Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wslim1974

Bad Experience Thus Far With Porzia Concept Design

Hi all ,

I had paid a deposit for construction of built in wardrobe to Porzia Concept Design. Paid a $300 deposit at the Singapore expo and further $2700 when Kelvin come down to my new place to take measuremen 2 weeks ago. The installation day is today (23/08/2011)!

Today I tried to call Kelvin and the carpenter who came to my place to retake measurements, which is fishy business , installation is today and yesterday request to come and retake measurements?

To my shock, no body pick up my call at all and no one comes to my place to install the wardrobe!!!!! I understand from other discussions that some others also had bad experience with Kelvin(from Porzia concept) and that they have also change name a few times and most of the problem relates to laminate flooring.

So I would like to seek help from fellow forummers:

1) if u have make a police report, which police station u go to and who u spoke to?

2) for the forummer who engage the debt collector, what is the outcome and can u recommend the debt collector to me also!

3) how many who feedback at this forum still had not got the stuff as per contract.

I urge anyone of u who have similar experience to contact me and we can do something together cos I find it ironical that this guys can go on like this for so long!

Pls contact me at wslim1974@yahoo.com

Regards

Lim

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I thought the company name says it all, Ponzai Concept, similar sounding to Ponzi Concept. I believe a police report is useless at this moment as u cant proved that he has cheated yr money. Better to engage a debt collector who got connection.

By engaging debt collector won't help your case. At most they could only help to sent a couple of "Dunning Letters" to them, simply put it, they have no legal rights / power to bring the baddies to court. Unless you are talking about engaging a legal service from a law firm, who can then send a letter of demand which cost abt 100 bucks before GST. Afterwhich, if still no response from Ponzai Concept, Writ of Summon can be issued to them which cost abt $1.5k. With this issued to them is as good as taking them to the court as a civil lawsuit if they refuse to respond again. This was my experience gained while I'm working for a company as a legal debt collector and I hope my 2 cents worth can be of any help to you.

In any case, take this as a costly lesson learnt. Next time, before you commence on your reno, do a thorough research on all the ID firms that you have short-listed. I believed you can find tons of topics / posts about the ID Firms. Assess their creditibility and trustworthiness through word-of-mouth from fellow forumers.

Good luck ... :)

Btw, it is common that the ID took the measurement, and the carpenter took the measurement again. This was what happened to us during our reno process also. As the saying goes, seeing is believing. Let's see what's gonna happened in the next couple of days and hopefully everything will turn out well for you. :)

Cant let him off juz like that! Call his office,mobile, email him, if got website, feedback!

Must get back the money. Worse case scenario, put it up in STOMP. ;)

hi all,

I also had paid 300$ as deposit, but did not take the service yet. Once Kelvin came down to take measurement and said will later call and come for the actual work. But since then there has been no response. Tried calling them many times but no one picked. On trying to launch their website to check if number has changed, found that the website is removed. Now found this thread. Any suggestions on how the money can be retrieved? believe police complaint will not help becos, they have not done the service yet. Dont want to engage them and lose more.. Any suggestions pls..

regards

lee