Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
listerine28

Choosing Altar Position For New Home

Hi all,

My sincere apologies if I happen to violate any rules here as I am new to this forum.

I will be getting my keys soon on 2Sep and still have many issues on hand to iron out. There is one issue pertaining to the altar position in my new home and i would need recommendations. Hopefully some one can help me out here.

I have a thousand hand guan yin at my existing place which my family would like to move to my new place. We would need some one who can advise on:

1. suitable location to place the guan yin

2. good date to dong tu

3. Good date to move the guan yin and ourselves to new place

I have approached a few masters/fsm who can do the above plus offering advice on the placement of the furniture / design. All these come as a package. However, I am unsure about the heeding advice on furniture placement as I already have a design in mind and afraid that I have to change my design totally to suit the recommendations. Also, if I were not to heed those advise, I might feel uneasy about it.

Can anyone recommend some who can meet my request without advising on furniture placement or design? Is there any problems with what I am doing? Pls feel free to advise as I am in a real dilemma now. The key collection date is drawing near and I would need to make a decision asap.

Thanks in advance to those who could help!

Edited by mitchteo

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

I supposed by now u have already selected the location for your altar.

However I would like to share that when we first bought our matrimonial flat 11 years ago, the altar position had been advised by the installer for our wall-mounted fibre-glass altar.

There are many beliefs out there as to where the altar should be facing. We didn't even look at the direction & only realised recently that our altar is facing the NW direction & looking out of a row of windows that's more than 10 feet away from the altar.

Please make sure that your altar is placed against a solid wall, not those partition board wall which are hollow or meant for decorative purposes.

Hi,

I supposed by now u have already selected the location for your altar.

However I would like to share that when we first bought our matrimonial flat 11 years ago, the altar position had been advised by the installer for our wall-mounted fibre-glass altar.

There are many beliefs out there as to where the altar should be facing. We didn't even look at the direction & only realised recently that our altar is facing the NW direction & looking out of a row of windows that's more than 10 feet away from the altar.

Please make sure that your altar is placed against a solid wall, not those partition board wall which are hollow or meant for decorative purposes.

Hi, thanks for sharing. Yes, I have already selected my altar position already. Heard from a few folks that it doesnt really matter where the altar is facing, as long as the altar is placed against a solid wall (just like you have said).

Hi, thanks for sharing. Yes, I have already selected my altar position already. Heard from a few folks that it doesnt really matter where the altar is facing, as long as the altar is placed against a solid wall (just like you have said).

Just for the comments here, I heard from masters that altar should be placed in favourable sector of the house.

Must altar be facing the windows or main door?

I always observe that the altars face the windows in the living room against a solid wall but I can also see that some neighbours places their altar facing the main door.

My Understanding for placing "guan yin" at home is a bit different. I just share my view.

The position to place "guan yin" statue criteria

1) Best is to overlooking the whole living room. ie. Facing door, window, overview anyone entering the house.

2) Against solid wall aka good mountain location.

My Understanding for placing "guan yin" at home is a bit different. I just share my view.

The position to place "guan yin" statue criteria

1) Best is to overlooking the whole living room. ie. Facing door, window, overview anyone entering the house.

2) Against solid wall aka good mountain location.

Hi Alan, thanks for the advise. my altar will be facing the main door and against a solid wall, have full view of the whole living room and whoever is entering the house.

Just to share this: my current altar is wall-mounted and facing the balcony windows. It could be easily seen by anybody who is coming towards the flat or standing outside our door.

However, we have bought a new, bulky altar that's made of rosewood with oyster ornamentation; and during the recent fengshui audit, we were told to relocate the position of the altar.

The new position is such that the guanyin would be facing the wall and overlooking the first half of the living room. (Our living room was split up into 2 sections, and according to the elderly, they have the "Qian Ting" & "Hou Ting" in chinese. And in our situation, it seems like it's appropriate to get it relocated at the "Qian Ting" i.e. the first half of the hall, instead of the inner half of the living room.)

Hi,

Just like some advise. My new house is a dual key and layout was restricted.

When I open my main door, I will enter a foyer area with 2 other doors, 1 leads to studio apartment while the other door leads to 2 bedroom house with living room.

If I position my Guan Yin statue directly facing the main front door (foyer area), is it alright?

Just for the comments here, I heard from masters that altar should be placed in favourable sector of the house.

Hihi,

Care to elaborate more on this favorable sector? Like is it centre of house etc? Or the usual norm of facing main door or windows?? Thanks