Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
calliecats

My Dream Home - 4 Room In The Central Area

More pics....

Before (Master looking out to the living/dining)

MBR2before.jpg

After (with roller blinds when I need privacy)

2011-10-01033324.jpg

2011-10-01015330.jpg

Before

MBRbefore.jpg

After (master bedroom aircon service window is now behind the WIW tick tack mirror)

2012-04-09142618.jpg

Edited by calliecats

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

TGIFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

Apologies for all the folks who have been waiting for more pics of the bedroom. It was a hectic work week :furious:

Here are more pics of the master bedroom:

Before ( 2 bedrooms, wall in between)

room4.jpg

After (wall in between hacked & made into 1 big master bedroom)

2012-04-09142926-1.jpg

Before (with recessed beam)

room3.jpg

After (recessed beam sealed up, wallpapered & TV cables etc were ran inside for a seamless look)

2012-04-18231832-1.jpg

2012-04-09142818-1.jpg

Edited by calliecats

More pics!

Master Bedroom (previously the 2nd bedroom)

2012-04-09142746-1.jpg

My bed is King Koil with a black & silver fabric headboard from Courts. They were having a promo at that time for mattress & headboard set & I paid about $1600 all in. I had the bedframe legs changed to 6" as I like my bed to be as high as possible. I ordered the 6" square legs but I was given the 6" round legs instead. Apparently, they do not make 6" square legs anymore and the Courts promoter gave me the wrong info. Eventually, I decided to accept the round legs after they waived the additional $50 that I would have to pay for the changing the legs. So far, I must say I'm very happy with the bed :sport-smiley-018:

Wall mounted reading lamps

2012-04-18225709.jpg

I bought the gold wall mount lamp stands before I even bought the house! I got them from KL on a business trip when I was still house hunting. They were a bargain at RM15 each only! The lamp shades were later bought at Ikea for around $20 each & the bulbs I use LED bought from Ed my contractor. So far, so good :thumbs up:

View from the all glass master bathroom

2012-04-18231348-1.jpg

Do you see the flowers or the lady's face? I bought this painting from Bali, while the house was still under renovation & had it stretched in Singapore for around $50. I was taken in by the sweet pink colour although at the time I hadn't decided on the wall paper yet, I bought it anyway. It makes an interesting conversational piece when friends come over. You can see the painting also from the living room through the half glass wall, and it bounces off the mirrors behind the dining & sofa.

View through the half glass wall into the WIW/Master Bedroom

2012-05-12110400.jpg

View from Living/dining looking in

2012-05-12110459.jpg

I've had so many enquiries about my renovations & contractor by PM, I'm sorry if I have not managed to reply to all of you straightaway as I have been really busy at work. I will try to do so as soon as possible. Please PM me again if I've missed replying to you :yamseng: Have a great weekend!!

Edited by calliecats

your id do get some credit for your place

but you should get more credit cuz you the one that bring out the look of your place

with the good taste in furnishing and decorating.

and it doesnt mean that by getting your id to do the job their place will be as nice as yours if

not willing to spend more on furnishing and decoration

More pics!

Master Bedroom (previously the 2nd bedroom)

2012-04-09142746-1.jpg

My bed is King Koil with a black & silver fabric headboard from Courts. They were having a promo at that time for mattress & headboard set & I paid about $1600 all in. I had the bedframe legs changed to 6" as I like my bed to be as high as possible. I ordered the 6" square legs but I was given the 6" round legs instead. Apparently, they do not make 6" square legs anymore and the Courts promoter gave me the wrong info. Eventually, I decided to accept the round legs after they waived the additional $50 that I would have to pay for the changing the legs. So far, I must say I'm very happy with the bed :sport-smiley-018:

Wall mounted reading lamps

2012-04-18225709.jpg

I bought the gold wall mount lamp stands before I even bought the house! I got them from KL on a business trip when I was still house hunting. They were a bargain at RM15 each only! The lamp shades were later bought at Ikea for around $20 each & the bulbs I use LED bought from Ed my contractor. So far, so good :thumbs up:

View from the all glass master bathroom

2012-04-18231348-1.jpg

Do you see the flowers or the lady's face? I bought this painting from Bali, while the house was still under renovation & had it stretched in Singapore for around $50. I was taken in by the sweet pink colour although at the time I hadn't decided on the wall paper yet, I bought it anyway. It makes an interesting conversational piece when friends come over. You can see the painting also from the living room through the half glass wall, and it bounces off the mirrors behind the dining & sofa.

View through the half glass wall into the WIW/Master Bedroom

2012-05-12110400.jpg

View from Living/dining looking in

2012-05-12110459.jpg

I've had so many enquiries about my renovations & contractor by PM, I'm sorry if I have not managed to reply to all of you straightaway as I have been really busy at work. I will try to do so as soon as possible. Please PM me again if I've missed replying to you :yamseng: Have a great weekend!!

