Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MingzhuAng

A Place Of Our Own.

Hi El LoCo,

thanks. :D It's actually a 5i unit, so its about 120 to 122sqm. EA would have 130sqm then.. If its EA, the mbr would have been much bigger and i can have what i wanted all in the MBR already. Since hb's parents had an EA with the same layout, i can say its really very big. They had a 19ft wardrobe. So envy...

Hi Neighbour, i'm staying at Serangoon Ave 3. You have a very large space. I like your layout! Spacious!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Updates.

Still doing flooring just that the living area are all tiled, now left with all the rooms. Flooring, quick quick!!

Living hall

DSCF1460.jpg

Passage way to rooms.

DSCF1461.jpg

Just want to rant a bit about life, bear with me a little.

Over the weekends, i have attended 2 biggest event in a person's life out of the 3. And they are of 2 different extremes. On sat it is a joyous event for a celebration of a friend's marriage. And the next day, was passing of a friend who is a year younger then me. Although, we know that he doesn't have much time, but upon knowing the news i can't get over the fact that he is gone. He may not be my close friend, but he is a good friend of mine, who brings joy and laughter to us, a very sincere person, a very loyal friend, a friend who will offer good advices and an excellent classmate. We may not contact often, but when hb and me ROM-ed and bought our new house. He is more excited then us and had dreams and vision with his then girlfriend, but now wife, of owning their own house and their own marriage. Actually we have many plans that involves him, like group holidays, weddings etc..

And today, it came as a shocking news to me, just when i woke up on this afternoon, as i couldn't believe what i heard, because i was thinking of him for the pass few days and wanted to give him a call. And i didn't know i was so late. I should have done that when i immediately thought of him. And he made all of us who knew him realized, we shouldn't say things like "life s-.u-.c.-.k-.s". When he came to realized he is at the last stage of cancer on this February, and going through the process of treatment, he is still cheerful, and strong to face this news, and kept thinking of us during the treatment period. And he passed away too sudden, he was fine and happy the previous day and gone on the next. At paying my last visit of him, i couldn't help but having flash back of the days when we were schooling, how we handle many difficult situations and projects together. And fate brought us together, as secondary schoolmate and also poly classmate, we thought we'll be friends till we age. And knowing that he has many dreams and vision in life, i came to realized, as much as how difficult and hard life is to us. We shouldn't give up easily, complain and work towards it. And we shouldn't take things for granted. A friend who will be in my memories forever.

Hi Neighbour, i'm staying at Serangoon Ave 3. You have a very large space. I like your layout! Spacious!!

Hey, we have the same tiles color theme for the MBR toilet! using the darker color for the shower area as well.

Nice!

Hihi Serangoon4room,

My house is at Ave 3 too, but it is Serangoon North Ave 3. Not too far away too! Thanks for visiting.

And we have the same taste too! :D

I love your marble flooring!

Hi SophiaCheng,

thank you! :D

Updates for today.

Flooring all done, left with skirting. Initially, wanted to skip on the skirting, but contractor says it will be hard as the gap has to be really small between the wall and the floor. So, to give and take, do the skirting lo..

Main door kerb is done. View from outside.

DSCF1473.jpg

View from within the house.

DSCF1474.jpg

View from main entrance.

DSCF1472.jpg

DSCF1470.jpg

DSCF1468.jpg

MBR

DSCF1467.jpg

DSCF1464.jpg

Didn't really visited our new house, as i was really busy this week. Friend's funeral, another friend's birthday, my dog BB is sick, and i have to see doctor too. Plus have to prepare for our overseas trip. I felt this week is the longest week in my life. So tiring.

For BB, he has toxic poisoning. He must have dug the rubbish that my dad thrown into our small rubbish bin under the coffee table, but no worries now. He is fine now, just that he has to be under medication for 2 week and Sunday we have to bring him back for appointment. I was so shocked that day when he vomited, and he ran to one corner, vomited again and laid down urinated. After that not moving an inch when we called him, when i carried him up, his body was so soft and no strength, but he is still concious, eyes moving but not his body. His gums and tongue turned very pale. And in that state he poo-ed and urinated at the same time, but wasn't diarrhea. So we rushed him to the vet, upon reaching the vet's carpark, he started moving a little, and recovered his strength. He almost got hospitalized, but we prefer to monitor him our own. So we brought him back. And now, he is back to normal, disturbing us as usual, and stalking all of us who has food on our hands, but too bad, vet says he can only eat his dog food. No apples, no carrots, no treats, nothing. I think that will be better too, on days when he is not too well, we gave him nothing other then his main course too.

Hope your dog gets well soon!

Hi yaolong,

thanks. :D BB is doing very well today. Even barking at passing by strangers who he has never seen before and his no. 1 most hate person, garang guni-s. Even started barking, before the garang guni reached my door step, and we were in my room with the door closed.

Hi yaolong,

thanks. :D BB is doing very well today. Even barking at passing by strangers who he has never seen before and his no. 1 most hate person, garang guni-s. Even started barking, before the garang guni reached my door step, and we were in my room with the door closed.

Haha...all dogs hated garang guni! Nice to know that yr bb is doing well...I cannt sleep or eat if my Dino is unwell too...

Haha...all dogs hated garang guni! Nice to know that yr bb is doing well...I cannt sleep or eat if my Dino is unwell too...

haha.. ya, but BB's case is super agitated when he sees garang guni. He will jump up at my metal gate, and my metal gate will shake, then he will jump from the door frame on the left to right and vice versa, until the garang guni is out of his sight. If i'm beside him, he may not do it. If i'm somewhere far, this will happen, and when the garang guni sees him, they normally don't dare to horn and shout.

No updates today. Went to new house to meet contractor, not much done, as our marble tiles took 10 days to complete. Most probably tomorrow or friday and saturday will be plastering of the whole house due to the rock style wall surface. Tomorrow will be going Malaysia with bbf since hb can't make it, to buy ceiling fan. Thanks my bbf very much.

And contractor told us that next week would be wiring plus false ceiling, but next week hb and i would not be in SG. Most prob might get my dad to monitor progress for us then. He should be a lot more familiar.

Oh.. i'm wondering if i should choose Nippon paint or ICI paint. Heard that Nippon is more lasting. Actually, i'm more towards Nippon, then again the new wash and wear or midifresh. So hard to make decision lo.. Life is full of decision.. Anyone can advice? :D

Hi MingzhuAng, our floorplans are really quite similar! and we have the same toilet wall tiles too...hehe. All the best for your renovation! It would be exciting to see the finished product :)

Just came back yesterday, and realized our house only plastering was done. I'm calling my contractor tomorrow and check with him what's the next step.

The trip was a relaxed and fun one, despite i was unwell on the day when we got to take the flight. And i was having fever on the 12 hours flight. While for hb, he had gastric condition when we're there, as he couldn't adapt to the time difference, as he is someone who takes his meals on super routine time. The day when he came back, he told me his appetite came back and feeling good. So i shouted "WEAK!" in his face.

During the stay at hb sister's place, i think i passed the virus to her. And she was very sick on the 6th day when we were still there.

Before we left for our trip, we visited our new flat and check things out, it was a sunday and the plaster guy is actually plastering our house.

DSCF1486.jpg

DSCF1485.jpg

DSCF1482.jpg

And when we are back we went to take a look again.

DSCF1580-1.jpg

DSCF1582-1.jpg

DSCF1585-1.jpg

Some parts weren't done well, as it does not look even. I'll call my contractor and check with him on this.

Edited by MingzhuAng