Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
centrino2

Embark On A New Renovation Journey After 8 Years.....

Hi,

Am new to this forum, was reading thr' your renov progress with interest. Am going to start my own renov with selected ID soon.

can PM me your LED lights contact pls?

Cheers,

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

New addition for my home, Vornado 660 Circulator. Purchased and shipped directly from Vornado US, it's the latest Vornado model. It's piano finishing is different from the model that's available in Singapore, model 733. Surprised that it really works, circulating the air in the room. :yamseng:

4876db35.jpg6efabdc2.jpg0b095c62.jpg

Hi Centrino2,

Got your Led contact. Thks!

I see that you have bought the Vornado fan. Kim76 must have given good review on it too?

Any idea what would be the difference betwn buying from amazon vs from vornado directly?

I see amazon selling this model at $99.99 Including free shipping...

Contemplating using a Vornado fan at my study room of my new place.. instead of ceiling fan....more portable (to use at other areas when required), cheaper to buy, no installation cost..but worried about warranty coverage since it is purchased directly from us online store. What is the warranty coverage? Also, is the coverage and effectiveness comparable to ceiling fans?

I have ceiling fans in all my rooms of current house and love the circulation it provides.

Thks!

Hi Centrino2,

Got your Led contact. Thks!

I see that you have bought the Vornado fan. Kim76 must have given good review on it too?

Any idea what would be the difference betwn buying from amazon vs from vornado directly?

I see amazon selling this model at $99.99 Including free shipping...

Contemplating using a Vornado fan at my study room of my new place.. instead of ceiling fan....more portable (to use at other areas when required), cheaper to buy, no installation cost..but worried about warranty coverage since it is purchased directly from us online store. What is the warranty coverage? Also, is the coverage and effectiveness comparable to ceiling fans?

I have ceiling fans in all my rooms of current house and love the circulation it provides.

Thks!

Yo Luxray,

I bought from Vornado during their "Father's Day promotion" @ $99.99 with free shipping. Think it should be the same if you are buying from amazon. If you are worried about warranty, then you might need to purchase locally. Think the warranty will only be effective if I sent the fan back to US which don't think will be doing that.

I'm using the fan in my dining area. To me the main diff between fan and vornado is that you will feel that it's a continual breezy feeling around the dining area when using a vornado compare with direct wind blowing at you from a fan.

1343897660' post='736644']

Hi Centrino2, how much you pay for the vornado after the shipping and conversion to Singapore dollars.Thanks

Hi lahgal,

I paid about S$250.

1343974526' post='736781']

Hi Centrino2, your Vornado should be running 110V since it's from Amazon yeah? How you get past it to use in SG? Seperate adaptor / transformer?

TIA.

Hi thedoctor,

I use a step down transformer to convert the power from 230v to 110v..... Actually the fan only need about 50+W at max speed but kiasu so use a 200W tongue.gif Can use for other 110v stuffs.....

56841844.jpg

Thanks Centrino2! May I know where you get the transformer and how much it cost? Is it big? It will be weird to have another big device beside the fan... :)

Hi doc,

I bought the 200W from Sim Lim Tower at $40. As mentioned, you can actually half the price for a lower wattage transformer and non-auto voltage switching. The one I bought is auto-voltage switching. And frankly, it's quite big as it's 200W. The lower wattage transformer will be smaller.