Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
centrino2

Embark On A New Renovation Journey After 8 Years.....

Next was the arrival of the Sharp ESN80GSA top load washing machine. Choosing this model mainly because it came with a hole less drum that supposing protect the fabric as well as conserve water. Also it looks interesting with its rounded "belly" ;)

bf036c8b.jpg

14e9429b.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

After the washing machine, the gentleman from SP Services came to switch on the gas and connect the pipe to the hob. He actually arrived 1 hour before the appointment. Didn't know beforehand that he will remove the old meter and replace it with a new one, starting the reading from zero....interesting :notti:

9aa1dee3.jpgNew meter starting the count up.....

d652fe92.jpg6b858387.jpgConnecting the pipe to the hob

a4a812de.jpgDone....

yeah man..was told 1x down-light cost $33?

I need 20x for living hall

4 for CR1

4 for CR2

6 for MBR

4 for Kitchen

Total i need 38 down-lights..any lobang where to get cheap n good deal? :notti:

wah bro, so many downlights arh? anyway i got mine brandless dual socket E27 bulb holder from Chan Huat Lighting along Balestier there at $20 each, you can try them?

for more branded ones like Philips can try lightings.com.sg, cost wise 30++ to 40++ for E27 holders, not sure for PLC types thou.

Cheers!

MeRfMeRf

haha Simontsh,ayukie,centrino2,MeRfMeRf& matrox :rolleyes:

I bet you guys got more intensive lighting compare to me :P

Yeah,,shiong...

1x downlight cost say $30x 40 =$1200

1x lighting point $48x 40= $1920 :jawdrop:

Total Damage = $3120 :jawdrop:

Centrino2 also got lots of cove light i reckon hehe

haha what is changi style lightings bro~ :dribble: sounds good i guess?

Mind to share some infor for E27 holders & PLC types?

Now u guys scared me on the costing liow~ :deal:

Nice meeting btw! hehe :good:

Yeah,,shiong...

Changi style means like changi airport lor, super bright. Night time also bright like day LOL

For me i have less than 20 downlights wor

4 for dining 5 for lighting 2 for corridor

6 for mbr

Use aquafit for bathrooms. Cheapo light for store kitchen and bedrooms haha. Going to compliment with floor lamps for brightness.

E27 is the type of base. For g9 g10 g24 etc etc

Plc is the type of bulbs. Got plc, halogen LED

So theres E27 halogen, energy saving and led bulb.

If using bulbs that operate with considerable heat, better to observe if the enclosed area for the bulb is good enough to regulate the heat

Most bulbs blow because of overheating

Changi style means like changi airport lor, super bright. Night time also bright like day LOL

For me i have less than 20 downlights wor

4 for dining 5 for lighting 2 for corridor

6 for mbr

Use aquafit for bathrooms. Cheapo light for store kitchen and bedrooms haha. Going to compliment with floor lamps for brightness.

E27 is the type of base. For g9 g10 g24 etc etc

Plc is the type of bulbs. Got plc, halogen LED

So theres E27 halogen, energy saving and led bulb.

If using bulbs that operate with considerable heat, better to observe if the enclosed area for the bulb is good enough to regulate the heat

Most bulbs blow because of overheating

Yo Simon

U sure knows quite a bit on lighting :good:

For my house, I have 25 Phillips downlights, cove lightings (T5 and LED strips) **** and mbr, LED strips at kitchen cabinet, TV console, pole wardrobe, "Caboche" pendant light at dinning, chandelier at br1, "hot air balloon" pendant light at br2, "crystal ball" ceiling lights at yard and bomb shelter. We love round lights....a little bit of the feng shui stuffs.

Casa Italy delivered our long sofa on Saturday afternoon. The white full leather sofa is 3.8m+ long, stretches across my living room and leaving just enough space my the Cellini recliner. We actually have plan to have a small round coffee table between the sofa and the recliner but now have to decide only after looking at the space left with the recliner in (Cellini delivering the recliner on Wed). :dunno:

c324d916.jpgcd41b152.jpg3ad76a9c.jpg

Yeah,,shiong...

based on what i've read and research from rt, i choose E27 over PLC:

1. E27 does not require an additional ballast while PLC requires one.

2. E27 supposedly comsumes lesser energy if wattage is equal to a bulb for PLC type as the PLC has additional Ballast

3. The Ballast of a PLC generates heat on top of the bulb and might eventually have a ssssssss sound emitting from it due to wear and tear but rarely requires changing.

4. E27 is flicker-free while PLC will flick before lighting up.

the only major con in choosing E27 would be the bulbs being more expensive then PLC types.

@centrino2,

:good: nice white sofa dude, i think the length just nice, fills up the stretch along the wall. cant wait to see the recliner!

