Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
centrino2

Embark On A New Renovation Journey After 8 Years.....

Received the new LED strip for my light cove yesterday. Comparing with the one I bought earlier, this LED strip comes with higher power output of 10A (compared to 5A), the controller is much bigger with RF remote control and the strip itself is broader as well, slightly different from those I have seen in the market. The vendor told me that the LED should be brighter by about 50%. I can only comment after I have my electrician install them in the cove.

f8ec51eb.jpgnew setdb2a710d.jpgprevious set

b8084366.jpgnew strip on the rightfd6755ce.jpg

bro can confirm for the 4 key RF controller,

the choice of colours very limited right? as compared to the 44-key IR remote

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

bro can confirm for the 4 key RF controller,

the choice of colours very limited right? as compared to the 44-key IR remote

Yo Simon

Actually I have not installed or tested the 4 key RF controller or even asked the vendor when I purchased. Just want to get a brighter set of LED strip.

Matrox bought 40m of strips and it came with the same controller (as long as the length u specific is more than 5m). Not sure if she has installed the strips and if yes, maybe can comment :rolleyes:

Would like to share how my ID remind all workers/contractors working on my house to switch off lights and taps as well as take care of the flooring.....

贴大字报:deal:

8191e08f.jpg

Yo Simon

Actually I have not installed or tested the 4 key RF controller or even asked the vendor when I purchased. Just want to get a brighter set of LED strip.

Matrox bought 40m of strips and it came with the same controller (as long as the length u specific is more than 5m). Not sure if she has installed the strips and if yes, maybe can comment :rolleyes:

Ermmm... I have not installed yet but I have tested the LED strips with the controller... colors are limited to the few but it can be dimmed and it is sufficient for me le. Hope to have answered your question.

Bro Centrino

I like your faucets!! Very unique :yeah:

Ermmm... I have not installed yet but I have tested the LED strips with the controller... colors are limited to the few but it can be dimmed and it is sufficient for me le. Hope to have answered your question.

Bro Centrino

I like your faucets!! Very unique :yeah:

Thanks Matrox ;) Actually I didn't know beforehand that 1 of the original design actually won a reddot design award :good:

my previous 1 also duno wat brand solid top but i tink 1 grade lower than corian and i swear that i never want to use the same 1 again

cos it will kana stain very fast and i cant remove the stain...zzzz sumore can turn yellowish at some corners...biangzzz

i go and ask him wat brand, if compared to yours, then my $120psf is cheap liao

ya he did told me that need to pay for cutting and polishing but i think they just used left over to cut and depending on the size you want lo

yo cents bro, my BIG piece of "wood" is here hahahah

living.jpg

looked a bit boring as compared to yours but we are going for woody feel, so... looked like above but ask him to do some design la

yo cents bro, my BIG piece of "wood" is here hahahah

living.jpg

looked a bit boring as compared to yours but we are going for woody feel, so... looked like above but ask him to do some design la

Yo babytan

You are right regarding solid surface and even Corian will scratch and stain (also not cheap) :( So we decided to invest in the kitchen top this round and use Silestone instead. Like the fact that it's tough, non-porous and anti-bacteria nature.:good: For my case, they used the cut-out of the sink to make the shelving.... We only uses solid surface for the mbr toilet vanity and bay windows this round.

We don't really like woody feel so if you see any, most probably its original from the developer like wardrobe, door...... Share your new design once you have them ok :)

My renovation is almost coming to an end after more than 1 and half month. Today TBT came to install grilles and wrought iron gate. We actually don't really like the grey grille design but have to adhere to the condo design requirement :dunno: TBT installer was very kind to help us put up the Ikea blind that we bought at the yard window :good:

98d1bd0c.jpgboring design

5e3143d9.jpgTBT installer helps to put up the Ikea blind

For those who wanted to buy things from Piccolo House, it's time to do so as their year end sales has started. We went down to Piccolo House today to purchase a bed frame for my daughter today.:good:

401a5cdb.jpg1531d21d.jpg

We also went down to Ikea, thinking of buying another bed frame but found out that they have just amended their delivery and installation charges from 4th Nov. Now it's $55 for delivery (used to be $50 for $299 and below purchases and $55 for above) and 6% for installation with $30 as the minimum charge (used to be strictly 6%). Imagine if you are to buy a $99 table and request for delivery and installation, the overall charges will be $85 (almost the price of the table) :o

Robin from Mirage blinds called me today updating me on the honeycomb blind issue (he told me last week that the blind that we ordered has an issue). The original committed blind should come in 2 materials (one 60-70% light blockage and one 100% blackout) in a single blind which allowed us to play around with the material. The blind also allowed us to draw it top/down or bottom/up. With the blind suppose to be installed next Saturday, he told me that due to the usage of dual materials, it cannot be drawn bottom/up, only top down like normal blind. As we plan to allow light to come in from the top while having the blind open from middle to bottom for privacy at street level, the news is quite frustrating :furious: Understand that he over-committed and we will be moving in in 2 weeks time, he is asking us to put up the blind first while he checked if he could have the top material change to sheer, which will allow 80% light to pass thru. We are not really open to that suggestion as it might meant that he will be removing our blind again after it has been installed to make changes, with our furniture fully in placed. Robin will be contacting me again next week to discuss after he find out more on the details.......The only good thing about the whole issue is that he is not hiding from me but keep on calling me and updating me on the issue....offering options.

Last week I tried placing order for a tap from wholesale-faucet.com. Don't seems to find the design in the last few bathroom outlets that I have visited and thought that the red tap might goes well with my black galaxy vanity top in my mbr toilet.

0177D-1.jpg

The whole purchase process was easy and the tap arrived after 5 days. It came with the necessary fitting and the tap is actually very heavy.

photo.jpg

The only setback was after close examination, found a mark (not shadow) on the tip of the lever which cannot be removed by rubbing. Not sure what is that and is now waiting for wholesale-faucet.com to respond to my query.

IMG_1090.jpg

Hi, did wholesale-faucet get back to you? Wondering if you would recommend buying faucet from them (again)?

Thanks.

BTW, your renovation is looking good! :good:

Hi, did wholesale-faucet get back to you? Wondering if you would recommend buying faucet from them (again)?

Thanks.

BTW, your renovation is looking good! :good:

Yo renotm

Thanks for compliment :D Reno mostly done with another 2 weeks to go......

As for the handle, wholesale-faucet did send over a new handle as well as a cleaning solution. The cleaning solution actually solved the problem. All my faucets are up and working fine. As I've not move in yet and use them on a daily basis, so no comment on the quality. But if based on the installation, comment from the plumber, price I'm paying and their service, I will buy from them again for my next renovation. They even have a customer service answering your queries on-line everyday :good:

Yo renotm

Thanks for compliment :D Reno mostly done with another 2 weeks to go......

As for the handle, wholesale-faucet did send over a new handle as well as a cleaning solution. The cleaning solution actually solved the problem. All my faucets are up and working fine. As I've not move in yet and use them on a daily basis, so no comment on the quality. But if based on the installation, comment from the plumber, price I'm paying and their service, I will buy from them again for my next renovation. They even have a customer service answering your queries on-line everyday :good:

Great! Thanks! Will get my faucets from them. :yamseng:

I received the LED within 5 days of them sending out....very efficient :good: Will you be installing it on your own or getting your electrician to do it?

Hi Centrino2,

Can i have the link to your led cove light too?

Been thinking of having led lights for the whole house including dining area. Warm white lights usually produce alot of heat after a while and makes the area hot.

Many thanks in advance!