Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jackychun

♥ Serangoon 4-Room Resale Flat ♪♫

Jacky, u r making good progress. Reno seems pretty fast.... Btw, I heard installing windows also need Hdb permit, is that true? I m still waiting for my windows to be installed. :(

Hi potatoes,

As I read from the Renovation guideline from HDB, only some of the windows installing need HDB Permit. If you just replace the windows and change the internal windows grill, it may not need any permit. My ID told me the Windows Contractor will check the site condition and apply the permit accordingly, if necessary. Every permit application can be checked on HDB website after you login. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hello Jacky....

Hope you do mind the day I went to your unit sightseeing with wee kuang.

Everything look great on your reno. So you got your stuff from GENOVA? Heavy damage?

Going to my unit later to check on the false ceiling. Will try to update my t-blog later.... getting lazy...

LOL - Nobel

Hi Nobel,

Of course no problem. You are welcome to my place all the time! :D No worries!

I have not taken anything from Genova yet.

I have ordered hob and hood from other source as it is quite expensive in Genova.

The package of S$388 can consider kekeke... :D

What a headache process and pocket getting empty soon. :((

DAY 7 (06 SEPTEMBER 2011):

See something really transformed yesterday: :)

- Floor and Wall Tiles for both Bathrooms done.

- Floor tiles for kitchen has been done

- Wall tile for kitchen half done

- Floor tiles for living room done

- Separation wall between kitchen and dining corner has been set up.

Here is some photos of yesterday progress: :)

Very happy to see this separation wall has been built: :D

img1750n.jpg

This part previously belong to the kitchen. Now we need to raise it up to living room floor level. :)

img1755a.jpg

Finishing of living room floor tiles:

img1754uy.jpg

Seting up some drain pipe for washing machine and kitchen sink:

img1749uy.jpg

Floor tiles for kitchen has been laid:

img1737re.jpg

:) Still look quite messy hor. Will be finished soon. Woohoo! :D

Edited by jackychun

Hi neighbour to be!! :sport-smiley-004:

I'm waiting for my 1st appointment which will be in last week of september. zz

I already got the keys though..heehee..currently sourcing for contractor as ID too ex. ;)

Pretty similar to your, my unit is in very original condition so need to renovate whole unit too.

Hopefully can keep it within budget. :P

Can you please share with me your quotation with wawa design? Also, did you engage any fengshui master before reno?

Edited by sugar

Hi neighbour to be!! :sport-smiley-004:

I'm waiting for my 1st appointment which will be in last week of september. zz

I already got the keys though..heehee..currently sourcing for contractor as ID too ex. ;)

Pretty similar to your, my unit is in very original condition so need to renovate whole unit too.

Hopefully can keep it within budget. :P

Can you please share with me your quotation with wawa design? Also, did you engage any fengshui master before reno?

Hi Sugar! :)

Good to know someone moving to Serangoon too! :D

As this is the haulage works, everything need to be changed so you need to be well prepared then. :dancingqueen:

My total damage for the renovation only is around 38k. :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall:

We try to do as much renovation works as we can so that in a long term run will be better.

I did not engage any fengshui master. Actually my Mom roughly know how to see what is a good day and basic fengshui knowledge and she helps me. :yamseng:

Hope to see your blog soon. You can consider my ID. Let me know if you need his contact number. :)

Few days have not updated my blog. My HDD has some problems and I lost some photos taken these days.

Basically after the first 10 days:

- Wall tiles for bathrooms and kitchen: DONE

- Floor tiles for bathrooms, kitchen and living rooms: DONE

- New windows panels has been SET UP.

- Separation wall between dinning corner and kitchen has been done. Waiting for plastering.

- Basement for washing machine, fridge, cabinet...: DONE

Next week will be:

- Plastering

- Electrical works

- Plumbing works

- Aircon Setup

Hopefully the progress can be faster! Hehe! :notti:

Cannot wait to move in the new HOME! Yeah! :good:

Is your plastering major? I had to plaster the whole house because of rockstone from previous owner. Once plastering job is done, your wall will be super smooth smooth .... :)

Wish u smooth reno in the coming week!

Cheers;)

Is your plastering major? I had to plaster the whole house because of rockstone from previous owner. Once plastering job is done, your wall will be super smooth smooth .... :)

Wish u smooth reno in the coming week!

Cheers;)

Thanks a lot for your wish, potatoes! :)

I decided to have major plastering for the whole house. Hope this is the right decision. Hehe. I want to see the wall smoooootthh... :P

All the best for you, too! :rolleyes:

Hi Neighbor,

All the best to your Reno. By this weekend, I would be finalising with which ID/Contractor to work with. Getting all excited. But reno is costly... so far my quotation is 42K without electricals and aircons. $$$ heart pain.

Hi Neighbor,

All the best to your Reno. By this weekend, I would be finalising with which ID/Contractor to work with. Getting all excited. But reno is costly... so far my quotation is 42K without electricals and aircons. $$$ heart pain.

Hi bro,

Finalizing the ID/Contractor actually is the most headache part. But hope you find that interesting as well. And yeah, other than headache, your heart also pain and your pocket drained too... :P Jia You! :D

Too busy with works. Cannot update it everyday... Hehehe.

Today I find sometimes to update the progress for my home renovation:

- All tiling works have been completed.

- Windows panels has been installed.

- Plastering is on going. Up to yesterday (13 September 2011), plastering for 2 bedrooms has been done. It will be finished by tomorrow (15 September 2011).

After that, electrical works and plumbing works will be carried out. Eearly next week, aircon will be set up. :)

Here is the view from living room to my dinning corner and kitchen. Transformer...!!! Yeah! :P You can see the windows panels has been replaced. :)

sam0147a.jpg

This is from kitchen look out to living room: :)

And wall tiles for kitchen done too. The exposed space will be for kitchen cabinet to be installed later.

sam0154ag.jpg

sam0149l.jpg

Bathrooms tiling done.

sam0138qi.jpg

Stay tuned. Cross my fingers and will update the progress soon. :D

15 September 2011:

Yesterday the main door has been installed. We decided to choose simple design for it for easy clean up later on. :)

Plastering has been done as well for ceiling and walls. Home looks much brighter now.

Today, there are basic plumbing works and electrical setup carried out. We are going to buy air-cons for the bedrooms this weekends. Tentatively, early next week the aircons will be installed. :D

Here are some photos of the progress.

Main door: :)

15sep20113.jpg

15sep20111.jpg

Plastering done. Headache part is choosing the paint color later on! :P

15sep20115.jpg

15sep20118.jpg

15sep20117.jpg

That's the progress updated. :)

Update a blog is more difficult than I thought... Hehehe... OK, here we go.

18 September 2011, me and my Mom went to visit our home. By then, basic plumbing works and electrical works has been done.

The uncle electrician is very friendly. He was laying the electrical wires around the house when we came. You can see the wires are all around! :)

Here is the living rooms condition at that time:

newupdated1503.jpg

sam0181m.jpg

Here are the photos for electrical wiring in bedrooms.

sam0191f.jpg

sam0192c.jpg

Edited by jackychun

18 September 2011:

Below are some photos of plumbing works done by 18 September. WCs, basins, basin taps and bidets has been isntalled for bathrooms. Stainless steel pipes has been laid to replace the previous cooper one.

Here is the ready plubming works for kitchen sink and washing machine: :)

sam0187t.jpg

Common bathroom:

sam0186v.jpg

Master bathroom:

sam0182v.jpg

Still look a bit messy but things will be in order soon.

21 September 2011:

I came to the house after work yesterday. Basically, electrical wiring has been done. New update is the done up of the false ceiling as well.

As the height is a bit limited, we decide to do the false ceiling for the living room only. Here is the very first result: :)

sam0206n.jpg

The space on top of bedroom doors also boxed up as we are going to install the air-conditioner later on.

sam0220z.jpg

Electrical done.

sam0215v.jpg

sam0211i.jpg

MCB, sockets points, switches...etc. has been cover by plastic so that it will not be spoiled by painting works. :)

sam0208j.jpg

This is an update as of now. This weekend will be busy for us as we need to do the aircon hunting at Expo Gain City. Hope that we can find a good deal for all the electrical appliances. Yeah! :D