Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
centrino2

Embark On A New Renovation Journey After 8 Years.....

Generally most of the lighting and furniture websites I've come across are based in US and Europe (Germany/Belgium/UK) and I think lighting websites in these countries are generally safe and sell original items because of the strict anti piracy laws in these countries.

You can try

http://www.nostrafor...tell-m-148.html - shipping is a flat EUR99.00 internationally, so makes sense if you purchase a decent amount.

Remember to take into account GST payable when the item arrives in Singapore, if you spent more than $400 on the order (including shipping).

Thanks for the recommedation and advice. Will try out the site.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Apart from the furniture that I have purchased, we are also looking for country style super single bed frame for my daughter. I have already being to Piccolo house, IKEA, Fullhouse and FBT. Any other recommendation? Thanks.

The next thing we hunt for was counter-top. As our current home is using Corian solid surface and after 8 years, we can see scratches and stains on the surface, we decided to look for other alternatives. The first thing that came to our mind is granite and decided to go for Black Galaxy. With that, we started our search for suppliers again (ID quoted but mentioned that if I can find a cheaper source, I’m ok to use them). After much looking around, we short-listed 2 companies: 78 Degrees and Imperial Stone. 78 Degrees is offering Black Galaxy @ $100/ft run (front edging 20mm) and $110/ft run (front edging 40mm) and Imperial Stone @ $95/ft run (20mm) and $115/ft run (40mm). As we were about to confirm on the top, I came across in renotalk someone talking about quartz top. Finding that interesting, we did our own research on quartz and found that it’sdefinitely worth looking at. And the 2 main brands in Singapore are Silestone (Builders Shop) and Caesarstone (Prema Asia Marketing). Both pricing range from $180 - $2++, with installation, front edging, cutting of sink/hob holes and back splash. In the end, we decided to go for Silestone because 1) like the color 2) anti-bacterial feature 3) resistance to stains, scratching and knocks.

IMG_1003.jpg

Bianco Rivers (~$250/ft run) for kitchen top. Like the print as it has that marble look (love marble but too porous to be used for kitchen top) and it's actually feel leather when touched.

IMG_1004.jpg

Naranja Cool (~$180/ft run) for common toilet vanity top.

Need lobangs from our forumers on any good solar film supplier (to block out heat, not to darken the windows) to recommend? Looking at installing solar film for all windows. Thanks.

Btw if anyone is keen of Silestone but feel that the price is high, you can consider those design that are on promotion. I have taken the photos of those on promo but note that the availability is based on while stock last. Good luck :good:

IMG_0902.jpgIMG_0901.jpgIMG_0900.jpg

Last week I tried placing order for a tap from wholesale-faucet.com. Don't seems to find the design in the last few bathroom outlets that I have visited and thought that the red tap might goes well with my black galaxy vanity top in my mbr toilet.

0177D-1.jpg

The whole purchase process was easy and the tap arrived after 5 days. It came with the necessary fitting and the tap is actually very heavy.

photo.jpg

The only setback was after close examination, found a mark (not shadow) on the tip of the lever which cannot be removed by rubbing. Not sure what is that and is now waiting for wholesale-faucet.com to respond to my query.

IMG_1090.jpg

Btw if anyone is keen of Silestone but feel that the price is high, you can consider those design that are on promotion. I have taken the photos of those on promo but note that the availability is based on while stock last. Good luck :good:

IMG_0902.jpgIMG_0901.jpgIMG_0900.jpg

Hi

Is the promo still going on? we are looking at table top now. Our contractor takes in from Lian Hin which we think the design are pretty limited. We are currently looking at Caesearstone, particularly like their quartz design. Mind to share what makes u chose Silestone over Caesearstone?

From Casa Italy:

IMG_0826.jpg

I have ordered a 4 seater based on the above design (without the ottoman). Hope the final sofa will look nice.

From XZQT:

BaronMoka.jpg

Calligaris extendable table - 1.6M to 2.2M. Compared the mechanism with a few other brands and feel that their Italian mechanism is more superior.

how much did u bought the sofa for? am looking for sofa and dining table currently. u gave so many recommendations. u been to so many furniture shops ah....

Hi

Is the promo still going on? we are looking at table top now. Our contractor takes in from Lian Hin which we think the design are pretty limited. We are currently looking at Caesearstone, particularly like their quartz design. Mind to share what makes u chose Silestone over Caesearstone?

I was there 3 weeks ago to place the deposit and the promo was still on (available design on a while stock last basis). As mentioned, I like the color (design looks like marble), it's Microban anti-bacterial and it's resistance to stains, scratching knocks. I understand from Caesearstone that they have the same nature as Silestone, stating that theirs are also anti-bacterial as quartz are non-porous so bacterial can't hide. I think that since I'm paying so much for the kitchen top, I would rather go for something (Microban) that is stated as a feature and with a different feel when touched (the one that I chose has a leather feel). Also, don't want a simple white top (might as well as go back in using Corian) to go with my red cabinet. Actually personally I think Silestone has more choices to choose from than Caesearstone.

how much did u bought the sofa for? am looking for sofa and dining table currently. u gave so many recommendations. u been to so many furniture shops ah....

I paid $2499 for the full leather sofa. As they don't have a existing 4 seaters with that design, they have to specially manufacture one for me :rolleyes: As a matter of fact, I will be going down to Casa Italy to confirm on the color today.

As for dining table and if you are looking for a extendable version, XZQT really has a great selection of them. And the mechanism is superb.

Actually I went to more stores (Star furniture group of stores, Casakidi, Species.....) than I have mentioned. When I need to buy something, I will shop around and compare before deciding. I do like the process although it's quite tiring and time consuming. Maybe it's my way of destressing from work.....

I'm actually now shopping for dining lights....being to 20+ shops along Balestier, Jalan Basar and Geylang and still unable to identify the right one.....

Just came back from Comex (lot's of people man....) and bought 2 x Philips 6000 series Smart LED TV (40" and 55") from Audio House. Decided to go for the models as I'm not looking at 3D capability but internet browser is a must. Both Philips TVs are manufactured in Europe and 400Hz PMR. Also Audio House is partnering with DBS to offer WOWME promotion (didn't know until now) where you will get upfront discount of $300 if total spend is $2000, $500 if spend is $2800 and $600 for $3000. But the catch is that you have to clock $10000 worth of purchases using the DBS card (for $300 discount) in the next 12 months, $14000 ($500 discount) and $16000 ($600). Since I will be spending for the my renovation, shouldn't be difficult able to reach the amount.

Philips.png

Hi, How much is the Calligaris extendable table cost? Thx.