Hi Rayfox,

Thanks for your compliments. I did spend alot of time looking through magazines & of course reading Renotalk for tips! So thanks to all those RTers who opened up their homes to share useful info.

I decided to do this blog partly to document my reno journey & also to give back something to others who are in similar positions & trying their best to create their dream home for themselves & their loved ones. I believe that those who come here hope to do up their ideal abode in the most economical & problem free manner. I just wanted to share an objective view & will not hesitate to give credit where credit is due.

Contrary to popular belief, furnishing need not be expensive to have luxe feel. Many times, it is a matter of putting interesting textures together & layering the colours to create the effect. Colours play a big part of the mood that it creates. I believe the most important thing is that the home should be a reflection of who you are, like a dress or your makeup. You would want your home to be "you" & cater to your needs. For me, my home is an extention of who I am as a person & should be functional to me taking into account my habits, as well as relatively easy to maintain, and yet have the lux feel. I have to travel often for work & live half my time in hotels so perhaps I was influenced by the "hotel" look that many RTers have commented that my home looks like.

Most importantly, I do not believe in following trends. Trends come & go, and in a few years time, a trend popular now might already be dated & it would be easy for people to date your home to a particular time period just looking at it. Go with your heart & create a home that you can feel that you would not want to step out of & you will have a done a successful renovation. Of course having said that, if a particularly popular trend is something that speaks to you, then by all means go with it. Just don't be pressured by your ID/contractor to agree to a home design that you do not think is functional (TO YOU) or you cannot say "I love my home!". A good contractor, for example, should ask you about your daily habits, what activities you have in different parts of the home (for lighting)& how you work in the kitchen etc. He or she can then advice you on what would be a good design FOR YOU.

I have talked to many contractors & IDs who tried to designed my house as if it were their house, with lots of work where I do not need, maybe so that they can charge more for the works. And then there are those who just do what you tell them, and provide no constructive input. Two ends of the extremes both of which could not give me what I needed. I wanted to entrust my home to someone who could be a sounding board to my ideas, especially in the technical aspects which I have no clue, as well as excellent execution of their works with minimal supervision on my part in the reno process.

So to all the RTers still looking for your ideal partner to entrust your reno to, all the very best! If you like my home, drop me a PM if you need to know anything. I'm open to share about any aspect - reno, furnishing, colours, materials, ideas... It's just my way of giving back a little to all that I have gained from RT.

To those who have PMed me, I'm still trying to clear my backlog (haha). Please be patient & I will try my best to get back to you as soon as I can.

Have a great week ahead :yamseng:

Edited by calliecats

I like the mirror walls that you have. can I check with you how the contractor brought up the mirrors to your place? my contractor say to do mine have to use a crane to bring thru the window? got so big meh? I am stay in a hdb flat.

I like the mirror walls that you have. can I check with you how the contractor brought up the mirrors to your place? my contractor say to do mine have to use a crane to bring thru the window? got so big meh? I am stay in a hdb flat.

Hi kunzzy,

May I know the size of your mirrors?

Mine came up by lift. My contractor measured the size of my lift to know the maximum size of the panel that can fit inside. If not, it will be additional charge if the workers are bringing it up by staircase, & can be costly. Mine was around 2x1.5m panels. So it really depends on the size of your lift.

Finally managed to find the time to upload more pics on photobucket. Thank you for your patience :thumbs up:

Foyer Before

IMG00726-20110701-1038.jpg

Foyer After

2011-10-01013628.jpg

Household shelter concealed behind tick tack door with mirror panels (when door is open)

2012-04-09142058.jpg

Household shelter concealed behind tick tack door with mirror panels (when door is closed)

2012-04-09142139.jpg

I love your foyer light too. Very classy. Can share where you bought it from? Thanks a bunch!

Hi kunzzy,

May I know the size of your mirrors?

I havent order yet, just considering only as the cost is $1000+.

I wanted full height mirrors say 2.6m to cover 5.8m of my walls. How much did you pay for your mirrors?

Hi there,

Thanks for your compliments! I got it from Lightings.com. But I'm not sure if they still carry it though. All the best on your reno :thumbs up:

I love your foyer light too. Very classy. Can share where you bought it from? Thanks a bunch!

Hi there,

Thanks for your compliments! I got it from Lightings.com. But I'm not sure if they still carry it though. All the best on your reno :thumbs up:

Hi Calliecats, may i have the contact of the shop that did the painting framing for you?

thanks in advance.

Hi getzski,

I cant really remember the name of the shop but it was in Little India, behind Apollo Banana Leaf Restaurant.

Hi Calliecats, may i have the contact of the shop that did the painting framing for you?

thanks in advance.

Hi getzski,

I cant really remember the name of the shop but it was in Little India, behind Apollo Banana Leaf Restaurant.

thanks calliecats. good enough for me....time to explore little india!

thanks calliecats. good enough for me....time to explore little india!

we all can go together.... want to try the banana leaf restaurant :sport-smiley-004: