We went to a flat they were doing reno on in Punggol. Can see the carpentry workmanship is excellent. Most of the edges were done is 45 degrees such that u cannot see the doors of the cabinets except for the handle etc. (dunno how to explain, will supply picture when mine is done) :sport-smiley-004:

The final quote was expensive which I will elaborate later but we decide to go ahead.

Sorry for long post. next post I will show the details of the quote

Edited by Simontsh

The list of things to be done

base for cabinets, fridge, wm

shower kerb for both bathrooms

install storage heater

install unlimited bathroom accessories for both bathrooms

install kitchen sink

install pvc outlet for kitchen sink, bathroom basins, wm

supply and install grills for all windows

supply and install sliding window at service yard

supply and install aluminium bifold doors for both bathrooms

supply and install glass shower screens for both bathroom

supply and install veneer doors with designated lockset and stopper

supply and install glass swing door for kitchen

supply materials & labour to construct False ceiling c/w light pelmet @ liv ing , Dinning ,Corridor and Master bedroom

To supply material and labour to box up gas pipes, trunkings around whole house

supply materials & labour to paint whole house

paint for all wall, ceiling, pipes, door & frame.

supply materials & labour to lay protection paper.

supply materials & labour to conduct chemical & general

cleaning upon completion of project.

Foyer Carpentry

Full height shoe cabiet + low height show cabinet with feature + settee

Dining Area

51sqft bronze mirror feature wall

Living room

TV Console c/w 2 side round edge

Master Bedroom

Suspended TV console c/w storage

Wardrobe c/w casement door

Divider c/w storage in laminated finish

Bedrooms

2 casement wardrobe

Bathrooms

Top hung cabinet c/w mirror

Low cabinet in laminated finishing

Suspended vanity storage in laminated finish c/w solid top (for common one, removing existing sink)

Kitchen

29 FT Kitchen Cabinet

High Pressure Laminate Finish

ABS Laminated Door

Internal colour PVC carcass

Inclusive of 02 Nos of Steel Profile / 02 Nos of Stainless Steel Pull Out Tray

1 No Stainless Steel Dish Rack

1 No Cultery Tray

Designer Handles

10 Ft solid surface top double profile

8 ft granite top double profile

All carpentry comes with soft closing be it sliding drawers or casement doors. Wardrobes are full height, kitchen cabinets is standard height with boxup since our ceiling is really high. same for cabinets master toilet.

The quote for the above is $32,388

FOC items

any other boxup (for the aircon pipes/trunkings, power cable trunkings etc)

electrical wiring for whole house (lighting points + power sockets etc) including cat 6 cabling (total lighting points will be around 20. will also add at least 1 power socket per room and do the provision for the fibre cable. also to do 1 additional 20A socket at a/c ledge since we plan to have 2 compressors.)

Additional 2 full height mirrors for master bedroom wardrobe to be fixed on the outside.

now we are looking forward to getting the designs :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by Simontsh

this is the proposed layout

layoutvq.jpg

of cos things that are not mentioned in the quote not expected la :D the designer add in just to let us see the space planning i guess.

hmz u also top floor? hehe

i did a L shape wardrobe cause my layout is the upside down of yours since bed needs to put the other side of yours due to FS .. you're nt gg to do any bay cabinets for ur bay windows?

oh yeah just to check did ur id/contractor mentioned that one side of your kitchen is smaller than the other? i seriously wonder what is hdb thinking ...

hmz u also top floor? hehe

i did a L shape wardrobe cause my layout is the upside down of yours since bed needs to put the other side of yours due to FS .. you're nt gg to do any bay cabinets for ur bay windows?

Ya i same block and floor as you ma! :P

Originally we wanted to put the other side too because i dun like seeing the toilet door from bed as per my current layout.

but if switch, means need to move the power and TV sockets. plus my legs facing the door. As I am the kind always leave all doors open one....means person standing at common toilet entrance can see my headboard also.....which i dun like :bangwall:

so end of the day decided to use current layout...then add a divider to block between toilet door and bed. (see layout)

oh yeah just to check did ur id/contractor mentioned that one side of your kitchen is smaller than the other? i seriously wonder what is hdb thinking ...

yes....the side with the fridge depth is less than 60cm i think. then the side with the window is a little >60cm.

the whole Segar Meadows layout is screwed one....all the IDs, aircon man come to my unit, all :bangwall: at the kitchen, toilets, power socket points.....then the carpark so small and weird layout also.

seems like we have idiots at surbana one doing design/planning.

Edited by Simontsh

Ya i same block and floor as you ma! :P

Originally we wanted to put the other side too because i dun like seeing the toilet door from bed as per my current layout.

but if switch, means need to move the power and TV sockets. plus my legs facing the door. As I am the kind always leave all doors open one....means person standing at common toilet entrance can see my headboard also.....which i dun like :bangwall:

so end of the day decided to use current layout...then add a divider to block between toilet door and bed. (see layout)

serious?! u same block and floor as mine? whahaha how u know which blk i am wor hahaaa but floor i believe same whahhaaa

hmz for us i was intending put there before i realized the sockets and then when fsm came its the same so my fsm says should be like that we must be comfy and right do then good .. so im doing add 2 pocket socket and shifting the scv pt lor ..

u should see where the tel pt is placed in the living/dining room .. can pengz ..

yeah ive been cursing them since i started reno .. my dear contractor is boxing up all things he feels nt nice *faints*

he even boxed up my heater ... due to the low power pts in the **** pathetic bathrooms ..

good for u that you didnt opt for the doors .. *haiz*

yes....the side with the fridge depth is less than 60cm i think. then the side with the window is a little >60cm.

the whole Segar Meadows layout is screwed one....all the IDs, aircon man come to my unit, all :bangwall: at the kitchen, toilets, power socket points.....then the carpark so small and weird layout also.

seems like we have idiots at surbana one doing design/planning.

i was told to get slimmer sink haiz ... to fit in the orig water outlets ..