Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ejszaka

My City Haven

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

It's chemical cleaning day tomorrow and horrors of horrors, my ID hasn't fully done the rectifications he's supposed to do. I have no idea if he's supervising these last bits but heads must roll.

Are your rectification major? My minor rectification never seem to be resolve until now .... and already moving in. I think u have been pressing your ID and monitoring closely. tell him u need to move in URGENTLY, if not he has to bear the extra cost lor :)

Wish u smooth completion. :yamseng:

Edited by potatoes

Are your rectification major? My minor rectification never seem to be resolve until now .... and already moving in. I think u have been pressing your ID and monitoring closely. tell him u need to move in URGENTLY, if not he has to bear the extra cost lor :)

Wish u smooth completion. :yamseng:

Sorry for the silence. Been a busy week. Rectifications are minor but enough to irritate the daylights out of me. the ID knows the move in date is non negotiable, from day one, so that part no need to remind. Anyway, I will just withhold the final payment till everything is done. I've come to this point I don't want them to rectify anymore. The more they rectify, the more problems they introduce.

DAY 41

It's been a crazy week chasing after the ID to do rectifications. There are some beyond rectification, and cannot be saved, due to the carelessness and callousness of workers. I am glad the renovation journey is coming to an end. It's a once in a lifetime heck of an experience but I sure won't wanna go through it again. Not entirely a nightmare, but certainly not smooth sailing either.

Spent the week gradually cleaning up the place bit by bit, as I won't have the luxury of doing a thorough job all at once. Moving in on 22 Oct. So crossing my fingers over the upcoming week, and hope that everything is soon soon (smooth). I don't think I will be posting any more pics over the next few days. So these are the most updated pictures before I move in and settle down. Hopefully can post before and final after pics when I am settled in.

P1010518.jpg

The kitchen, minus the glass backing, which is to be installed this coming week... but God knows when.

P1010520.jpg

Another view. If you asked me, the kitchen looks the most like the 3D rendition. The rest of the house had quite a number of changes.

Edited by ejszaka

DAY 41

It's been a crazy week chasing after the ID to do rectifications. There are some beyond rectification, and cannot be saved, due to the carelessness and callousness of workers. I am glad the renovation journey is coming to an end. It's a once in a lifetime heck of an experience but I sure won't wanna go through it again. Not entirely a nightmare, but certainly not smooth sailing either.

Spent the week gradually cleaning up the place bit by bit, as I won't have the luxury of doing a thorough job all at once. Moving in on 22 Oct. So crossing my fingers over the upcoming week, and hope that everything is soon soon (smooth). I don't think I will be posting any more pics over the next few days. So these are the most updated pictures before I move in and settle down. Hopefully can post before and final after pics when I am settled in.

P1010518.jpg

The kitchen, minus the glass backing, which is to be installed this coming week... but God knows when.

P1010520.jpg

Another view. If you asked me, the kitchen looks the most like the 3D rendition. The rest of the house had quite a number of changes.

Please do take a picture of your washing machine if you have the time. Thanks!

The past 2 weeks has been helluva roller coaster ride. Chasing after the bloody ID for rectifications and fretting (and cursing) over those that can never be saved. Then clean and clean to ensure the house is clean enough for inhabitation. Already the weeks before and into the moving day were spent packing and packing, then moved lock stock and barrel on 22 Oct, then unpack quickly so that the movers can come take away the boxes from my already small enough apartment. Then it's rounds of cleaning before I am finally more settled. Still waiting for my bar stools as the stocks have not arrived. It's been more than 4 weeks since I ordered them.

Anyways, finally found some time to snap some photos, so decided to post them up here to complete my reno story.

A couple of pics of the extended living room from various angles.

P1010532.jpg

P1010534.jpg

P1010535.jpg

P1010536.jpg

P1010540.jpg

Edited by ejszaka

My dining area cum working area. Bar stools akan datang. The wonderful company I ordered the stools from didn't even have the decency to call me to inform me of a stockout. Was waiting like a fool on delivery day. I finally made a call to check on time of delivery and was told no stocks. Would have been ultra pissed if I needed the stools urgently or took leave just to wait for them to turn up. What you see in the pics are on consignment, and will be returned once those that I ordered arrive.

P1010544.jpg

P1010545.jpg

P1010557.jpg

Don't mind the 招财猫 kitty bank. I've had it for the longest time - can't bear to part with it.

P1010537.jpg

View from the dining area.

Edited by ejszaka

The cosy bedroom.

P1010554.jpg

No storeroom in my old 3I unit, hence this bedframe with storage space. I am pleasantly surprised with the amount of crap I can squeeze in it. Hehe.

P1010550.jpg

L-shaped pole system wardrobe. Another life saver as far as storage is concerned. Managed to put my 3 pieces of travelling luggage into it too. So Narnia minus the lion!!

P1010555.jpg

My vanity cabinet. The elixirs of eternal youth are all hidden in there.

Edited by ejszaka

P1010565.jpg

The bathroom door and vanity sink with suspended cabinet. I love the 3.5 foot high mirror.

P1010566.jpg

I love the glass door. Can play peek-a-boo. Only thing is, I live alone. And it also doesn't have a lock to spare my walls from more drilling. So visitors (especially ladies) use it at their own risk. Might need to assign a sentry while doing their business, big or small.

Edited by ejszaka