Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
centrino2

Embark On A New Renovation Journey After 8 Years.....

Thanks Alot centrino2, order place. how long did u wait for the item to received ?

I received the LED within 5 days of them sending out....very efficient :good: Will you be installing it on your own or getting your electrician to do it?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Just came back from Casa Kidi, the children furniture store. Keen on their low loft bed for my daughter. Anyone purchase from them before? Would also like to know if there are anyone else in Singapore selling similar low loft bed? Thanks.

e93ba9a1.jpg351e3ddc.jpg

My scratched mbr door was changed by my ID last week. I was told that the color is different (see the toilet door next to it) because the door has yet to be lacquered....hope the color turns out ok. Although sad that I have to change the original door (feel that it's more solid) but I'm also happy that my ID took up the responsibility to change the door almost immediately without pushing the blame around as to who damaged the door in the first place. Well done Ice!!!

051b463b.jpg

The day we have been waiting for, the first day of carpentry work. The carpenter came today to start work in the kitchen, living room, common and mbr toilets. The base of kitchen cabinet and both toilet vanity are up first so that Builder Shops and Imperial Products can come in tomorrow to measure the tops.

08c47931.jpgKitchen cabinet

d74c0361.jpgFormica laminate

a4929827.jpgcommon vanity

c25f1243.jpgmbr vanity

794022f8.jpgliving room console waiting to be constructed

Edited by centrino2

Guys from Builder Shops and Imperial Products came to take measurement for the kitchen and vanity tops. While all the measurements are taking place, the carpenter continue with their works....

1b885972.jpgmbr vanity

fcdcff88.jpgLiving room TV console

184ea265.jpgID arranged timing and coordinating with the Builder Shops and Imperial folks although I engaged them on m own :good:

Edited by centrino2

It's quite interesting to see Builder Shops and Imperial folks brought with them strips of wood and start lining them along the whole surface of the top and staple them together. Been told by Builder Shops folk that I will have a joint for the kitchen top as the length is too long for it to get into the lift :(

d1882d49.jpgtaking menasurement of the kitchen top

73401e8b.jpgcommon toilet vanity

71825b20.jpgstrips of completed layout

Edited by centrino2

After receiving quotations from Elite, Midwest, Shalom, Santa Fe and Commando movers, we have decided to go with Elite. Choosing Elite partly due to the good reviews from Renotalk forumers, but mainly after talking to Bryan when he came to do a on-site survey and quotation. He is very confidence over their work and can feel that he has great experience in this line. Will comment more after Elite completes the move in Nov.

Today went home and shock to find out that my pull-out tall kitchen cabinet turns out to be a right flip open cabinet. Quickly gave a call to Ice (my ID) and she immediately calm us down and told us not to worry. She will communicate the change required to the carpenter.

05a8c300.jpg

We have also learned something new today. Actually smooth laminate can be painted too. You have to apply a layer of "Quick Dry Undercoat" before painting. Very happy with the end finishes :good:

P1030234.jpgBefore painting988d2670.jpgAfter painting

3b8e6e81.jpg

Edited by centrino2

Today my electrician finally install our dinning lamp, the "Caboche" pendant lamp. We liked the design a lot as the lamp is made of multiple small acrylic balls.

97ec5722.jpga9173605.jpgaa1b67a2.jpg

Apart from the dinning lamp, the electrician also fixed the LED strip under the top kitchen cabinet and full height pull-out tall cabinet. The carpenter also corrected the door of the full height cabinet to pull out instead of swing door. Happy at last :yamseng:

52f1a83c.jpgWhite Fujioh hood to go with the white top cabinet....LED light shinning down from the top cabinet

01aa0699.jpgb87677ec.jpgLED strip providing light to the pull-out tall cabinet

Bro Centrino

How is the pull out basket from Excel? Are they stainless steel and may I ask why you chose to buy from them rather from the others aka Song Cho, Hoe Kee etc

It's a good idea to fix the led strip inside the tall cabinet, is it the same loop as your led light from your kitchen top

Cabinet?

Bro Centrino

How is the pull out basket from Excel? Are they stainless steel and may I ask why you chose to buy from them rather from the others aka Song Cho, Hoe Kee etc

It's a good idea to fix the led strip inside the tall cabinet, is it the same loop as your led light from your kitchen top

Cabinet?

Yo Matrox

You know what, I'm not even sure what material is that :dunno: I think from the price I'm paying it should be Chrome.... I purchased the rack directly from Excel HW during one of the Expo furniture event. They are offering 30% off their almost $800 price tag, with free delivery.

As for the LED in the tall cabinet, your eyes sharp man :good: ....it's an extension from the kitchen top LED strip. I have it integrated and toggled on/off using a gang switch.

Feel that the current purchased LED in the cove is not bright enough for me so I have placed another order for a brighter LED strip which is on it's way to Singapore as we speak.....will comment on the brightness after I have it installed.

Bro Centrino

Me too just placed order last weekend for 8 reams of 5050 rgb but has not been shipped out leh. Not bright enuff? Then how, you gonna put double strips? Omg... I wonder if it'll be bright enough for us.

I wanna get wire basket for our kitchen cabinets but $$ no enough. Went to Song Cho and 1 set of pull out basket will cost us $200++ and will need quite a few but pocket too shallow. May I ask what do you intend to put in this baskets? Canned food? Sauces?