Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
centrino2

Embark On A New Renovation Journey After 8 Years.....

Bro Centrino

Me too just placed order last weekend for 8 reams of 5050 rgb but has not been shipped out leh. Not bright enuff? Then how, you gonna put double strips? Omg... I wonder if it'll be bright enough for us.

I wanna get wire basket for our kitchen cabinets but $$ no enough. Went to Song Cho and 1 set of pull out basket will cost us $200++ and will need quite a few but pocket too shallow. May I ask what do you intend to put in this baskets? Canned food? Sauces?

wow...8 rolls will be 40m of LED strips :jawdrop: will the LED strips be your only source of light in wherever u are placing them? u have to ensure that you expose them closer to the edge and double strips are good option to do if u have extra length.... I'm purchasing new LED strip which the vendor mentioned will be 50% brighter than the current one.

The pull-out tall basket system that I bought contains 5 chrome steel baskets and is soft closing. I think at $500+ for 5 is a better deal than the one from Song Cho. You might want to check with Excel HW if there is any promotion going on now. As for the items that will be put in the baskets, that will be the decision of my wife :rolleyes:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Today Elite mover came to deliver the empty boxes so that we can start our packing. They deliver a total of 60 boxes (10 new boxes for items like clothing), bubble pack, tapes and stickers. Impressed with their service level as today is a public holiday and they still deliver the boxes. Not only that, they explained the usage of each items and even show my wife (I'm not at home) the proper way of taping a box :rolleyes:

225a0a71.jpgu can see the box taped by Elite mover :rolleyes:

Home Win came to install the pole system this afternoon. The installer is a young man whom is very careful and tidy with his work. As the door is of a height of 2.8m, they have to carry the 3 doors up the stairs to my unit as they are too high for the lift. :sport-smiley-003: The lady boss Cathy also came at the end of the day to examine the installation. Overall, the pole system is nicely done up and the quality is to my expectation. Will strongly recommend them :good:

b935761d.jpg96b68abb.jpg3M doors

3f9504b9.jpgCathy inspecting the installation

5058a87e.jpgca9e93f2.jpgthe finished pole system

Imperial stone this morning came to install the solid surface for the mbr vanity top and bay windows. They were super fast with their works, installing the solid surfaces in less than an hour.

photo5.jpgphoto4.jpgmbr vanity top

photo6.jpg

photo7.jpg

f3ff4d07.jpgbay window

Received the new LED strip for my light cove yesterday. Comparing with the one I bought earlier, this LED strip comes with higher power output of 10A (compared to 5A), the controller is much bigger with RF remote control and the strip itself is broader as well, slightly different from those I have seen in the market. The vendor told me that the LED should be brighter by about 50%. I can only comment after I have my electrician install them in the cove.

f8ec51eb.jpgnew setdb2a710d.jpgprevious set

b8084366.jpgnew strip on the rightfd6755ce.jpg

@ centrino2

nice wardrobe u have there~

how big is your wardrobe?

guess im abit old school~ after looking at your wardrobe design..i would like to use pole system too...i wonder is it sufficient space for installing them..my estimated space for wardrobe 6.5ft....

@ centrino2

nice wardrobe u have there~

how big is your wardrobe?

guess im abit old school~ after looking at your wardrobe design..i would like to use pole system too...i wonder is it sufficient space for installing them..my estimated space for wardrobe 6.5ft....

Yo...my wardrobe is about 9ft. Understand from Home Win is that since pole system is customizable, it can fit into almost any sizes. Don't think there's any issue with 6.5ft, most probably you will only have 2 doors. I like the pole system as I can make full use of my ceiling height, customize the interior, change the config anytime (use alan key), power plugs in the wardrobe, TV wall mounted in the wardrobe (will be having my printer, Bluray player.....in there as well) and maybe dismantle and bring to my new place in future :good: One thing to note about Home Win is that they actually came to my place 4 times (survey and quote, actual measurement, was there to ensure the measurement is right when my false ceiling guy was taking measurement for the side partitions (use my own contractor) and final installation of the pole system) so as to ensure that their products meet my expectation. Actually it exceeded my expectation as the overall price is cheaper than those I have surveyed (the usual guys) and their materials felt solid. Even my ID is now keen to work with them on other projects :notti: I can PM u the contact if u're keen....

