Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JamisD

Panasonic Na-148Vg3 Washing Machine

Hii All,

Would like to know if anyone own this 10kg or 8kg washer.

Like to find out its performance in terms of water & energy efficiency.

Currently owns a Panasonic old generation 7Kg top load, still going strong but find that water consumption too high, bearing in mind that electricity price just upped lately.

Thanks in Advance! :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi there,

I'm keen to know how this is performing too. I like the big door of Panasonic Econavi series. Am considering this versus the Samsung 7.5kg front load model. My frens bought the Samsung and so far quite happy with it, though my mum strongly recommends Panasonic.

Hope to hear from users who have bought the Panasonic NA-140VG3 (10kg) or NA-148VG3 (8kg) :)!

Correction : I am considering the 10KG model which is NA-140VG3.

To BlackSesame, I guess the better choice will still be Panasonic (japanese brand), I am still using my old top load National brand washer and it is still working fine after more than 12 years, the only disadvantage is water consumption rather high else will still stick to it.

Hi JamisD,

Thanks for your reply :), just wanted to share what the Best Denki guys told me today when I was browsing yet again at the washing machine section. According to him, Panasonic is good at top load, but the model you are inquiring about is their second attempt at front load. Apparently, the first attempt didn't kick off.

He added further that the Samsung model which I was also looking at is built without a belt (I'm not sure what he means) so less durable than those with belt eg LG and other European brands. Subsequently he pointed me to a Bosch model (made in Thailand).

Think sales talk has to be taken with a pinch of salt, since another sales person on another day also directed me to the Bosch model, which I wasn't very keen cos of the smaller opening door. But nonetheless good to keep this in mind while waiting for more feedback from users.

Hi JamisD,

Thanks for your reply :), just wanted to share what the Best Denki guys told me today when I was browsing yet again at the washing machine section. According to him, Panasonic is good at top load, but the model you are inquiring about is their second attempt at front load. Apparently, the first attempt didn't kick off.

He added further that the Samsung model which I was also looking at is built without a belt (I'm not sure what he means) so less durable than those with belt eg LG and other European brands. Subsequently he pointed me to a Bosch model (made in Thailand).

Think sales talk has to be taken with a pinch of salt, since another sales person on another day also directed me to the Bosch model, which I wasn't very keen cos of the smaller opening door. But nonetheless good to keep this in mind while waiting for more feedback from users.

Hi BlackSesami, Yes, take it with a pinch of salt! The sales guy is bullXXXXXX, I was in the same situation as you and was directed to Bosch. Panasonic released a front load with tilted drum fully made in Japan in year 2007 (combo-washer /dryer), check this out :http://renotalk.20.forumer.com/a/panasonic-tilted-drum-washing-machinedryer_post45870.html

. In fact the model that we're discussing should be the third release just that it was design w/o tilt. Not sure why Panasonic decided to change the drum design, would have probably be more water efficient.

I am a great fan of Panasonic product for its durability and reliability, however times have changed, product are mostly made in CHina now, even my regular neighborhood electrical warned me. Anyway, I was quoted from 2 stores $1220 & $1250 (incl. GST) for their 10KG model. $980.00 for the 8KG.

At the end of the day, I still trust Panasonic.

I am a great fan of Panasonic product for its durability and reliability, however times have changed, product are mostly made in CHina now, even my regular neighborhood electrical warned me. Anyway, I was quoted from 2 stores $1220 & $1250 (incl. GST) for their 10KG model. $980.00 for the 8KG.

At the end of the day, I still trust Panasonic.

I used to think the same many years ago, ie Made in China = lousy/unreliable.

Later on I joined a big US firm which sells leisure electronic products as PM. Part of my job involves sourcing for companies in places like China and Indonesia for manufacturing and assembly of products. This is when I found out that no matter where the product is made/assembled, it still have to pass the same global/regional recognised certifications, as well as my company's own internal stringent quality and reliability tests/checks.

IMO if u're buying (especially bigger and more expensive) products from a big MNC, there's nothing to worry about even if it's Made in China. Big MNCs are very concerned about their branding and reputation. But buying a China brand or some other lesser known brands is another story...

JamisD,

have you made the purchase?

I was also recommended Panasonic NA-148VG3 by Best Denki at IMM. It's an lady who introduced us the machine. What I understand is that although the door is bigger, the hole to put the clothes in is the same as other front load washing machine. She said that the price is very competitive for a 1400 rpm machine. The higher the rpm, the cleaner and quicker can be the wash. Is she right?

Best denki is offering $1099 (inclusive of GST) for the machine. It comes with 3 years warranty and also free S$100 NTUC voucher. Quite tempted to buy but we have until end of this month to consider.

JamisD,

have you made the purchase?

I was also recommended Panasonic NA-148VG3 by Best Denki at IMM. It's an lady who introduced us the machine. What I understand is that although the door is bigger, the hole to put the clothes in is the same as other front load washing machine. She said that the price is very competitive for a 1400 rpm machine. The higher the rpm, the cleaner and quicker can be the wash. Is she right?

Best denki is offering $1099 (inclusive of GST) for the machine. It comes with 3 years warranty and also free S$100 NTUC voucher. Quite tempted to buy but we have until end of this month to consider.

Yes, have purchased the washing machine.

In my opinion, I think it is an awesome washer, very quiet, spins dry and clean. Have not check power consumption as just purchased less than 2 weeks.

I bought it at a much cheaper price. Let me know if you would like to know price and place I bought. I'll PM you.

Btw, I thought the promo is till end of Oct??

In my opinion, I think it is an awesome washer, very quiet, spins dry and clean. Have not check power consumption as just purchased less than 2 weeks.

I bought it at a much cheaper price. Let me know if you would like to know price and place I bought. I'll PM you.

Hi JamisD, I would like to know the price and place where you bought it. Can PM me? Tks so much!

Hi, I know if is almost six months ago, but I am also looking at buying the panasonic washer NA-148VG. So far, how is the machine performing? Any feedback would be most appreciated

Hi JamisD,

Pls pm me for the price and location you buy?