Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ejszaka

My City Haven

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Look good!

One thing I always want to ask

For the tv wall,I notice some do wall and some dont.if hav wall they will mount the bracket of the tv onto those wood wall?

Congrats, ejszaka. Nice bright house!

Would love to see pics of the toilet.

Oops... just realised Reiki asked for pics of the toilet... and I totally forgot about it. Paiseh.

Here they are:

P3120007.jpg

P3120009.jpg

P3120010.jpg

P3120004.jpg

Kept it as simple as I could, as I spend very little time in there.

Edited by ejszaka

P3111322.jpg

P3111321.jpg

Almost 5 months since I moved in, and I've yet to look for something to adorn my walls or pillar. Sigh.

PC241303.jpg

And this was taken last Christmas after I moved in.

Edited by ejszaka

DAY 16

Met electricians late morning yesterday to go through the wiring requirements and placement of power sockets and light switches. Very professional and experienced I must say. The foreman gave very sound advise on what can be done, what can't, and what should be done, to balance practicality and aesthetics. They were hard at work when I returned to spot check during lunch and by evening time, alll the cables and wires were up and tied up in neat bundles.

lightswitches.jpg

Call me kiasu, but I gave this to my ID and the electrician to ensure they know exactly where I want my switches. Not exactly standard technical/eletrical notations, but they get the idea. Am not leaving to chance something I have to live with for at least the next 5 years of my life. Can rely on the ID to plan to the last minute detail cos only the home owner knows?

P1010379.jpg

P1010383.jpg

Tendrils everywhere.

P1010385.jpg

The ugliest unconcealable light switches right outside the toilet.

P1010386.jpg

Materials have been partially delivered for construction of the light boxes, toilet pipe box up and fake walls. They will probably go up over the new few days.

Yo, May I know what is the meaning of 1 gang, 2 gang? :thumbs up:

hihi may i ask you about the alumix wardrobe system.. for the doors that you have.. are they glass or wood sliding doors?

I steered clear of glass cos I am just too lazy to wipe them since they are to prone to finger prints. Heavy too. I opted for wood and if you refer to my pics, the centre strip is actually PU leather with some design on it. Would have wanted more interesting doors like those found in SLIDEROBES, but Alumix is very limited in what they have, so no choice.

Yo, May I know what is the meaning of 1 gang, 2 gang? :thumbs up:

Oh, in layman terms.. it's just the number of switches there are in a box lor. E.g. some have only one.. to switch on one light.. others have 2 or 3, can switch on and off lights in different part of the house.

hi there,

a coupla questions about your kitchen please. i'm thinking of hacking off the wall between my living room and kitchen and in its place put up glass like you did. do you cook much? can you say (or have you heard anything at all) it's a practical thing to do? i noticed you also used glass as the backsplash. easier to clean than tiles, would you say?

any input is appreciated. thanks!

P3111322.jpg

P3111321.jpg

Almost 5 months since I moved in, and I've yet to look for something to adorn my walls or pillar. Sigh.

PC241303.jpg

And this was taken last Christmas after I moved in.

May i know where u bought the glass vase? and the things in the glass vase?

hi there,

a coupla questions about your kitchen please. i'm thinking of hacking off the wall between my living room and kitchen and in its place put up glass like you did. do you cook much? can you say (or have you heard anything at all) it's a practical thing to do? i noticed you also used glass as the backsplash. easier to clean than tiles, would you say?

any input is appreciated. thanks!

I do cook a few times a week and sometimes on weekends. The usual stir frying, boiling soup, etc. Nothing like the Malay housewife auntie. So far I find it ok. Been staying here 9 months and as long as you make it a point to clean up right after cooking, I find it ok. The fumes don't seem to dirty the glass door also.

I find the glass backsplash easier to clean. I think less likely to get stains compared to tiles. I have another friend who did the same, cos his ID recommended it, saying that even if it gets dirty or cracked from heavy use after some years, it is very easy to just replace the glass backsplash. Hope this answers your questions.

May i know where u bought the glass vase? and the things in the glass vase?

The vase was from Robinson's from some years back. Chances are, they might now have the exact same thing, but I am sure you will be able to find similar vases in their household department. The things in the glass vase from from Ikea some months back. They are seasonal, sometimes have, sometimes not. Other times they bring in other things.