Yo Simon

U sure knows quite a bit on lighting :good:

For my house, I have 25 Phillips downlights, cove lightings (T5 and LED strips) **** and mbr, LED strips at kitchen cabinet, TV console, pole wardrobe, "Caboche" pendant light at dinning, chandelier at br1, "hot air balloon" pendant light at br2, "crystal ball" ceiling lights at yard and bomb shelter. We love round lights....a little bit of the feng shui stuffs.

nah i am just the average joe. my knowledge is limited to whatever is available from other users' experience or whatever information that is made available by suppliers.

imo lightings have to be decided base on many factors, like user preference (see already must be shiok or at least comfortable), physical limitations like height of apartment/floor area, cost concerns like electrical usage and even environmental differences

for e.g. if u are living on high floor, and have a windy apartment, or u are polar bear and forever switch on aircon one, then probably halogen bulbs can be used since they provide the best ambiance at the expense of high electrical cost.

but if you low floor, and dun use aircon....even if u are okay with spending alot on electricity, the halogen bulbs will blow faster since the temperature is going to be much higher. worse if the design of the light fitting is absymal

Alot of the lights we see from EU/US, take note their weather is much much different from ours. usually they have much cooler weather. thus what works there might not work here. (this is the exact case for IKEA)

which was the case for some downlights that I saw along balestier. the vendor say design from EU/US. branded blah blah. the downlight is almost enclosed yet the vendor suggested using normal incandescent bulbs. :bangwall:

I can't wait to install the lights! When do we get our electrician to come down for the installation? After carpentry? Or before? If before than they need to make 2 trips?

based on what i've read and research from rt, i choose E27 over PLC:

1. E27 does not require an additional ballast while PLC requires one.

2. E27 supposedly comsumes lesser energy if wattage is equal to a bulb for PLC type as the PLC has additional Ballast

3. The Ballast of a PLC generates heat on top of the bulb and might eventually have a ssssssss sound emitting from it due to wear and tear but rarely requires changing.

4. E27 is flicker-free while PLC will flick before lighting up.

the only major con in choosing E27 would be the bulbs being more expensive then PLC types.

@centrino2,

:good: nice white sofa dude, i think the length just nice, fills up the stretch along the wall. cant wait to see the recliner!

The length is actually longer than what we have in mind so have to make the best out of it :dunno:

nah i am just the average joe. my knowledge is limited to whatever is available from other users' experience or whatever information that is made available by suppliers.

imo lightings have to be decided base on many factors, like user preference (see already must be shiok or at least comfortable), physical limitations like height of apartment/floor area, cost concerns like electrical usage and even environmental differences

for e.g. if u are living on high floor, and have a windy apartment, or u are polar bear and forever switch on aircon one, then probably halogen bulbs can be used since they provide the best ambiance at the expense of high electrical cost.

but if you low floor, and dun use aircon....even if u are okay with spending alot on electricity, the halogen bulbs will blow faster since the temperature is going to be much higher. worse if the design of the light fitting is absymal

Alot of the lights we see from EU/US, take note their weather is much much different from ours. usually they have much cooler weather. thus what works there might not work here. (this is the exact case for IKEA)

which was the case for some downlights that I saw along balestier. the vendor say design from EU/US. branded blah blah. the downlight is almost enclosed yet the vendor suggested using normal incandescent bulbs. :bangwall:

Still say average joe....:rolleyes:

I can't wait to install the lights! When do we get our electrician to come down for the installation? After carpentry? Or before? If before than they need to make 2 trips?

It depends on the amount of work (number of switches, light points to install) u have for them. Also, do you have any special requirement for them e.g. for my case I have my electrician BJ came up on a separate trip to install the Eubiq track after the glass backsplash is up. All in all, BJ made 4 trips to my house (no cost adder, all based on the initial quote:

1) Work through the plan with my ID

2) To install downlights and switches after the false ceilings were completed

3) Install LED strips and pendant lights after the carpentry was done up

4) Install the new LED strips and Eubiq track, touching up edges with silicon

Edited by centrino2

It depends on the amount of work (number of switches, light points to install) u have for them. Also, do you have any special requirement for them e.g. for my case I have my electrician BJ came up on a separate trip to install the Eubiq track after the glass backsplash is up. All in all, BJ made 4 trips to my house (no cost adder, all based on the initial quote:

1) Work through the plan with my ID

2) To install downlights and switches after the false ceilings were completed

3) Install LED strips and pendant lights after the carpentry was done up

4) Install the new LED strips and Eubiq track, touching up edges with silicon

Hmm... in this case think will get our electrician to come up to install the lights and switches after the carpentry is up but before installing the doors. Cos some of the switches are mounted on the carpentry... but better confirm with electrician first... can be smart but not overly smart :sport-smiley-004:

Finally let's talk about the blind. Remember I said weeks back that Mirage Blinds cannot deliver the committed dual fabrics blind with top/down and bottom/up features. Well Robin insisted that I have the blind installed first before deciding if I will want to have the top layer remove. So I have them install the blind on Saturday. From the below pic you can see that the top layer only allows about 20-30% of light to pass thru and that's not what I want. I want more light to pass thru from the top when I bottom up the blind so that I have privacy at my bed height level and still allowing light to come into the house. In the end I have their guy to remove the top layer on-site.....and it took them almost 2 hours.....

013f4ee7.jpgc7fd34fb.jpg

65b50fb8.jpgbc29142f.jpgremoving the top layer

And finally the blind with one layer of black-out material, able to do top/down and bottom/up.....what we really want. Left blind combination of top/down and bottom/up, centre blind bottom/up and right blind top/down :good:

77e05584.jpg

Realize something interesting about the "Caboche" pandent light. It actually project a round shape like a moon on the wall when switched on.

5f293c40.jpg

And when you switch the downlight instead, it will reflect a ring shape on the ceiling....:rolleyes:

415d1658.jpg