039ff5a0.jpg40" LED mounted in the wardrobe (yet to arrange the cables)

d445b7a2.jpgall doors closed

Edited by centrino2

i like your TV console, with lots of storage hahahaha :dancingqueen:

i will be having a similar 1, this is gonna be a BIG piece of carpentry

can you enlighten me ah, wats the main difference for LED and T5 tube?

i mean except for brightness, energy saving and wat else? i know LED also more expensive

we have no preference la, but i see that LED is the "in" thing now leh

i like your TV console, with lots of storage hahahaha :dancingqueen:

i will be having a similar 1, this is gonna be a BIG piece of carpentry

can you enlighten me ah, wats the main difference for LED and T5 tube?

i mean except for brightness, energy saving and wat else? i know LED also more expensive

we have no preference la, but i see that LED is the "in" thing now leh

yo babytan

Storage is definitely important man and not sure if I have enough based on the below design :blink: Would really like to see your design of your console....

11d54448.jpg

Actually I'm not expert in LED. I have both LED and T5 in my light coves. Feel that T5 is brighter than LED but LED color can be remotely changed and more fun to play with. As for price, LED downlight might be more expensive but I'm using LED strip in the cove. It is not as expensive as you thought. I can PM u the contact if you are keen.

wow!! your console looked like TRANSFORMER leh hahahahaha :P thanks for the pic kekkeke

oh mine would not have so much storage la, maybe just *you imagine*

TV Centre so

storage left and right and below Tv , row of drawers

we want to keep it simple with no protuding drawers as my boy is very rough, afraid tat he bang onto the edge of drawers

well, it is gonna be a very big piece of wood lo, my ID said the width almost like a wardrobe hahahah

we only family of 3 so now i got 2 x wardrobe, bay window storage cum shoe cabinet, kitchen cabinet, store room etc

many many place to store my barang, should be enough bah

haha centrino2,

Please send to me, my ID quoted me 6.5ft @$1950 :jawdrop:

I wonder is this pole system will be cheaper due to less carpentry but more SS pole material?

Am thinking for few hours how to design a nice and not so exp wardrobe.

Pole system will be a very good idea where next purchase i can relocate to other place (just like what you have thought about it :))

Now the question comes in. I will be doing false ceiling for MBR,

1) Do i need to install the pole system first, so that false ceiling will not be install directly above the pole system or

2) Pole system install directly under the false ceiling but im worry about the durability and sustainability when the load come in.

wow!! your console looked like TRANSFORMER leh hahahahaha :P thanks for the pic kekkeke

oh mine would not have so much storage la, maybe just *you imagine*

TV Centre so

storage left and right and below Tv , row of drawers

we want to keep it simple with no protuding drawers as my boy is very rough, afraid tat he bang onto the edge of drawers

well, it is gonna be a very big piece of wood lo, my ID said the width almost like a wardrobe hahahah

we only family of 3 so now i got 2 x wardrobe, bay window storage cum shoe cabinet, kitchen cabinet, store room etc

many many place to store my barang, should be enough bah

Now that u mentioned it does looks like transformer :rolleyes: Another pic with the 55" LED TV installed. We just thought of going for a not so common "a row of cabinet under the TV design" with lot's of storage space in mind....we called the cabinet "Double C" :rolleyes:

3a84f033.jpg

haha centrino2,

Please send to me, my ID quoted me 6.5ft @$1950 :jawdrop:

I wonder is this pole system will be cheaper due to less carpentry but more SS pole material?

Am thinking for few hours how to design a nice and not so exp wardrobe.

Pole system will be a very good idea where next purchase i can relocate to other place (just like what you have thought about it :))

Now the question comes in. I will be doing false ceiling for MBR,

1) Do i need to install the pole system first, so that false ceiling will not be install directly above the pole system or

2) Pole system install directly under the false ceiling but im worry about the durability and sustainability when the load come in.

yo Terence

PM liao.

My was actually installed under a false ceiling. Understand that you can do it 2 ways, both false ceiling can be installed first:

1) If you prefer to connect the pole directly to your ceiling (which is more sturdy), you can have your false ceiling build until after the wardrobe door, leaving space for the pole to be drilled into the ceiling. For this, you can install the false ceiling first. Cathy (or his people) will be there to work on the measurement with your false ceiling guy.

2) My option. Choose the poles (L shaped at the top end) that installed directly to the wall (slightly more expensive). I will have the false ceiling build across the whole of the wardrobe.

Looks nicer overall.

b935761d.jpg