Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
salormoon80

House To Home Project.

We just bought our very first 4A resale flat. Dont think we want to use ID as we know what kind of design we want. But still there is a lack of experience i hope i can get help from here.

Always wanted to have an Island in my kitchen. As the previous owner hack away e wall already so all i need to do just remove the sliding glass door. As can see from floorplan, kitchen n dining area quite long i can extend it all the way till spare area between bedroom 2 & Kitchen. Some suggest have a longer island make it like a 2 in 1 dining table but due to my "CHINESE" mentality i still prefer to have a proper dining table.

can i get some advice from u all??

Edited by salormoon80

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hello! Welcome to the t-blogs!

I'm v excited to see your floorplan because it looks exactly like mine, except that I have a larger balcony. I am on the floor right above the lift landing with a big balcony. Where is your unit and what's the floor area?

And I think the kitchen never had a wall... it always was an open plan kitchen. Same as my place.

As for your question about the island... Our kitchens are definintely big enough for an island.

However, it means you will have pretty little storage space.

So we were going to go with an island at first, but 1 week into the reno, we decided that it's definitely not enough space for us, so we extended our island into a counter instead.

If you head over to my t-blog, you can see a 3D rendering of my kitchen. That was the island, if you ignore the vertical cupboards which we eventually decided to have.

As for the island which extends into the dining area, that can be done too and in fact an ID actually came up with such a plan for us. Although I like the idea, however, I felt that it didn't go with the "flow". And I like to have a distinct living and dining area.

Hope this helps! :)

thank you for your prompt reply. Yes our layout is e same EXCEPT u have a really big service Balcony where mine was only 5.8 sqf *pathetic* which i gonna to make it my store room n seal the balcony. My total area is 105sqm a door to door unit at Sin Ming.

So did u engage a ID or contractor??

I cracking my head now decide which concept we gonna use. :help:

Hi salormoon,

Wah is your kitchen as big as what I see on the floor plan? So much potential!

Kitchen islands are lovely but they do take up space and that may result in reduced storage. So off hand, I suggest (unsurprisingly if you know me well) to hack the wall facing the kitchen of bedroom 2 and turn that into a dining. Then the island along the corridor and wet areas and cooking stays in the kitchen. I assume you need the kitchen island space for food prep and baking perhaps?

My advice to anyone who is doing space planning is to always know your needs first. You can only depend so much on contractors and IDs.

How many members staying?

Who does the cooking? Mainly stir-fry or deep fry? Light or heavy?

Oven? Microwave? Dishwasher? Washing machine?Kitchen appliances you need to plug in?

Storage. Plates, knives, utensils, plastic bags, recyclables, disposal. Full height, top and bottom, bottom only.

Only then would the aesthetics comes in. Note this is just the kitchen!

If you need some layout ideas just pm me but definitely need to have a lot more info before we can make suggestions for you :) I love sketching out plans for ppl hahaha

Your floor plan looks great - nice easy focal areas. The only real adjustment you might want to consider is the entryway before you reach the living room. It's a bit awkward but can do something like a lobby-style landing area where you put down your shoes, keys etc before you step into the real 'living area'. Just my 2 cents. Best wishes!

It been 3 months since my last post and finally end product is coming out soon.

I would say this forum does really help me alots with all the useful information.

Sharing some before reno photo

Edited by salormoon80

Hi, Really like your brick wall. :good:

Is this the real brick or wallpaper? How much does it cost?

Thanks.

After 1 months of intensive overhaul....

IMG_1189.jpg

Hi, Really like your brick wall. :good:

Is this the real brick or wallpaper? How much does it cost?

Thanks.

is actually from craftstone under craftbricks. Lots of tiles shop carrying it nowdays.

The cost is about $1.5k.

Edited by salormoon80

Hi Salormoon, I have the same layout too but just that mine is the one equivalent to Strikingrealty with the big balcony. Been living in my unit for 5 yrs plus and also trying to revamp my kitchen now.

Did you remove your storeroom and replocate to your kitchen?

Hi Salormoon, I have the same layout too but just that mine is the one equivalent to Strikingrealty with the big balcony. Been living in my unit for 5 yrs plus and also trying to revamp my kitchen now.

No, my kitchen is actually locate at the original position from my floor plan. In fact when i bought my place just to remove the sliding glass door for kitchen.

Yes i did hcck off my store room which is at the entrance so one of my common room become bigger.

IMG_1185.jpg

In another week the house will be ready to move in.

I am so looking forward.

You have a lot of storage space! Where is your hob and basin?

Nice brick wall!

Btw, revox88 and salormoon80, have your blocks undergone lift upgrading yet? Mine is in the process now, but as we are directly above the lifts, we will be the last to be upgraded. I wonder how they will extend the corridor from the lift to the corridor...

Hmm... I am curious why you would want to relocate your storeroom to your kitchen? Because I find the storeroom at an ideal location and relocating the store room will signficantly reduce the space in your kitchen. Also, if you are only redoing your kitchen, relocating your storeroom will have implications on your living/bedroom area as well.

Nice brick wall!

Btw, revox88 and salormoon80, have your blocks undergone lift upgrading yet? Mine is in the process now, but as we are directly above the lifts, we will be the last to be upgraded. I wonder how they will extend the corridor from the lift to the corridor...

strikingrealityThanks thanks.. we simple love the brick wall too, initially wanted to paint it white but think maybe wait for awhile n see how.

i wanna to do island like yours but after some thought got to forgo the idea as we need more storage space since we hacked off store room.

My basin is where the light shine on it and hob is where the black wall tiles is. Will post more pics once it done this week.

My lift upgrade will start upgrade maybe year end, mine is a door to door unit i also not sure how the arrangement will be, :sport-smiley-004:

Nice brick wall!

Hi Strikingreality, mine is still undergoing LUP and below are some photos taken from somer othe similar flat layout in Pasir Ris. Basically, our privacy will be very much affected....sianzzzz.

View from extended walkway.

DSC_0074-3.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

View from upper floor.

DSC_0068-3.jpg