Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
centrino2

Embark On A New Renovation Journey After 8 Years.....

Tonite met up with Jeffery from Defu Furniture wallpaper/curtain team for measurement. We purchased wallpaper for 4 walls as well as 2 bedroom blinds from them during a furniture expo show in July. Jeffery brought all the wallpapers that we have chosen earlier up to our house to finalize on the choices against our painted rooms. Thanks for carrying all the heavy wallpaper books alone :sport-smiley-003:

46d7d31d.jpgJeffery going thru the wallpaper book

611700f4.jpgmbr wallpaper a6c5b9ea.jpgdining wallpaper

Edited by centrino2

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We have decided to go with Imperial Products for the mbr vanity top and bay windows. Have anyone else use them before?

IMG_1445.jpg Winter Snow for mbr vanity top

IMG_1444.jpg Winter Glass for bay windows

It's been a month since the renovation started and the followings have happened:

1) Hacking of the:

• old kitchen cabinets
  • toilet wall/floor tiles/bath tub/sinks.....

2) plumbing works

3) installation of shower faucets, wc, water heater tank...

4) laying of tiles in the kitchen and toilets

5) removal of old Daikin aircons from all bedrooms, old conceal pipings, relay new pipings, clean/wash the living/dining Daikin aircons, install new Mitsubishi inverter aircons for all bedrooms by PassionAir

6) False ceiling installation

7) installing of electrical wiring, switches, sockets, downlights, T5/LED in light coves in living/mbr, yard/storeroom lights by electrician BJ

8) painting of the whole house

9) Repairing of the laundry system by Nam Lee

10) measurement and confirmation of pole system wardrobe by Home Win

11) measurement and confirmation of window grilles, wrought iron main gate by Tay Boon Tat

12) measurement and confirmation of blind and curtain by Mirage Blinds

13) confirmation of solid surfaces for vanity and bay windows by Imperial products

And of course some hiccups....cracked tiles from Hafary, rusty downlight from Philips, change of mbr door due to a deep scratch........

Amid all that our dream home is starting to take shape.....and can't wait for month 2 to begin thumbsup.gif

Edited by centrino2

Hi don mind can I check with u your aircon cost u how much mitsubishi inverter system 2 + installation & wires everything? U can pm me if u don wan to disclose the amount here thanks :)

Hi don mind can I check with u your aircon cost u how much Mitsubishi inverter system 2 + installation & wires everything? U can pm me if u don wan to disclose the amount here thanks :)

I have installed a Mitsubishi Electric System 3 Inverter aircon for the 3 bedrooms. Can't share the purchase price of the aircon as it was a special deal from a friend in Mitsubishi. I have engaged PassionAir to help with the overall installation for ~$1400 (concealed installation with removal of old piping and aircon). They have actually completed the installation but have yet to collect the balance of the payment as they are still waiting for the full renovation to be completed. They will only collect after they have tested the aircon installation with me at the end of the renovation. Great and very responsible company.

IMG_1417.jpgAircon covered after installation to ensure that subsequent renovation will not dirty it

Today the workers completed the polishing of both parquets in all bedrooms and the living/dinning marble floorings. The floors are now "shiningly ready" waiting for the carpentry to start work :sport-smiley-004:

26955b1d.jpgPolished marble flooring0391f0a3.jpgpolished parquet

00a68deb.jpgPolisher631c8af2.jpgworker going thru their rounds