Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MingzhuAng

A Place Of Our Own.

Finally, we have changed our track light, light bulbs to led, its a 3 bulb led in a single spot light bulb, 5W led light bulb. When we bought it, the person told us, its a lot better if we can get the the current track light driver changed to led driver.. So, we bought it and let our contractor to ask his electrician to change for us. And without grumble, they did!!

Compare to halogen light its a lot cooler.. Its not as bright as halogen, but we have never intended it to be our main light.. Just an ambiance light.. Its good enough that it can save our electricity bill and not as warm as halogen. Since, for the door way light, we will on it for at least 8 to 12 hours as night light when we're sleeping.

DSCF1781.jpg

DSCF1780.jpg

This is the led driver.. forgot to take pic of the bulb...

IMG-20111230-00203.jpg

Kitchen cabinet lighting..

DSCF1782.jpg

DSCF1785.jpg

Initially, our contractor told us may not be done for one particular cabinet, as it is too short. Since, i did the measurement before hand for that cabinet, and asked hb to buy a 1 feet tube light and leave it at our new house. I guess, when my contractor and the sub con found that light tube, my contractor and his sub con tried their best to do it. To my surprise, they actually did it.

What i liked about my contractor and his sub con is that, things are all done to my standard, whatever should have done, they does it. Sometimes my contractor may tell me, it may not be done, but they always try their very best to get it done. And I'm always surprised. You see, hb and me are easy going people. So, sometimes contractor tells us, it may not be done beforehand. Although, a little disappointed at first, yet when ever we went to our house, its done up and up to my requirement and standard. I guess, we really found the right person to do our house.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

nicely reno!

From the above pictures~ i notice that we have the same ugly toilet piping...3 portion piping just like yours.

can u pm me how much it cost to box up the whole piping for your MBR?

Thanks~

ohh yeah, regarding the glossy laminate for the kitchen that worries me is the scratches in the future lo but it do look nice hehe

I think thinking should i go for glossy or matt :yamseng:

Nice progress!!! Ur kitchen is big and spacious. It looks really good with the black galaxy installed and complement the cream cabinent well. Swee oh!

nicely reno!

From the above pictures~ i notice that we have the same ugly toilet piping...3 portion piping just like yours.

can u pm me how much it cost to box up the whole piping for your MBR?

Thanks~

ohh yeah, regarding the glossy laminate for the kitchen that worries me is the scratches in the future lo but it do look nice hehe

I think thinking should i go for glossy or matt :yamseng:

Hi Terencetcw,

For the toilet box up, its done with cement board, due to durability. So, it is a little ex.. about 200 to 300. I asked a partition, and false ceiling expert before, its about 200 to 300 range. Actually before that i wanted to ask the expert to do for me, but due to the coordination work, we pay a little more to let our contractor do it. Else, the false ceiling and partition expert charges really cheap.. Anyway, this box up is included in the false ceiling work and L box work, so exact sum I'm not sure, but I'm sure the max should be 380 bucks..

Kitchen cabinets, from what i understand from my mother is that, for glossy material, if you cook often may have to wipe often, else the surface will be sticky. Matt surface will not have this issue, perhaps wipe few times per year. Then again, glossy surface looks a lot nicer, and it will reflect light a little. And for small and dark kitchen, it will look more spacious.

We choose glossy partly hb wants it and our kitchen in the day is a little dark. Hence, we decided to go for glossy ones. :)

Hopes my information helps you a little..

Nice progress!!! Ur kitchen is big and spacious. It looks really good with the black galaxy installed and complement the cream cabinent well. Swee oh!

Hi pinkwhale,

thanks for dropping by and your compliment. :) We have actually reduces our wet kitchen a little, as we felt we don't have the need for the big space for wet kitchen. Also perhaps, we have used white and light color except the granite, hence it looks spacious. light colors and neutral color will never go wrong.. :)

Edited by MingzhuAng

My polished marble floor.. Love it to bits..

DSCF1787.jpg

Finally the light above the WC is added..

DSCF1789.jpg

I'm left with 3 small items which contractor has missed and we're done..

hi, what brand ceiling fan did u install for yr rooms?

im looking for ceiling fans with lights as my rooms do not have downlights. are the lights from the ceiling fan bright enough for the bedroom?

hi, what brand ceiling fan did u install for yr rooms?

im looking for ceiling fans with lights as my rooms do not have downlights. are the lights from the ceiling fan bright enough for the bedroom?

Hi gingerbelle,

the lights are in the form in 3, 4 and 5. In fact for my room size, 3s for the corners are a little dark, so we have downlights. While for my parent's room currently, 3s are too bright for them. If you are afraid light kit in form of 3 is too dark, you can get the light kit in 4 or 5. Anyway, there is a string which you can change the light to switch on 1, 2, or 3 light bulb. Of course, there is option of remote control, but hb and me feel that these remote controls are troublesome, as we always misplace our remote controls. If you get the light kit in 5, and you find that it is too bright, you can just on 3 of them, or even 4 of them.

Hi Mingzhu,

Where did you get the LED and track lights? The price looks good. How much did you pay for the LED bulb?

Thanks

Hi NeoBY,

I have sent you the company name where i bought the led light bulb and driver. The led bulbs and driver comes as a set is $18, but this price is without gst. Track light you can get from lightings.com.sg, i bought it at the same price as lightings.com.sg.

Edited by MingzhuAng

How much the ID quote u on polishing floor?

My polished marble floor.. Love it to bits..

DSCF1787.jpg

Finally the light above the WC is added..

DSCF1789.jpg

I'm left with 3 small items which contractor has missed and we're done..

Hihi,

May I check with you where to get this silicone sealer? My contractor can't seems to find it in any hardware shops.

Can't PM you, so got to ask you here. Thanks a lot!

Hi angelbutterfly,

Oh! You have super good eye sight! The things are so messy and you can see it.

yeah, my mother in law asked my hb to give the contractor the silicone tubes. As she mentioned they are really good ones compared to those normal ones and slightly more expensive. Since, they are in the hardware business, so i guess they should know which is good or bad.

They are anti mold and mildew, but not fungal, as mold and mildew is just subset of fungal. Fungal comes in many subset. And my mother in law and hb emphasize that it has 25 years guarantee, a bit over exaggerated but since they dare to put it, it should be then.

The brand is Fuller, 770. When we gave to contractor, he knows the brand too. So i guess, it is pretty popular.

DSCF1371.jpg

Hihi,

May I check with you where to get this silicone sealer? My contractor can't seems to find it in any hardware shops.

Can't PM you, so got to ask you here. Thanks a lot!

Oppss.. very long never log in.. This could be found in most industrial hardware shop. We got this from my hb's hardware shop. :)