Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
TohWeixiang

$10K Budget For Renovation Of 5Rm Dbss Flat

Dear all,

I am looking at doing up the following for my 5 room DBSS flat... Wondering if its possible? Due to budget limits, thinking of looking for contractor or even carpenter.. ID marks up too much..

Carpentry

* 3ft full height shoe cabinet + 2ft seetle ($1k)

* 8ft x 6.5ft TV Console + Cabinet storage / Feature Wall ($2.4k)

* 7ft top flung cabinet ($0.8k)

* 3ft suspend study table on baywindow ($0.5k)

* L Box in Living Room + False Ceiling in Dining ($0.8k)

* 7ft feature wall for dining ($0.8k)

* ICI Painting ($1k)

Ard $8k... is it possible for a contractor to take this up?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Dear all,

I am looking at doing up the following for my 5 room DBSS flat... Wondering if its possible? Due to budget limits, thinking of looking for contractor or even carpenter.. ID marks up too much..

Carpentry

* L Box in Living Room + False Ceiling in Dining ($0.8k) depends on the area and length

* 7ft feature wall for dining ($0.8k) how about the ht?

* ICI Painting ($1k) it's impossible for this price , if you have do a research on this forum. Is this new or old flat? Unless u buy the paints and get some Indian workers to come over your place to do it for you, but you got to take the risk. :unsure:

I have total up the amount is $8300 if I am not wrong. Beside those item that I reply you, the others can be done, but still need to look at the design and material used.

I have total up the amount is $8300 if I am not wrong. Beside those item that I reply you, the others can be done, but still need to look at the design and material used.

my flat is a new DBSS 5 room flat... anyway, ID quoted me $1.1k ICI paint... most of the prices I quoted in my initial posts were base prices quoted by ID... of coz a few items were not.

can i check about warranty issues for your company? the ID included design services... but i was not pretty sold on them, coz the ID aka salesgirl was quite determined for me to sign on...

my flat is a new DBSS 5 room flat... anyway, ID quoted me $1.1k ICI paint... most of the prices I quoted in my initial posts were base prices quoted by ID... of coz a few items were not.

can i check about warranty issues for your company? the ID included design services... but i was not pretty sold on them, coz the ID aka salesgirl was quite determined for me to sign on...

Hi Tohweixiang,

Warranty for workmanship will be 2 years, wear and tear and man made problems are not covered. For your case, i can get my designer to draw for you if you do not have any idea what you want. As for contractor, they do not have a showroom :) only ID's has one. I do have a operating signage workshop at Defu lane which is my office. And for my carpentry, i do have a workshop in JB.

I guess those are basic price u got quoted for. But before you commit anything just ensure that those are the items and material you wanted for the right price. If you wanted to take a look at our workmanship, i can arrange to show you my current project.

:D

Hi Douglas,

Hope ts don't mind me enquiring as well. I also require similar service for my new 5-room Dbss at amk.

Pls email me at slikpizz3@gmail.com with some of ur works. I have already some ideas on what we need. Do u do simple false ceiling and installation of lights as well?

Budget Ard 8k. At basic furnishing already in as it is a dbss project. We mainly require construction of cabinets and misc carpentry works.

Rgds

Tay

NOT Possible

1) once u hve false ceiling living and dinning areas what abt the lighting points ????

2)painting $1k maybe a few wall panel not the whole unit . right ? must well you so wall paper for some wall .

Hi Douglas,

I'm also looking to construct feature wall + TV Console at the living room; master bedroom; shoes cabinet at foyer area and other carpentry stuff. But mine is a resale flat, i'll be doing a major overhaul, hence will be engaging an ID to do the reno. Can i have yr email add to send my floorplan to u? Thanks!

Dear all,

Carpentry

* L Box in Living Room + False Ceiling in Dining ($0.8k)

* 7ft feature wall for dining ($0.8k)

* ICI Painting ($1k)

no lightings? if you have planters, you also need outdoor decking.