Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Renmapiao

Maisonette Aircon Compressor

I wonder if anyone can give advise or confirm this.

I have a friend (he's a building manager by profession) who owns a maisonette who had advised me the best place to place the aircon compressor is actually outside the house and not at the inside of the balcony. Placing inside the house will cause warm air to circulate within the house (and with the shutter down) making the whole house hot.

In his own house, he has placed the compressor outside.

Edited by Renmapiao

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I wonder if anyone can give advise or confirm this.

I have a friend (he's a building manager by profession) who owns a maisonette who had advised me the best place to place the aircon compressor is actually outside the house and not at the inside of the balcony. Placing inside the house will cause warm air to circulate within the house (and with the shutter down) making the whole house hot.

In his own house, he has placed the compressor outside.

Yes naturally if placing outdoor (on the outside wall bracket mounted) is allowed it is definitely prefered. For older EM do take note that you might have limitation on the current allowable for each outdoor unit (so called the compressor). You can actually refer to HDB guideline on aircon installlation in their website.

Thanks Jackwolf for the word of advice

Yes naturally if placing outdoor (on the outside wall bracket mounted) is allowed it is definitely prefered. For older EM do take note that you might have limitation on the current allowable for each outdoor unit (so called the compressor). You can actually refer to HDB guideline on aircon installlation in their website.

• Like 1

Hi, I hv a qn regarding aircon. Will we be buy n install new aircon set while using back the existing compressors.

The whole idea is to save some cost without getting the full set of aircon n compressors n having the look of new aircon.

The old existing aircon is Sanyo brand.

Appreciate any replies on this matter. Thanks

Hi Newbie. My brother-in-law is an aircon expert. His advise is - if the trunking is still good - no leaks and the compressor is still working well, just changing the blower units will help save you a lot.

Hi, I hv a qn regarding aircon. Will we be buy n install new aircon set while using back the existing compressors.

The whole idea is to save some cost without getting the full set of aircon n compressors n having the look of new aircon.

The old existing aircon is Sanyo brand.

Appreciate any replies on this matter. Thanks

Hi Newbie. My brother-in-law is an aircon expert. His advise is - if the trunking is still good - no leaks and the compressor is still working well, just changing the blower units will help save you a lot.

Hi Renmapiao,

I've got a split unit Fujitsu aircon which is made in Japan & had been in use for more than 15 years. Non-energy saving.

Model # : ASY9ANC - W

recently, the blower units (I presumed that the blower units u r referring to is the plastic rectangular box that is installed in the rooms for aircon) had emitted very loud clanking noises when turned on.

But if we replaced blower units, do u have any idea if new blower units would be compatible with our existing Fujitsu compressor?

Hi Edenstrauss,

As far as I know, you can buy the blower unit to replace the ones that are no longer working - but you need to get the one of the same type. You can ask your aircon maintenance technician on the compatible models.

Hi Renmapiao,

I've got a split unit Fujitsu aircon which is made in Japan & had been in use for more than 15 years. Non-energy saving.

Model # : ASY9ANC - W

recently, the blower units (I presumed that the blower units u r referring to is the plastic rectangular box that is installed in the rooms for aircon) had emitted very loud clanking noises when turned on.

But if we replaced blower units, do u have any idea if new blower units would be compatible with our existing Fujitsu compressor?

Hi Edenstrauss,

As far as I know, you can buy the blower unit to replace the ones that are no longer working - but you need to get the one of the same type. You can ask your aircon maintenance technician on the compatible models.

ok thanks :) but it's likely that we will remove & install new inverters becox the existing old version is a non-inverter.