Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
centrino2

Embark On A New Renovation Journey After 8 Years.....

Eddy from ASL dropped by this morning to deliver the Eubiq SH1 and 4 plugs. He stayed in my house for a while, advising my electrician on the way to install the Eubiq track and connecting to the glass backsplash. For the item purchased, he offer 15% on the track and 30% on the plugs.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Today the plumber, tiler and aircon installer starts their works. Was really disappointed with Hafary's product quality when my tiler discovered that 45 pcs of the kitchen wall tiles have cracks. When contacted, Hafary swiftly agreed to send 45 pcs of the replacement tiles tomorrow.

IMG_1275.jpgIMG_1274.jpg Tiler throughly checking the tiles.....

IMG_1277.jpgPlumbers going around with their work IMG_1276.jpg Plumber's tools

The folks from Passionair M&E today came to install the aircon. Nick from Passionair came a couple of weeks back to survey the house before providing recommendations and quotation. After rounds of discussion with him, feel comfortable with him and his knowledge in aircon installation thus decided to engage Passionair to 1) Change all 3 rooms aircon from the existing Daikin to Mitsubishi Electric Inverters 2) change all 3 rooms gas and water piping 3) retain and service the living and dining Daikin aircons. The installation process includes: Day 1 - Remove all 3 rooms aircon and compressor, cut the false ceiling and lay all pipings; Day 2 - Complete the piping installation, service existing living, dining aircon and compressor; Day 3 - Install the new Mitsubishi aircons and compressor

IMG_1272.jpgArmaflex insulator and copper piping

IMG_1283.jpgNew and old piping

IMG_1293.jpg

New piping in place of old Daikin aircon

Was busy closing sales quarter so has not been updating on the renovation status.... To date, the plumbing, tiling, false ceiling are done and there will start painting the house. Guess how many people they sent to paint a 3 bedroom apartment .... FIVE :rolleyes: Anyway, I have some pictures to share on the progress....

IMG_1351.jpg false ceiling up....

IMG_1346.jpgmbr tiling done...

IMG_1350.jpgside partitions up for the pole system to be installed by Home Win on a later date

Oh another update, I have chosen Home Win over the rest to install the pole system wardrobe. Not only is their price the most competitive, Cathy (the lady boss) is also very knowledgeable and friendly. She has even offered to be around when my contractor installed the side partitions (not by her as it will be cheaper for me to engage my current false ceiling contractor since they are already doing up the place) so as to advise them on the dimension and location. Kudos to Cathy :good:

Contacted CCM Bendemeer and was told that they have stopped carrying Eubiq. They might still have some older models but you have to check with them before going down.

So I decided to contact ASL and talked to Eddy. He was able to provide advice thru the phone and I placed order with him straight after that. Moreover, he will be delivering the order tomorrow to my place. Wow...that's what I called SERVICE. :good:

This is what I have bought from ASL...1m Kitchen SH1 power track and 2 x UK + 2 x International plugs....

IMG_1326.jpg

Electrician came in on Friday to start work on the electrical and lighting points.....

IMG_1243.jpgIMG_1241.jpgIMG_1240.jpg

As my kitchen top is longish so considering if I should install a track of Eubiq system. Anyone has any experience to share and advice where is the best place to buy the system?

I am installing in my kitchen. Was quoted $496 for 2445cm run on the wall. But each adapter (which carries the socket) costs $60. So please bear in mind that if you have 10 appliances to connect, it will cost you $600 additional. I also bought tracks for all 3 rooms and study area. I can PM you the contact if you wish.

I am installing in my kitchen. Was quoted $496 for 2445cm run on the wall. But each adapter (which carries the socket) costs $60. So please bear in mind that if you have 10 appliances to connect, it will cost you $600 additional. I also bought tracks for all 3 rooms and study area. I can PM you the contact if you wish.

Actually Eddy from ASL gave me 15% off for the track and 30% for the plug adapter. So each adapter only cost me about $45.

Actually Eddy from ASL gave me 15% off for the track and 30% for the plug adapter. So each adapter only cost me about $45.

$60 was the price for the adapter with LED. If Eddy is cheaper I will get more adapters from him.

$60 was the price for the adapter with LED. If Eddy is cheaper I will get more adapters from him.

Why not compare your quote with Eddy's by calling him (you can get his number from ASL web site). If your's is cheaper, kindly PM the contact :notti:

Today was a busy day with Cathy from Home Win turning up at my place to take final measurement (3rd trip to my place), Daniel from Imperial showing us their range of solid surface for the vanity top and bay windows, Robin from Mirage Blind taking measurements, going thru the carpentry details with my ID (Ice and Lavendar) and the carpenter, folks from Nam Lee repairing the existing laundry system and receiving of aircons from Mitsubishi Electric and sanitary from Hoe Kee. Also, completing the delivery of items that I purchased from oversea directly.

IMG_1385.jpgGuys from Nam Lee fixing the existing laundry system

IMG_1387.jpgItems from Hoe Kee

IMG_1386.jpgMitsubishi Electric System 3 Inverter

IMG_1383-1.jpg

Items that I purchased from oversea (tap and shower faucets, pendant lamps, chandelier......) and luckily before the US dollar hike :yamseng:

IMG_1382.jpg

15m of waterproof, 60 LED per meter 5050 LED light strip (for changing of colors) to be used in various locations (kitchen, cove lighting....), each with it's own remote control (for changing of colors) and power supply. Costs me ~$200+ to bring them in.....

Edited by centrino2